• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We Needed this Loss.

Diesel

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We didn't need this loss. 

Yes we did.  We came in too cocky.   Sometimes, a good grounding helps us get back to what makes us win.   It's the running them of most rocky movies.   We needed to know that they do have weapons and they have shown their hand.  We needed to see it up close and now we can plan how to beat it. 

• Like 3

Remember when the Celtics and Lakers of the 80s would have 20 point leads against each other in playoff games and lose it anyway at the end. This is different yes but it is still one game. So see you at home folks and go from there.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, Diesel said:

We are better as the underdogs.   We were becoming the media darlings.  I think we needed to see that we can lose.  We can definitely come back from this but there are some lessons to be learned here.
Trae, if you're going to shoot those shots, you need to be back on defense.  The run outs were killing us. 

I agree with the bolded. The Hawks need that chip on their shoulder. That edge makes them better. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Yes we did.  We came in too cocky.   Sometimes, a good grounding helps us get back to what makes us win.   It's the running them of most rocky movies.   We needed to know that they do have weapons and they have shown their hand.  We needed to see it up close and now we can plan how to beat it. 

This team won a squeaker in game one. It's not like they put on an overwhelming performance.

• Like 1

I watched until half time.  Wasn’t on live TV and skimmed through the third and ultimately skipped the fourth quarter altogether.  They got their asses run out of the gym.  In the playoffs every loss counts the same so the margin of defeat matters none.  Regroup, refocus, adjust, and continue to do things that work.  No reason to hang your head.

• Like 4

Live and learn.  Die and forget it all.

Wouldn't learn nearly as much if this had been a close game and we lost.  Bucks came out with vengeance in their heart.  They got it.  Made the Hawks look like a third rate team.  Don't forget, this was the same team that took the Hawks lightly in game one and lost.

Bucks couldn't play much better.  Hawks couldn't play much worse.  Trae was under constant pressure all three quarters he played.  Bucks owned the paint.  Trae tried to force some plays.  Turnovers.  Lessons learned.  We needed to learn some stuff.  We did.  

👨‍🌾

15 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I don't think they are that superior to us.

No I don’t either. They are more seasoned than us as a group being in these battles before but we are a different kind of young team with a lot of moxie to our game and confidence.

Yup, it’s definitely a series like you said, another possible 7 gamer, definitely 6 for sure I don’t see either team getting knocked in 5.

I still say Lopez is a liability out there. Not sure if we play possum and expose him later on or really just exploit and expose him in the next game or two. Lotta interesting back and forth for the coaches with the schemes no doubt.

This is fun. In other years it was looking forward to the draft. This is what it’s all about. Love it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1