• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021 Atlanta Hawks Summer League Thread

NBASupes

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

His body control and athletic movements stand out.  I didn't see the hesitation to look for his shot that I saw from him at Duke either.  I've said for a while now that Coach K hasn't been coaching his players worth a flip.  Very interested to see what Jon Scheyer does with the talent they get at Duke (not a Duke fan by any stretch of the imagination though).  

Its a lost art in today game for a big to take his man off the dribble. That's the thing that stands out for me. He can score at all 3 levels and can penetrate. I think the last big I saw who could really do that was KD. Not saying he's KD but really, how many bigs do you know that can post up, shoot from range and penetrate off the drive/create their own shot?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Its a lost art in today game for a big to take his man off the dribble. That's the thing that stands out for me. He can score at all 3 levels and can penetrate. I think the last big I saw who could really do that was KD. Not saying he's KD but really, how many bigs do you know that can post up, shoot from range and penetrate off the drive/create their own shot?

Yeah.  I watched this guy basically do whatever he wanted to do on the floor last night, and it made me wonder how in the hell did he drop to 20.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Yeah man.  All that with like zero hesitation.  He'd get the ball and go right at the defender.  Watching this dude you can instantly see why we let Knight go.  

NHR but...

I really liked Yam Madar for Boston.  The game totally changed in the first half when they brought him in.  High energy, nice court awareness, and good on the ball defense.  He had Skylar out there struggling to breathe on a couple of trips lol 

2021 NBA Summer League: How Yam Madar fared in Celtics debut | RSN

...aaand that's enough of that.  He plays for the enemy so eff'em.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Michael Porter Jr. is on this wave.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wretch said:

Yeah man.  All that with like zero hesitation.  He'd get the ball and go right at the defender.  Watching this dude you can instantly see why we let Knight go.  

NHR but...

I really liked Yam Madar for Boston.  The game totally changed in the first half when they brought him in.  High energy, nice court awareness, and good on the ball defense.  He had Skylar out there struggling to breathe on a couple of trips lol 

2021 NBA Summer League: How Yam Madar fared in Celtics debut | RSN

...aaand that's enough of that.  He plays for the enemy so eff'em.

Summer League is really used as an audition for guys to show teams their value. Madar has some good value. I'll be keeping an eye on him for the rest of summer league.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

Disclaimer...Camp did not say snot but I am currently grounded from cursing on the internet from using that kind of language. My grandson just visited and I was quickly given a list of words I have to stop saying and "stupid" is on the list right before that other S word. He says I'm allowed to type on the internet as long I avoid all of the classic bad words and all of the new ones.

Deluge of hair-brained threads incoming.  And there ain't a thang you can say about 'em.  Haha

14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Deluge of hair-brained threads incoming.  And there ain't a thang you can say about 'em.  Haha

So it all began with me introducing him to my dogs and saying this one is big and clumsy but really smart. This is one is little, very sweet but she's a little stupid. Seems that someone's pre-k  class has identified stupid as one of the worst things you can possibly say about anyone, including dogs. To which I was ratted out for saying worse on the internet and I got a lecture on the importance of using our nice words and that if I couldn't do that, MeeMaw would take my computer time away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

So it all began with me introducing him to my dogs and saying this one is big and clumsy but really smart. This is one is little, very sweet but she's a little stupid. Seems that someone's pre-k  class has identified stupid as one of the worst things you can possibly say about anyone, including dogs. To which I was ratted out for saying worse on the internet and I got a lecture on the importance of using our nice words and that if I couldn't do that, MeeMaw would take my computer time away.

It's about time somebody stepped in to stop the monster you were becoming. 😄

Some of the teachers I had would not make it in the school system nowadays.

Flashback to 5th grade alert.

Once, after PE, somebody came back to class a little ripe.  A teacher lined us up to smell who the culprit was.  When she found him, made him stand outside until the end of the day.  Young man learned a valuable lesson in wearing deodorant.  Bet he never missed it again.

Try that in 2021 and that teacher'd end up on the news in a bad way.

And, no, it wasn't me.  Well, it actually was me, but I was so funky that the kid standing next to me got blamed.  Haha, sucker.

• Haha 4

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's about time somebody stepped in to stop the monster you were becoming. 😄

Some of the teachers I had would not make it in the school system nowadays.

Flashback to 5th grade alert.

Once, after PE, somebody came back to class a little ripe.  A teacher lined us up to smell who the culprit was.  When she found him, made him stand outside until the end of the day.  Young man learned a valuable lesson in wearing deodorant.  Bet he never missed it again.

Try that in 2021 and that teacher'd end up on the news in a bad way.

And, no, it wasn't me.  Well, it actually was me, but I was so funky that the kid standing next to me got blamed.  Haha, sucker.

Yikes - you aren't wrong about that.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, thecampster said:

Disclaimer...Camp did not say snot but I am currently grounded from cursing on the internet from using that kind of language. My grandson just visited and I was quickly given a list of words I have to stop saying and "stupid" is on the list right before that other S word. He says I'm allowed to type on the internet as long I avoid all of the classic bad words and all of the new ones.

He sure told you, lololololol.

On 8/9/2021 at 9:24 AM, thecampster said:

It's not a lost art, everyone would do it, if they could. It's the fundamental part of Basketball everyone learns playing 1v1 but it's hard to do it. Takes a good to great first step. I didn't think JJ had a good first step but watching the Boston game, he does have a good first step for a 6'9 swingman. 

• Like 1