• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Trae vs Luka trade fully reverses next year

sillent

Cam is the key. The narrative now has become that it's a win-win for both. If/when Cam breaks out is when you can start to pile on top of the critics even more

But do realize, now that the playoffs are over, the hype around Trae and the Hawks will die down again. People will go back to Lebron hugging. They will even prop Zion up above Trae again. 

And don't let Ayton get a ring. They will put his name back in the convo from the 2018 draft and say he was the best pick after all. 

Narratives and the media cycle take lives of their own. Logic is not important. Just hype, relevance, and what can drive reactions.

We know what we have going on, and that's enough for me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
On 7/10/2021 at 12:12 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

And don't let Ayton get a ring. They will put his name back in the convo from the 2018 draft and say he was the best pick after all. 

That would be kind of funny if they did that based on him being the 3rd best guy on the floor for his own team.  He was probably a bit closer to Mikal Bridges than he was to Trae Young as far as being the best guy on his team.  I like Ayton but if you take away the players better than Ayton from Phoenix, they might have the #1 pick this year.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I'm happy that Cam has a new agent and that he's still a Hawk.  Squawk posters know.  Many others have forgotten how the original deal was worked.

Would any of you reverse the deal, right now?  Reddish and Young for Luka - - Even swap?

Me neither!  Yet, that is the deal where others try to say we goofed.  Like a sly fox in the hen house we did!  Sometimes I'm still amazed with what Travis has accomplished.  Every time something happens, I think, Wow!  He's done it again!  Not once but twice in this summer's draft.  And that new center.  He's been doing well this summer.  And a new back up PG.  

I know.  I'm a homer.  But, two all star (potentially) players for Luka.  What can we say.  Wow!

:sun:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 7/9/2021 at 5:28 PM, marco102 said:

I'm here for it.  The conversation has already been debated a bit throughout the playoffs on the national shows.  

I've come to realize the reason the narrative was so lopsided was because no one watched the Hawks play but Hawks fans.  They only had like five nationally televised games in three years.  This why other fans on other message boards would say that Trae wasn't a great passer, ball hog, stat padder, etc. 

I'm curious to see how many nationally televised games we get next season.  Pretty sure it'll be more than five and may actually get a Christmas Day game against the Knicks!

Bro, are you psychic? Predicting Xmas day game and opponent?  Pretty good.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

I'm happy that Cam has a new agent and that he's still a Hawk.  Squawk posters know.  Many others have forgotten how the original deal was worked.

Would any of you reverse the deal, right now?  Reddish and Young for Luka - - Even swap?

Me neither!  Yet, that is the deal where others try to say we goofed.  Like a sly fox in the hen house we did!  Sometimes I'm still amazed with what Travis has accomplished.  Every time something happens, I think, Wow!  He's done it again!  Not once but twice in this summer's draft.  And that new center.  He's been doing well this summer.  And a new back up PG.  

I know.  I'm a homer.  But, two all star (potentially) players for Luka.  What can we say.  Wow!

:sun:

If Cam beats out Bogi for the starting role fair and square, the tables will officially be turned in our favor. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

If Cam beats out Bogi for the starting role fair and square, the tables will officially be turned in our favor. 

I am already where I wouldn’t trade Trae back straight up - mostly because I think he gels with other players much better.  But if Cam even turns into merely a consistent, positive contributor on offense that will be enough with his standout defense to turn this to a clear win regardless of whether he beats out Bogi.  Trae and Luka are basically equals at this point in everything but the amount of positive press they get.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The key to rebuilding is not messing up the draft and Schlenk has went way beyond not messing up.  I think if the current NBA GMs went back and redid the 2018 draft, Luka would easily be the top pick, I presume by each GM.  Luka is easily currently a top10 NBA player.  Whereas even with his playoff performance, Trae is still widely viewed.  So we drafted then traded off a superstar.  Generally you can't do that and not call that a mistake.

If Cam becomes an all star and Trae is still viewed as just all star level, we still lost the trade.  So really the key is one of them must be viewed as a superstar.  Another post season like this last one would actually practically push Trae past Luka on the superstar scale.  The key is can he do it again.

Either way, it's cool that it's debatable, and we traded away a superstar.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Iman said:

The key to rebuilding is not messing up the draft and Schlenk has went way beyond not messing up.  I think if the current NBA GMs went back and redid the 2018 draft, Luka would easily be the top pick, I presume by each GM.  Luka is easily currently a top10 NBA player.  Whereas even with his playoff performance, Trae is still widely viewed.  So we drafted then traded off a superstar.  Generally you can't do that and not call that a mistake.

If Cam becomes an all star and Trae is still viewed as just all star level, we still lost the trade.  So really the key is one of them must be viewed as a superstar.  Another post season like this last one would actually practically push Trae past Luka on the superstar scale.  The key is can he do it again.

Trae is a superstar. Ask Reggie Miller. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Iman said:

Imagine being a Hawks fan and not thinking Trae is a superstar. 

:lmao:

• Like 1