• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who would you choose

sillent

There are about 6 point guards that should be available at pick #20 in this draft.

Ayo Dosunmu 6'5 most similar player in the league (because of height wingspan and play style) is Shae Kidd-Gilchrist Alexander. Has gotten some Jrue Holiday comparisons as well but to me he needs to add more to his defense for that comparison.

Sharife Cooper 6'2 doesn't really compare to many in the league but people are comparing him to Trae Young with no jump shot because of how cerebral he is on the court.

Tre Mann 6'5 If Trae Young was taller and more of a shooting guard but lacked his quickness and cerebral mindset for the game he would be Tre Mann. May actually be the bust people thought Trae would be in the wrong system. Could also be the second coming Tre II just replacing speed with height.

Jared Butler 6'3 would be the prototypical back up point guard can do it all and has a vet demeanor. Also is a cautionary pick because of his heart conditions which may deter us. Could be another typical Denver sleeper where they constantly get great prospects late that others may caution.

Jaden Springer 6'4 solid all around but ultimately may be more of a smaller shooting guard than a PG. Kinda in the Skylar Mays mold/build. 

Miles "Duece" McBride 6'2 (6'8 wingspan). Tough kid used to be a football quarterback. Cerebral, unselfish and surveys the basketball court like a quarterback on the football field. Calm demeanor from the beginning to the end of the game but a dog on defense when he hones in on an opponent.

If the top 3 (Cooper, Mann, Dosunmu) pan out I believe they can be stars or atleast starters in this league. I don't believe they would stick with us long term because we have Trae firmly in that position.

The bottom 3 are also very solid players and I believe are more of what we may be looking for at the backup position.

Either way neither one of them would be a bad choice. 

My personal favorite is Miles "Duece" McBride although a healthy Jared Butler would be hard to pass on for that spot. I personally give Duece the edge because of his 6'8 wingspan, athletism, unselfishness, cerebral play style, defensive prowess, coachability and most importantly his intangibles. He can shoot from all levels, sneaky athletic can be a dog on defense and out of all the prospects hasn't really put on full display all that he can do from game to game. I believe if he would've put all of his skills on display regularly he would not be in our pick range but instead of showcasing himself he played the game exactly how the coach wanted him to and for the team.

He had a weak defensive team and to compensate you would often see him guarding everyone but no one in particular at the same time.

On offense he could easily go for his or be a gunner but he often defers to all of his good shooting teammates.

Everything about this kid tells me he would fit in perfectly with our team. Either way this is a perfect draft for those in need of a point guard even if you're pick is in the 2nd round and as I've stated before this may be the deepest draft of point guards that actually pan out in the nba since 2009 (Steph, Rubio, Teague, Jrue and many more). Some would say last year as well which will probably hold true as time prevails. 

I'd take a Haliburton over all of the vet point guards currently available. Alot of these PG's in this up and coming draft might have us all saying the same thing in hindsight.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, sillent said:

There are about 6 point guards that should be available at pick #20 in this draft.

Ayo Dosunmu 6'5 most similar player in the league (because of height wingspan and play style) is Shae Kidd-Gilchrist Alexander. Has gotten some Jrue Holiday comparisons as well but to me he needs to add more to his defense for that comparison.

Sharife Cooper 6'2 doesn't really compare to many in the league but people are comparing him to Trae Young with no jump shot because of how cerebral he is on the court.

Tre Mann 6'5 If Trae Young was taller and more of a shooting guard but lacked his quickness and cerebral mindset for the game he would be Tre Mann. May actually be the bust people thought Trae would be in the wrong system. Could also be the second coming Tre II just replacing speed with height.

Jared Butler 6'3 would be the prototypical back up point guard can do it all and has a vet demeanor. Also is a cautionary pick because of his heart conditions which may deter us. Could be another typical Denver sleeper where they constantly get great prospects late that others may caution.

Jaden Springer 6'4 solid all around but ultimately may be more of a smaller shooting guard than a PG. Kinda in the Skylar Mays mold/build. 

Miles "Duece" McBride 6'2 (6'8 wingspan). Tough kid used to be a football quarterback. Cerebral, unselfish and surveys the basketball court like a quarterback on the football field. Calm demeanor from the beginning to the end of the game but a dog on defense when he hones in on an opponent.

If the top 3 (Cooper, Mann, Dosunmu) pan out I believe they can be stars or atleast starters in this league. I don't believe they would stick with us long term because we have Trae firmly in that position.

The bottom 3 are also very solid players and I believe are more of what we may be looking for at the backup position.

Either way neither one of them would be a bad choice. 

My personal favorite is Miles "Duece" McBride although a healthy Jared Butler would be hard to pass on for that spot. I personally give Duece the edge because of his 6'8 wingspan, athletism, unselfishness, cerebral play style, defensive prowess, coachability and most importantly his intangibles. He can shoot from all levels, sneaky athletic can be a dog on defense and out of all the prospects hasn't really put on full display all that he can do from game to game. I believe if he would've put all of his skills on display regularly he would not be in our pick range but instead of showcasing himself he played the game exactly how the coach wanted him to and for the team.

He had a weak defensive team and to compensate you would often see him guarding everyone but no one in particular at the same time.

On offense he could easily go for his or be a gunner but he often defers to all of his good shooting teammates.

Everything about this kid tells me he would fit in perfectly with our team. Either way this is a perfect draft for those in need of a point guard even if you're pick is in the 2nd round and as I've stated before this may be the deepest draft of point guards that actually pan out in the nba since 2009 (Steph, Rubio, Teague, Jrue and many more). Some would say last year as well which will probably hold true as time prevails. 

I'd take a Haliburton over all of the vet point guards currently available. Alot of these PG's in this up and coming draft might have us all saying the same thing in hindsight.

Cooper no doubt. 

• Like 1

Did a quick study and film 🎞 watch on these young point gods of 2021 that remind folks of the 2009 draft. Teague, Lawson, Maynor etc. good one that year.

I only like 3 guys.

Davion Mitchell-  You watch this guy for 2 seconds and he’s the guy. He’s the alpha, he’s the rich/poor man’s mini Lu Dort type at the point. Rugged and can flat out ball. I realize he’s a lottery pick and we probably won’t get him. He’s my #1.

Jared Butler-I’m not sure but from what I’ve seen he is probably one of the best shooters coming out. Squares his shoulders nicely and mechanics are almost flawless like a mini Klay type. His head is up looking for the next play, seems to get back defensively. Very decisive point guard with some size at 6’4”. He would be nice to run off screens when a guy like Huerter or Cam might be handling in the second unit. Could start out as our 3rd strong PG and blossom from there.

Tre Mann- The cool kid, too cool for school? Lol.This kid a a tall smooth act. If Jared Butler is the best shooter then this kid has one of the better or best floaters I’ve seen. Good size for a point with a certain swag and confidence like he’s been there.

I’d draft one of these 3 and stick them in the 3rd string point guard position after the vet at the backup spot.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sillent said:

I'd take a Haliburton over all of the vet point guards currently available. A lot of these PG's in this up and coming draft might have us all saying the same thing in hindsight.

Me too!  

:smug:

• Like 1

There are a lot of great prospects at PG and I hope we take one of them at #20. My favorite would have to be Ayo Dosunmu. He's shown consistent growth at Illinois and has become a legitimate 3 level scorer and better passer. He's a plus defender, and he has height along with a long wingspan which is a bonus. He's a guy who I think could come and contribute immediately. I don't think he has the physicality/strength to become Jrue Holiday, but I do think he can be better than Dejounte Murray, who'd be one of my top choices of backup PG if he was ever attainable.

Jaden Springer would be interesting because of how young he is. He had a solid freshman year, so the growth he could go through under a couple of years of NBA development may have him surpass these other prospects. I think he's a SG moving forward though. 

Tre Mann would fit a lot of what we do on offense, although I'm not a big fan of him. Not a good passer at all, and I don't think he'll have the same success getting to the rim in the NBA. Maybe he just becomes a lethal shooter. 

After seeing us lose to the Bucks, I think the main attribute we need to be looking for in a backup PG is the ability the punish switches onto weaker defenders. Lou wasn't able to do it at all, whoever we get moving forward whether that's in the draft of FA needs to be able to score when a team decides to switch every screen. Having Hunter and Trae healthy obviously would've helped us beat the Bucks switching defense, but their injuries highlighted some things. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

To no one in particular...

About two weeks out, and somewhat naturally, the excitement starts building to a crescendo.

More soberly, Hollinger and others have asserted that, as drafts go, this one "craters" (Hollinger's verb) after the first 9.

And more soberly where the #20 slot is concerned, based on history...

9 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

Jaden Springer would be interesting because of how young he is. He had a solid freshman year, so the growth he could go through under a couple of years of NBA development may have him surpass these other prospects. I think he's a SG moving forward though. 

Tre Mann would fit a lot of what we do on offense, although I'm not a big fan of him. Not a good passer at all, and I don't think he'll have the same success getting to the rim in the NBA. Maybe he just becomes a lethal shooter. 

I like Jaden because of his age and defensive ability.  

Your Tre Mann points are a little off.  I've watched a lot of scouting reports of him and pretty much all of his games this season.  Tre actually has a problem finishing at the rim, but has one of the best floaters in college basketball. I believe he's like top 3 in the NCAA. He also is a much better passer than you are indicating out of the pick and roll. Tre is also in the 90th percentile in shooting off the dribble.  

He's exactly what you want in someone to attack the Bucks defense. He's already doing NBA things in college.  I just hope the Hawks can get him. 

• Thanks 1