• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Supreme 15

MarylandHawk

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

If everyone stays healthy I'm thinking 55-60 wins. But thats a big IF. 

Looking back at the season games, if Dre and Cam take that next step and are healthy we will be the best team in the NBA. And that’s taking my homer glasses off too. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

I almost forgot about him. Coop it is until he establishes a new one. Lol. 

@sturt your thoughts? Both named Shareef and Sharife. Shareef was nicknamed Reef, can Sharife still be Reef? Or maybe Reefe? Or Coop, but being the Lakers and Bucks fan (big o) that you are you are upset about #21 on the Lakers being dissed. All world defender Michael Cooper.

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@sturt your thoughts? Both named Shareef and Sharife. Shareef was nicknamed Reef, can Sharife still be Reef? Or maybe Reefe? Or Coop, but being the Lakers and Bucks fan (big o) that you are you are upset about #21 on the Lakers being dissed. All world defender Michael Cooper.

Neither Michael Cooper nor Shareef Abdur-Rahim are NBA legends with really distinctive nicknames.  I doubt sturt is going to get worked up either way (with Coop or Reef) like he would if we decided we were going to call Cooper "The Human Highlight Film" or something.  

My personal bias would be to see something other than Reef not because Shareef owns it for the NBA or even the Hawks but just because it might seem a bit derivative for the many Hawks fans who were there during the SAR era.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

It's not a serious conversation, to any degree, when people have shown they'll take all positions on the subject and it's really just a matter of when you happen to catch them jibber-jabbering. It's all entertainment for them. All a.... Bozo's_Circus_1968.JPG .

19 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

Ice Trae

JBap

Dre Day

CC

Bogi

Killa Cam

K’Von

Gallo

Lemon Pepper Lou

OO17

Reefe

JJ (Dynomite)

Solo

The Right Stuff

Gorgi Porgi (lol)

I say they get 65 wins   

Book it!!

Together we can definitely call them the "A Squad". From the 1st five to the last 5 other teams better bring their A game.

I can see 50 - 60 wins. The whole league got tougher but I still see us at the top of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sturt said:

It's not a serious conversation, to any degree, when people have shown they'll take all positions on the subject and it's really just a matter of when you happen to catch them jibber-jabbering. It's all entertainment for them. All a.... Bozo's_Circus_1968.JPG .

Well that’s mature.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Neither Michael Cooper nor Shareef Abdur-Rahim are NBA legends with really distinctive nicknames.  I doubt sturt is going to get worked up either way (with Coop or Reef) like he would if we decided we were going to call Cooper "The Human Highlight Film" or something.  

My personal bias would be to see something other than Reef not because Shareef owns it for the NBA or even the Hawks but just because it might seem a bit derivative for the many Hawks fans who were there during the SAR era.

I understand why you might want to clean up Sturt’s mess because it truly seems like he’s confused about what he values. I think it’s more about him moving the needle or variable if you will to meet his agenda. Nothing wrong with that. Well, one thing, when you claim others not taking convos seriously when you are in a hole that you can’t dig yourself out.

Is the real issue about being a hall of fame player? Is it being a Hawk? Let’s stand up for Oscar Robertson because he did so much for our city and team but let’s ignore Augmon and give him no respect in keeping his nickname. I mean he only played for us for half a decade.

I guess it’s all in the eye of the beholder. The rules just keep changing from our own Milton Bradley. 

• Moderators
On 8/7/2021 at 6:23 PM, Spud2nique said:

I understand why you might want to clean up Sturt’s mess because it truly seems like he’s confused about what he values. I think it’s more about him moving the needle or variable if you will to meet his agenda. Nothing wrong with that. Well, one thing, when you claim others not taking convos seriously when you are in a hole that you can’t dig yourself out.

Is the real issue about being a hall of fame player? Is it being a Hawk? Let’s stand up for Oscar Robertson because he did so much for our city and team but let’s ignore Augmon and give him no respect in keeping his nickname. I mean he only played for us for half a decade.

I guess it’s all in the eye of the beholder. The rules just keep changing from our own Milton Bradley. 

For me personally, I would not be excited about seeing another Hawk get the nickname "Plastic Man" because we had a Hawk use that exact same nickname and there a million different nicknames out there.  Come up with something original for our exciting young player.

If we were talking about a nickname that some Timberwolves player had who was on the same par as Augmon then I would have zero problem using that same nickname for a Hawk.  

But I would have a problem with any NBA player using the Big O or the Human Highlight Film or Magic, etc. because those are the very specific nicknames of NBA legends.  I would be pissed if Jalen Green started proclaiming himself the Human Highlight Film or calling himself Dr. J.

That is just my $.02.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

For me personally, I would not be excited about seeing another Hawk get the nickname "Plastic Man" because we had a Hawk use that exact same nickname and there a million different nicknames out there.  Come up with something original for our exciting young player.

If we were talking about a nickname that some Timberwolves player had who was on the same par as Augmon then I would have zero problem using that same nickname for a Hawk.  

But I would have a problem with any NBA player using the Big O or the Human Highlight Film or Magic, etc. because those are the very specific nicknames of NBA legends.  I would be pissed if Jalen Green started proclaiming himself the Human Highlight Film or calling himself Dr. J.

That is just my $.02.  

So hearing both "Luka Legend" and "Luka Magic" must really grind your gears lol

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
On 8/6/2021 at 10:01 PM, MarylandHawk said:

Ice Trae

JBap

Dre Day

CC

Bogi

Killa Cam

K’Von

Gallo

Lemon Pepper Lou

OO17

Lil Duece Coop

JJ (Dynomite)

Solo

The Right Stuff

Gorgi Porgi (lol)

I say they get 65 wins   

Book it!!

Ah there. Edited with Sharife’s new nick name. 

• Moderators
On 8/9/2021 at 6:51 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

So hearing both "Luka Legend" and "Luka Magic" must really grind your gears lol

Not a fan of either.  Basically a second-hand, imitation Larry Bird nickname that at least fits a bit better and a "Magic" nickname that doesn't fit at all (Luka is a much better scorer and Magic a much better playmaker and defender).  Luka should have a nickname at least on par with the much lesser Toni Kukoc (the Croatian Sensation).