• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Siakam or JC

FL_BRYANT

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Add in his also approximate $10 million more per year as well at  $33, $35 and $37 million, that's a No.

This is the biggest piece... if Siakam was on JCs contract I would probably take him but there are some downsides.  I think the main thing I like about Siakam are his handles and he's a better defender.  It would be nice to have a guy with some size to go to late in the shot clock instead of watching Trae put up 30 footers.  JC can only really take advantage of mismatches.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

This is the biggest piece... if Siakam was on JCs contract I would probably take him but there are some downsides.  I think the main thing I like about Siakam are his handles and he's a better defender.  It would be nice to have a guy with some size to go to late in the shot clock instead of watching Trae put up 30 footers.  JC can only really take advantage of mismatches.

This part and it's what we're going to be going back and forth about once making the playoffs becomes the norm.  If a consistent #2 doesn't emerge, then it's only a matter of time before this hypothetical we're having becomes an actual thing.  I'll even go so far as to say it applies to everyone.  It will basically be any combination of guys not named Trae and the Squawk party lines will be drawn.

...but let me not be that guy. lol I want this team to do it and, amazingly, trades are the furthest thing from my mind.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Wretch said:

This part and it's what we're going to be going back and forth about once making the playoffs becomes the norm.  If a consistent #2 doesn't emerge, then it's only a matter of time before this hypothetical we're having becomes an actual thing.  I'll even go so far as to say it applies to everyone.  It will basically be any combination of guys not named Trae and the Squawk party lines will be drawn.

...but let me not be that guy. lol I want this team to do it and, amazingly, trades are the furthest thing from my mind.

I've said many times - the Hawks need a CONSISTENT #2 behind Trae.  A guy teams have to game plan for. Hopefully one of these wings rise above the fray.

• Like 1

Collins>Siakam for me.

More versatility from JC, more body control, better outside shooter better receiver of the oop. 

Defensively, Pascal though, although JC was working on D like a maniac in the playoffs he raised his level.

JC is an 85, Pascal an 84 in my book. 

I’m actually surprised some of you said Pascal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Siakam and JC are the exact same height with and without shoes

6'8.25 barefoot, 6'9.5 in shoes

That being said, I think as an individual talent Siakam is better because of the shot creation.

But JC is the better fit on the roster with Trae. Siakam is a better scorer, JC is a better shooter especially in spot ups.

For what we run and what compliments Trae JC is it. If John was 2 inches taller and could anchor the post defensively this would be a no brainer.

• Thanks 1

JC over Siakim hands down for me.

Honestly I don't see what all the hype is about over Siakim besides media's push.

JC has also bested Bam in almost every head to head occasion but of course "Bam" has the star power.

I think people are going to stop underestimating JC starting this yr.

Edited by sillent
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, sillent said:

JC over Siakim hands down for me.

Honestly I don't see what all the hype is about over Siakim besides media's push.

JC has also bested Bam and almost every head to head occasion but of course "Bam" has the star power.

I think people are going to stop underestimating JC starting this yr.

I honestly think we take JC’s versatility for granted. How many other PF’s in the league can do all the things he can plus hit those perimeter shots. Maybe 1, Tatum. 

• Thanks 2