• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Listen, I've had some draft opinions that have gone comically awry.  Maybe 1 or 2 ... or 10, but I told dudes the bolded and I got roundly boo'd.

Knees and ligaments don't care if it's 300lbs of muscle or 300lbs of lard.  They're not built to withstand the pounding from the hardwood ( @Spud2nique stop giggling).

The way the PeliCan'ts have handled this in the media is tantamount to FO malpractice.  Clearly playing the word game to avoid the obvious, which is the guy's months away from even being able to play any level of basketball.  Much less NBA basketball.

And now we got the coach answering all the questions?  Where TF is David Griffin?  The guy who couldn't keep his fugly mug off the TV screen the last 2 years when the topic of Zion came up. Now that the goings getting tough, dude is M.I.A.  What a clown.

Shaq was well above 300. LeBron is around 275. I don't think there is hard fast rule regarding weight. It does help to be slimmer though. But I also don't think it's fair that when a bigger guy gets injured, we just assume weight was the reason. For a guy like Zion what puts stress on the body is the jumping, especially when you jump 3 feet in the air like he does, that's a long way to come down. His frame is naturally thick, the lowest weight he could realistically stay at is like 260, even that will be a struggle to maintain. 

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I wanna hear what happened between you and him. This is no ordinary hate. :laugh1: #saderemix 

🎵 THIS IS NOOOOO ORDINARYYYYYYY HAAAATEE I KEEP CRYIIIIIIIIINNNNN…. I KEEP TRYYYIIIINNN FOOOORR YOOOUUUU, THERE’S NOTHIN LIKE… UUUU AND IIIIII.. 🎵 

I think he's a phony.  Typical guy that was born on 3rd (by having prime-Lebron) but acts like he hit a triple.

• Like 1

• Moderators
18 hours ago, AHF said:

Someone like the Chuck Wagon is as good as it gets for basketball and in his prime he never looked like Zion does now.  

Just for the visual, this was the "round mound of rebound":

Charles-Barkley-300x432.jpeg

Charles-Barkley-Philadelphia-76ers.jpg?x

1200x0.jpg

This is Zion in 2021:

1578118982_maxresdefault.jpg

Pelicans

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Shaq was well above 300. LeBron is around 275. I don't think there is hard fast rule regarding weight. It does help to be slimmer though. But I also don't think it's fair that when a bigger guy gets injured, we just assume weight was the reason. For a guy like Zion what puts stress on the body is the jumping, especially when you jump 3 feet in the air like he does, that's a long way to come down. His frame is naturally thick, the lowest weight he could realistically stay at is like 260, even that will be a struggle to maintain. 

You literally said the same thing all of us are saying.

At that weight, coming down from "3 feet in the air" is a recipe for injury.

Not sure why you'd cite exceptions to make your point either.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You literally said the same thing all of us are saying.

At that weight, coming down from "3 feet in the air" is a recipe for injury.

Not sure why you'd cite exceptions to make your point either.  

Shaq and LeBron are exceptions? Pretty freaking notable exceptions then, as iconic all time players. Larger framed guys can have long careers. But he might have to augment his game a little, and of course watch his weight. 

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Shaq and LeBron are exceptions? Pretty freaking notable exceptions then, as iconic all time players. Larger framed guys can have long careers. But he might have to augment his game a little, and of course watch his weight. 

Yes, obviously.  List out guys over 275lbs that made it and you'll see that you named exceptions.  Has nothing to do with what caliber players they were.

At issue here is the notion that weighing that much isn't a hinderance - you seem to be suggesting it's no big deal.  I'm saying people that weigh that much typically aren't long for the league.  Shaq/Lebron are notable exceptions.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Can't believe no one is talking about his gait.  Dude walks like a duck, it cannot be a sign of good things.  He literally waddles back and forth, combined with the fact he's carrying too much weight and he has actual injuries to his foot that seem to not wanna go away... Shaq and Barkley and Lebron weren't missing this many games in their first 3 seasons... I hope Zion shapes up for his own sake but I would not go to Vegas with that

• Like 3

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Chuck did get a little chubby in the latter half of his career. The thing about Zion is he's young. If you're big when you're 20, how are going to be at 30?

Yea, and when Chuck was chubby he wasn't playing like when he was in his 20s. He was more of a mid-range spot up guy offensively, and used his big frame and fundamentals to score and box out down low. Zion's game is so predicated on his freakish quickness atm that he wouldn't be effective playing at fat Chuck's weight imo. 

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Can't believe no one is talking about his gait.  Dude walks like a duck, it cannot be a sign of good things.  He literally waddles back and forth, combined with the fact he's carrying too much weight and he has actual injuries to his foot that seem to not wanna go away... Shaq and Barkley and Lebron weren't missing this many games in their first 3 seasons... I hope Zion shapes up for his own sake but I would not go to Vegas with that

Yea, it's looking grim for Zion at the moment. If he can't control his weight now unlikely he'll be able to do it later  on, metabolism doesn't speed up as you age.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Larry Johnson was a freak athlete that was naturally strong

Get a room already with LJ! This is no ordinary love II. (The return of the cocoon)

28 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Zion has an injection in his foot.  Will be out 4-6 weeks.

:play_truck:

Is that kid playin with a tonka? :dance:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Get a room already with LJ! This is no ordinary love II. (The return of the cocoon)

Is that kid playin with a tonka? :dance:

a tonka truck could probably carry more weight than Zion's feet these days.

• Like 1