• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nate McMillan's new offense SUCKS!

ATLHawks3

• ATLHawks3 changed the title to Nate McMillan's new offense SUCKS!
  • Moderators

They'll figure it out.   I guarantee telling Hunter to launch contested jumpers from 1 foot inside the arc is not one of Nate's plays.   They are just confused right now.   

But it has exposed that no one other than Trae and JC (and looks like Cam) are that comfortable or good at scoring the ball outside of set plays.   

• Like 3

• Premium Member

We badly need someone that can get to the rim and pressure defenses in the paint.  Trae can't do it this year, refs aren't giving him anything, legit fouls or not.  Even if guys aren't finishing at the rim, we need Hunter/Bogi/Heurter/Cam to be able to drive and kick and get some action going.  We need a slasher soooo bad, it would help open up our whole offense, especially when we're not running trae PnRs 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

We badly need someone that can get to the rim and pressure defenses in the paint.  Trae can't do it this year, refs aren't giving him anything, legit fouls or not.  Even if guys aren't finishing at the rim, we need Hunter/Bogi/Heurter/Cam to be able to drive and kick and get some action going.  We need a slasher soooo bad, it would help open up our whole offense, especially when we're not running trae PnRs 

I think once more guys get acclimated, we'll see more guys getting to the rim.  Cam, Hunter, and Reddish have shown the ability to get there.  Along with Gallo, Lou, and Delon. 

They def need to hurry up and show it though.  This offense has been putrid lately. 

• Like 2

We see a multitude of problems right now, most of which will get better and better over time.  One of the greatest has been the refs.  "Do not give Trae any foul, no matter what."  Maybe not that bad, but close.  Some way, some how Hawks must improve their shooting %.  Most all are capable of better.  I hope they have been practicing this part of their game.

NBA has put a target on the back of the Hawks.  Why?  Because of our playoff success last season.  Teams we beat in the playoffs want revenge.  Teams that didn't make the playoffs are a little jealous of our record.  They want to go where we went last season.

Flustration has lead to tech. fouls.  Hawks have enough problems without this.  Trae needs to close his mouth before he gets suspended for too many tech. fouls.  It's useless to complain.  And, please don't attack another ref.  Cost is too high.  Note.  Has that ref. recovered so he can resume his career?

Tonight is the first game of the remainder of the season!

GO ATL HAWKS !!

:smug:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member

Most concerning for them right now is the offense. It looks a lot like the much-maligned Indiana Pacers offenses that Nate McMillan had in his previous stop. That’s not what you want to see with a team carrying this much offensive talent. Trae Young seems far more concerned with complaining about calls he’s not getting anymore than just going out there and playing. His talent is superior, so he doesn’t need to game the system. Young will find ways to gain separation on offense, and when that happens, it should be a floodgates situation for everybody else benefiting from that. His numbers are good and the Hawks’ numbers are fine, but utilizing the 3-point shot a lot more will be their best foot forward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Most concerning for them right now is the offense. It looks a lot like the much-maligned Indiana Pacers offenses that Nate McMillan had in his previous stop. That’s not what you want to see with a team carrying this much offensive talent. Trae Young seems far more concerned with complaining about calls he’s not getting anymore than just going out there and playing. His talent is superior, so he doesn’t need to game the system. Young will find ways to gain separation on offense, and when that happens, it should be a floodgates situation for everybody else benefiting from that. His numbers are good and the Hawks’ numbers are fine, but utilizing the 3-point shot a lot more will be their best foot forward.

where is this from?  i agree we look like those offensively awful pacers squads.  I also think we can figure it out though whereas those teams had half the talent 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

where is this from?  i agree we look like those offensively awful pacers squads.  I also think we can figure it out though whereas those teams had half the talent 

The Athletic article in the tweet.

• Thanks 1