• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nate McMillan's new offense SUCKS!

ATLHawks3

I always harp on the lack of corner threes, mostly from Trae, but the long 2s are no good either except for a select few true mid range shooters.  Derozan, KD, McCollum types.  We don’t have any of those.  Nate should clean it up somewhat but the makeup of the coaching staff doesn’t inspire me one bit.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I'll give McMillen a pass after listing to his post game interview.  It seem as though the team isn't listening to the coaching staff and are just jacking up ill-advised shots because they figure they haven't shot the ball in a while.  He keeps preaching move the ball but Hunter and Huerter as well as black hole Cam haven't gotten the memo.  Hopefully that changes tonight.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Our Spacing is doodoo...good grief. This video breaks it all down.......................(but dude a wife beater :er:).

We like each other too much. Tryin to hug n $hit during games all bunched up. :wacko:

Spread your wings (literally and positionally speaking) young Hawks!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Our Spacing is doodoo...good grief. This video breaks it all down.......................(but dude a wife beater :er:).

I get stuff like this, but I hate it.  Your attaching a general point about the teams offense with a second unit group that I guarantee hasn't played 15 on court minutes together.  It has 1 guy coming off injury this summer and 2 completely new guys.  Not that Nekias is wrong, but don't point to a High School performance of Grease to lecture me about the fall of American acting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
11 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Credit to Nate for turning this offense around. We went from a heavy iso/mid range offense to a more balanced pick and roll heavy offense. Also if we keep this up, Trae should be garnering some MVP buzz.

Talk soon.

The ball movement has been so much better!  Even Cam is starting to move the ball well.  Huerter has been much better also.  Even Bogie sees the floor better than he has in the past.  Time to work on that point of attack defense.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

The horrible truth is, if this Hawk team can't get their shots to fall, they are an easy prey.

But, just look mom!  We're great in the offensive game.  This means that our shots are falling.  Our defense, that we always knew could do better, is now much improved.  Dead ball while the clock runs out is seldom a problem and "hot potato" where everyone is afraid to shoot hardly ever happens.

Tonight, Hawks return home and play the 2nd of back-to-back games as we welcome NY.  Should be a battle royal as Trae is their favorite player to hate.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

🕵️‍♂️

• Like 1