• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The elephant in the room

NBASupes

6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I mentioned Cam's struggles on defense a few days ago - too much gambling, wrong reads, bad positioning,  just not playing sound disciplined defense.

His defense was much better last night.  He just needs to stop gambling and play solid man to man and team defense.  We've seen him do it in the past, not sure what's happening this year.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

bringing Huerter off the bench has been hit and miss.  Not blaming that on CAM.    

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Last night was a perfect illustration of Trae's scoring impact on a game.  He set the tone early and had a profound effect on the game. 

When the Bucks made the adjustment to take away his long ball, he attacked the basket and created for others.

I took your advice and let loose with him on 2K, it worked. He needs to set the tone by getting himself off first :indifferent:.. new age pg thing I guess, whatever works just WIN!

729B1ED6-58AB-4DE6-A85A-715BDB781086.jpeg

5A23328E-3949-468F-B867-596ED0DF2CE1.jpeg

E1316EF1-5E51-495A-9B36-5EF57D238CE1.jpeg

13CD5E14-6B6B-4E05-9D90-67587505E8C1.jpeg

2B391593-DB92-449F-8B2D-CC25A6306981.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Zion has played 85/178 games, good for 48%.

I wanted Zion more than any prospect since 2007 KD. 

It was a tease to think about Trae + Zion. Specially when he went around and kissed the Hawks logo on draft lottery night.

In retrospect, we lucked out and JC was always the one.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Zion has played 85/178 games, good for 48%.

I wanted Zion more than any prospect since 2007 KD. 

It was a tease to think about Trae + Zion. Specially when he went around and kissed the Hawks logo on draft lottery night.

In retrospect, we lucked out and JC was always the one.

I'm rooting for the guy to figure it out.  And by 'it' I mean not eating donuts for 2nd breakfast.  That's the meal he eats after pancakes, sausage, and beignets every morning.

Eddie Johnson said it best yesterday.  Body-wise, the guy's a football player that happens to be really good at basketball.  But that body type isn't built for the pounding (hehe).

• Like 4

Just now, macdaddy said:

Barkley did it, Jokic did it, big baby did it briefly.   Zion should be able to get in playing shape (round isn't a playing shape).   He only needs to do it for a few years

Oliver Miller did it. (Barely).. Stanley Roberrrr… barely. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ohhhhh pish posh! We’re you over at Mace’s? 

Ma$e is dead?

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Barkley did it, Jokic did it, big baby did it briefly.   Zion should be able to get in playing shape (round isn't a playing shape).   He only needs to do it for a few years

Barkley did it at the behest of a hall of famer he refers to as "Dad" (Moses Malone).  That's how much respect he had for Malone.

Jokic's brothers are MMA fighters who look out for him.  Tremendous respect there, for sure.

All indications are that the people Zion respects are the ones that put him in the position he's in.  Notice how in shape he was at Duke while under their thumb/watch?  And as soon as he was on his own, balloon city baybee.

Does not bode well, my guy.  If I'm the PeliCan'ts I'm trading him quickfast.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Ma$e is dead?

Barkley did it at the behest of a hall of famer he refers to as "Dad" (Moses Malone).  That's how much respect he had for Malone.

Jokic's brothers are MMA fighters who look out for him.  Tremendous respect there, for sure.

All indications are that the people Zion respects are the ones that put him in the position he's in.  Notice how in shape he was at Duke while under their thumb/watch?  And as soon as he was on his own, balloon city baybee.

Does not bode well, my guy.  If I'm the PeliCan'ts I'm trading him quickfast.

I feel like this is one of those lose-lose situations for the Pels.  Trading Zion might be the kick in the ass he needs to get into shape and turn it around.  Living and playing in New Orleans has to be depressing

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I feel like this is one of those lose-lose situations for the Pels.  Trading Zion might be the kick in the ass he needs to get into shape and turn it around.  Living and playing in New Orleans has to be depressing

Gotta ask themselves which is more risky.  Waiting on him to figure it out on his own and, if he doesn't, you're screwed.  Or waiting to see if he figures it out elsewhere but have enough assets via trade to put yourself in a decent enough position to move on.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I'm rooting for the guy to figure it out.  And by 'it' I mean not eating donuts for 2nd breakfast.  That's the meal he eats after pancakes, sausage, and beignets every morning.

Eddie Johnson said it best yesterday.  Body-wise, the guy's a football player that happens to be really good at basketball.  But that body type isn't built for the pounding (hehe).

Agree 100%. He's a freak athlete that would do very well in the NFL. At 6'6"ish, he needs some mass to bully other big men in the post, but 300 plus pounds combined with his explosiveness is a recipe for lower extremity injuries in the NBA with all of the constant jumping and change of direction. His athleticism would be off the charts if he could keep his weight around 250lbs and he'd still have the mass to bully guys in the post. I'm rooting for him. I want to see him get his weight issues resolved before he comes to the Hawks as a free agent. 😉

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Agree 100%. He's a freak athlete that would do very well in the NFL. At 6'6"ish, he needs some mass to bully other big men in the post, but 300 plus pounds combined with his explosiveness is a recipe for lower extremity injuries in the NBA with all of the constant jumping and change of direction. His athleticism would be off the charts if he could keep his weight around 250lbs and he'd still have the mass to bully guys in the post. I'm rooting for him. I want to see him get his weight issues resolved before he comes to the Hawks as a free agent😉

Something tells me, if that happens, it'll be a Jabari Parker situation all over again.

• Haha 3