• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would KAT fit with the Hawks?

Spud2nique

Would KAT fit with the Hawks  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Would KAT fit with the Hawks

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/10/2022 at 08:03 AM

On 1/6/2022 at 7:07 PM, Spud2nique said:

Wondering how many are on the side of selling a bit of the farm, well a lot of it in this case to land KAT. Just wondering which side of the fence everyone is on.

Thoughts? 

ps Selling the farm=Cam or Hunter and JC and possibly a first or somewhere around that cost.

We don't need to be any better offensively.  We are already 1 or 2 in that category, but towards the bottom of the league in most defensive categories.  Therefore I don't think KAT helps us win.

I think we need to be looking at the best defensive options at the SG and PF spots if we truly want to build around Trae.  We need another legit 2-way player somehow, someway.  For me, most of the roster outside of Trae would be available to make this happen.  I think we should probably give Hunter another year to see if he can come back better, because right now his value has dropped.

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Yeah I was telling @kg01 he would be good and it wasn't just UGA homerism.  I'm not even a fan of UGA or any college team in general. 

But we all get some wrong from time to time 🤭

Yeah, if I remember correctly, we all were on the same page on this one.

Is that how you remember it?  Something to jog your memory..

Spoiler

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47qr0q8nrouheu10r3gy

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

His hips jiggle. I saw it last night. I can’t unsee it. :eyebrow:

Did it move, Costanza?

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 4

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

He shot 5-23 and if it wasn't for Huerter going off for a career game Hawks get smoked. Point is if we judge a player based off of one game, regardless of the magnitutde of that one game, it isn't going to be necessarily fair or prove anything. 

and my point was that he played well at the end of that game which erased some of the memory of how he played for teh other 42 minutes of that game.

No offense but I’m not as high on KAT until I see him ball out in the playoffs.

Say what you want about Trae. YES he had shooting woes tonight but that dude literally controlled the offense despite shooting poorly! VERY few players can dictate an offense for a whole game despite not shooting well and even then he eventually made some key shots in the 2nd half.

KAT seems like the physical play frustrates him to easily. So I’m going to be watching him closely because JJJ is going to be all over that ass in the 1st round!…and no I’m not a KAT hater I’m just stating what I’m seeing from KAT so far. I hope he proves me wrong but Antman carried his ass yesterday.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, JTB said:

No offense but I’m not as high on KAT until I see him ball out in the playoffs.

Say what you want about Trae. YES he had shooting woes tonight but that dude literally controlled the offense despite shooting poorly! VERY few players can dictate an offense for a whole game despite not shooting well and even then he eventually made some key shots in the 2nd half.

KAT seems like the physical play frustrates him to easily. So I’m going to be watching him closely because JJJ is going to be all over that ass in the 1st round!…and no I’m not a KAT hater I’m just stating what I’m seeing from KAT so far. I hope he proves me wrong but Antman carried his ass yesterday.

KAT wouldn't have to be "the guy" playing with Trae. He would get a bunch of open threes and rolls to the rim. He'd be a great compliment. Better than anyone on the team atm. Of course this stuff is all absolutely and completely moot. Minny isn't moving KAT unless we offer Trae Young back. 

6 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

KAT wouldn't have to be "the guy" playing with Trae. He would get a bunch of open threes and rolls to the rim. He'd be a great compliment. Better than anyone on the team atm. Of course this stuff is all absolutely and completely moot. Minny isn't moving KAT unless we offer Trae Young back. 

Yup I hear you. I’m not saying Trae wouldn’t make him better and get him more open shots…my concern is how KAT reacts to physical play. He doesn’t seem to take it well in my opinion but maybe I’m wrong. We will definitely know against that young physical Grizz team.

57 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Towns has played too many playoff games spectacularly bad for folks to be giving him the benefit of the doubt.  There's something wrong with him, full stop.

He's not just having off nights.  He's melting down out there.

Ya know I can’t even dispute this. Even if he were to become available in a trade where we keep Trae I just don’t believe I’d do it if I were schlenk opposed to a few months ago when I was all for it and I put that on myself for not looking deeper at his poor playoff performances.. he need yo prove he can show up when it really matters 

butler may be right about towns being soft.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, kg01 said:

Towns has played too many playoff games spectacularly bad for folks to be giving him the benefit of the doubt.  There's something wrong with him, full stop.

He's not just having off nights.  He's melting down out there.

6 games is still a SSS.  You are talking 5 games from his age 22 season and 1 game from his age 26 season.  

Every game gives you a more meaningful data set but I'm not making a conclusion based on 5 games from 4 years ago and 1 game from this season.  Agree that he hasn't performed well (as a scorer) in these opportunities but this week's game is the worst of the bunch when you compare his season average performance against his playoff performance.  (4 years ago he averaged 21 ppg so dropping to 15.2 ppg against Houston is a smaller drop than his drop from 24.6 ppg this season to the 11 point performance in the single game against the Clippers).

I'd say he is definitely on the watch list to see how he does in this year's playoff series but I'm not making any "full stop" conclusions.

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

6 games is still a SSS.  You are talking 5 games from his age 22 season and 1 game from his age 26 season.  

Every game gives you a more meaningful data set but I'm not making a conclusion based on 5 games from 4 years ago and 1 game from this season.  Agree that he hasn't performed well (as a scorer) in these opportunities but this week's game is the worst of the bunch when you compare his season average performance against his playoff performance.  (4 years ago he averaged 21 ppg so dropping to 15.2 ppg against Houston is a smaller drop than his drop from 24.6 ppg this season to the 11 point performance in the single game against the Clippers).

I'd say he is definitely on the watch list to see how he does in this year's playoff series but I'm not making any "full stop" conclusions.

You basically agree with me .. full stop.

I'm saying you can't make any concrete conclusions just yet but, so far, there's nothing good about his playoff performances.

When you factor in the fact that he's supposed to be their best player, it looks even worse .... full stop (no, you used that one already) ... no cap. (good save)

• Moderators
Just now, kg01 said:

You basically agree with me .. full stop.

I'm saying you can't make any concrete conclusions just yet but, so far, there's nothing good about his playoff performances.

When you factor in the fact that he's supposed to be their best player, it looks even worse .... full stop (no, you used that one already) ... no cap. (good save)

His 5 game 2018 series showed an improvement in rebounding, for example, where he went up to 13.4 per game but I'm not drawing conclusions from that.  And in 2018 it was debatable whether he or Jimmy Butler was the lead dog.  SSS

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

His 5 game 2018 series showed an improvement in rebounding, for example, where he went up to 13.4 per game but I'm not drawing conclusions from that.  And in 2018 it was debatable whether he or Jimmy Butler was the lead dog.  SSS

Sorry but there seems to be an obvious, intangible issue with him in the playoffs.  You can cite stats and numbers if you like, but that's not what I'm talking about.

I think you're reaching though.  You know I'm right, and that you agree with me, but you don't wanna give me the win.  It's ok, AH.  Just take a breath, close your eyes and say it with me ... "I agree with you, kg". 😎