• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

11 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Cam never came across like a pro.  Just a weird dude who doesn't have the mentality to be a net positive player.  Way worse than Josh Smith, and we talk about him like he's a bonehead.  At least Josh is top 5 in almost every stat for all time numbers of our franchise: points, blocks, steals, rebounds, etc. 

Never understood why Cam got so much love.    

Hype beast nba culture is the answer to your last statement.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Same.  I love supporting this team and am plenty happy to change how I feel about some situations or at least take a positive outlook, but if we traded for Westbrook I would legit stop watching the Hawks and try to watch soccer or something lol

I almost handed it my membership when we traded Jason Terry for Antoine Walker. This would be like that but worse. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Ill take a guess, Cam didn't like playing with Trae. I highly doubt he had any beef with Kev, Dre or JC.

Per @thecampster

The Reddish camp was adamant at exploring his trade value and Reddish was calling for opportunities to showcase his abilities (to perhaps increase his value). This led to some sloppy inefficient play and rubbed some teammates the wrong way (behind closed doors talk).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

True but wasn’t “being patient” on Cam possibly holding Trae and us back as an organization? You can’t see the forest 🌳 for the trees :mellow:🌲 

I see the big picture and I see the future outset. What good is seeing the forest from the trees when the bulldozer is coming 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Even Better...

Gallo, Bogi, Knox to LAL

Westbrook/2 1st (ATL) to Philly

Simmons to Atlanta. 

Here's the remix of the remix...

Knox to Houston

Gallo Bogi Augustin to LAL

Westbrook/ 1st (Atl) to Philly

Simmons to ATL. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We had a chance to draft Luka Doncic and we f***ed it up is what's getting me the most right now.

Luka is having a terrible season though. Shooting 43 from the field 31 from three an abysmal 52% TS% averaging around 5 TOs per 36 mins, also doesn't play defense. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

I almost handed it my membership when we traded Jason Terry for Antoine Walker. This would be like that but worse. 

I remember being like Hawks being the Hawks again. I think that era is back again. Some franchises are in the NBA to be Farm systems. Like the Kansas City Royals but even they occasionally win a title. 

5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Same.  I love supporting this team and am plenty happy to change how I feel about some situations or at least take a positive outlook, but if we traded for Westbrook I would legit stop watching the Hawks and try to watch soccer or something lol

Westbrook might be the most toxic asset in the NBA, along with John Wall.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Luka is having a terrible season though. Shooting 43 from the field 31 from three an abysmal 52% TS% averaging around 5 TOs per 36 mins, also doesn't play defense. 

Luka is still Luka. Even when struggling, he's easier to build around because he's 6'7 235 pounds and play Point forward meaning you only need one wing and its suffice. 

You dont need PDS wings who can defend. Two way bigs and none of that shit you gotta get right when it comes to Trae.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I hope this trade works out and Cam doesn't end up being a good player. But not feeling good about this, and no amount of rationalizing will help. Outside of this being the first domino in a series of moves that ends up in us getting a clear upgrade over Cam, this move will leave a bad taste in my mouth. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Lakers made this deal thinking it will get them over because Kuz doesn't fit Bron ball and now look at their asses. Bron is at the 5 and Russ is stinking it up viciously. Kuz showing all star production of late. 

I can’t help but think Schlenk saw this then pulled the trigger :laugh1:

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I don't even care about that anymore.  I dont see him winning big either so .... whatevs ....

It's a lot easier with that guy. He might not win shit either but easier for sure.

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member

I'm running with this narrative:

Here's the remix of the remix...

Knox to Houston

Gallo Bogi Augustin to LAL

Westbrook/ 1st (Atl) to Philly

Simmons to ATL. 

Because it makes the most sense in these dark times.    Let me explain.  This is all Klutch Sports doing so that they can get Lebron a ring.  Remember Lebron snooping around Atlanta's squad just last week.   He needed some shooters to go with Monk.  AND they hate Westbrook in LAL.   

Paul told Travis, "I can get Morey to give you Simmons, but you have to pay your taxes to the King."

Los Angeles wins by subtraction.   LAL also likes an Old Guy so they get Augustin. 

Philly gets their Allstar quality player for Ben Simmons and a first. 

We get Ben Simmons. 

That must be what we're doing.  My inside voice told me that this is the deal.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Luka is still Luka. Even when struggling, he's easier to build around because he's 6'7 235 pounds and play Point forward meaning you only need one wing and its suffice. 

You dont need PDS wings who can defend. Two way bigs and none of that shit you gotta get right when it comes to Trae.

That's a valid point, but notwithstanding it's not like Dallas is lighting the world on fire atm. Have they won a playoff series since trading for Doncic? I think it's still completely up in the air who will be the better player and centerpiece.