• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Annnnnnnnd dowwwwnnn the stretch they commmmmmme

sturt

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

It feels like maybe, just maybe we finally turned a corner but who knows.

It looked like that during our previous seven game streak but then we started playing mediocre ball again. Overall though the Hawks are 23-12 since we got everyone back from Covid, which is pretty great. Bogi's and Trae's numbers post All Star game are bananas.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, sturt said:

Going to start referring to the 6 weeks (Dec thru mid-Jan) of convoluted, sickness/injury-ravaged ATL rotations as our Great Recession of 2022, because that indeed is what it was.

When you look at the rest of the season, even including this post-ASG stretch mainly w/o Collins, these guys... the real roster apart from the piecemeal rosters of the Great Recession... have played .607 ball.

Allow me to repeat.

What does that mean? This morning, that would have us at 47 wins, even with BOS, and making a serious assault in the final days of the season on MIA @ 49 wins, and MIL @ 48 wins.

And you know what's even better? I repeat... "making a serious assault in the final days of the season... mainly w/o Collins."

We're not even full-strength.

The problem is we are always juggling injury issues. I hope this young core can straighten that out. 

Edited by swanlee
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, swanlee said:

we are always juggling injury issues

Don't miss that there's a distinction, though.

For the most part, someone has been injured for most of those games in which they built that .607 W/L%.

That's one kind of "juggling injury issues."

During the Great Recession, we juggled injury issues to the degree that it permeated our starting line-up, not just the rotation... constantly featuring players who ranged from 3rd string NBA below-replacement level to run-of-the-mill G-League. No exaggeration.

2022-04-01_20-55-45.png

• Premium Member

Not that this will shock anyone, but unless I'm missing something and unless someone else already came to the conclusion...

We canNOT get to #6 at this point. Even if either or both CHI and TOR finish with 37 losses, and we were to win out, we're on the short end of the tiebreakers.

Oh well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, sturt said:

Not that this will shock anyone, but unless I'm missing something and unless someone else already came to the conclusion...

We canNOT get to #6 at this point. Even if either or both CHI and TOR finish with 37 losses, and we were to win out, we're on the short end of the tiebreakers.

Oh well.

3..2..1.. here comes kitty 🐱 with the math…. :indifferent:

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, sturt said:

Oh well.

That game we blew against Chicago ugh

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Considering I ripped him to shreds in the Detroit game it's worth shouting out Nate. He's done a hell of a job during this streak, for the most part making the correct rotations and calls. 

Nah, I need to see more. I'm still giving him the side eye for right now. 😒

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Nah, I need to see more. I'm still giving him the side eye for right now. 😒

As has been noted above if we simply remove the stretch we played with bums off the street we are a top five team this season and within striking distance of the #1 seed. People say "every team dealt with Covid". No. Every team that had covid had games pushed back, we had to play with an entire team of 15 day contracts for two weeks, on top of all of our other plethora of injuries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, h4wkfan said:

Philly needs to step things up … they need to beat Cleveland tonight. 

They tried to fold at the end, but they held on.

Hawks are now 1/2 game back of the Cavs.

A true litmus test for the Hawks comes on Tuesday, when we travel to Toronto.  

Siakam has really started to play well lately.

Last 16 games:   25 ppg - 8 rebs - 5 asst - 52% FG - 42% 3FG ( low volume 1.4 threes per game )

• Like 4

On 4/1/2022 at 9:33 AM, Atlantaholic said:

It looked like that during our previous seven game streak but then we started playing mediocre ball again. Overall though the Hawks are 23-12 since we got everyone back from Covid, which is pretty great. Bogi's and Trae's numbers post All Star game are bananas.

Best records in the NBA since Jan 16th.  ( Jan 17th was the start of the 7 game win streak ) . . and not counting today's games

1762326884_bestrecord.PNG.4d248be930ec38a98b3ce930891c16c0.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2