3. PHI 47-35

3. CHI 47-35

5. MIL 46-36

6. CLE 45-37

6. ATL 45-37

8. BOS 44-38

8. BRK 44-38

10. CHO 40-42

You’re counting on a lot of teams that are playing great basketball to not just cool off/slow down, but finish with a losing record in the 2nd half.

And for us, with a tough stretch out of the break to finish 17-7, which would our best stretch of basketball all season.

Its so crazy it just might work lol

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, sturt said:

What is.

2022-02-23_19-58-20.png

What will be.

1. MIA 52-30

2. TOR 48-34

3. PHI 47-35

3. CHI 47-35

5. MIL 46-36

6. CLE 45-37

6. ATL 45-37

8. BOS 44-38

8. BRK 44-38

10. CHO 40-42

I believe that BKL will continue to fall because they have 8 home games out of the last 25.  That's a lot of games that Kyrie won't play... and Ben Simmons won't be back immediately.   I say for certain they will be in the play-in game. 

Boston on the other hand.. They are streaking and have gotten better. 

We may get a bounce from having the easiest schedule and being healthy.  Once we get healthy... so what you have is not so far out of the realm of possibility.. However, I don't think Milwaukee will stay at 5. If they don't win the east, they will be second. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

You’re counting on a lot of teams that are playing great basketball to not just cool off/slow down, but finish with a losing record in the 2nd half.

And for us, with a tough stretch out of the break to finish 17-7, which would our best stretch of basketball all season.

Here's how it breaks down.

2022-02-23_21-47-10.png

And by the way, these aren't just made up... I did go through each team's remaining schedule and made a legit guess at each game.

Truth is, they play each other a lot. And obviously, I'm envisioning some teams coming back to earth.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

I believe that BKL will continue to fall because they have 8 home games out of the last 25.  That's a lot of games that Kyrie won't play... and Ben Simmons won't be back immediately.   I say for certain they will be in the play-in game. 

They basically said Ben would be back for the game against the 76ers (go figure) They have 7 games before that, all against East playoff teams. So the Philly game would make 8. Kyrie wont be able to play in 4 of those games (3 home, 1 Canada). 

The way they have been struggling lately I agree that they likely continue to fall.

Problem is, our schedule is tough too and we have no room for error. We are the underdog in our next 4 games. We cannot afford to lose all 4. We can barely afford to go 2-2 against them.

We will have to play above our heads and do it without JC for at least another week.

Its a huge order for us. We could be out of the play-in this time next week. Not dead yet, but behind the 8 ball for sure.

My hope is to finish top 8. That way if we are in the play in we get 2 chances to win 1 game, and not the win 2 or go home scenario of the 9 and 10 seed.

Top 6 does not look likely anymore. Too much has to happen in our favor and this season is not in our favor to date.

Good news is, we are as likely as any to upset a higher seed. We just need to get in the dance

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Ben will be back (ish) by the end of next week.  New York is changing their rules and he will be allowed to play (Kyrie). Brooklyn is MF'ing scary and anyone who doesn't see that post trade isn't paying attention.  Brooklyn gave up Harden and got back all 3 things they needed....play making, a true center and a replacement for Harris' shooting.  Their issues were many tiered and the Harden trade fixed them all (chemistry, shooting, size).  They are my current pick to win it all now. The defensive lengths of Simmons, KD, Drummond on the floor together hasn't been seen since the twin towers of Houston and they can now play a true inside out game offensively.  Philly just amputated their chances at a ring. What Curry allowed the rest of the team to do made everyone better. Philly isn't "bad" after the trade but Brooklyn is oh so much better.

People are too busy deriding Simmons to realize a mega-monster just got created in BKN, especially now that the restrictions are gonna be lifted.

I got a boatload o' shade waiting to unleash on the 6ers once they get unceremoniously eliminated (again).  That guy (Morey) would've done any and everything just to get Harden.  Doesn't care about the fallout.  Doesn't care that his team is worse.  It's perplexing.

And my body is so ready for the moment when Harden realizes he can't play with JoeLLLL (because he deserves the ball, not just as a guy to catch it after Harden dribbles 23 seconds off the clock).

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, kg01 said:

People are too busy deriding Simmons to realize a mega-monster just got created in BKN, especially now that the restrictions are gonna be lifted.

I got a boatload o' shade waiting to unleash on the 6ers once they get unceremoniously eliminated (again).  That guy (Morey) would've done any and everything just to get Harden.  Doesn't care about the fallout.  Doesn't care that his team is worse.  It's perplexing.

And my body is so ready for the moment when Harden realizes he can't play with JoeLLLL (because he deserves the ball, not just as a guy to catch it after Harden dribbles 23 seconds off the clock).

Durant, Irving, Curry, Mills, and Harris are all snipers.  There is so much less pressure for Ben to have to shoot outside the arc so he can just focus on what he's good at.  They are stacked with shooters, and just stacked in general.

Oh, and an edit to this post just to say.....Morey sucks.

Edited by AUhawksfan
  • Like 3

I got us finishing with 46 wins.

Bucks are still better than the Nets and Sixers.

I’d take the Bucks in a 7 game series over the Nets. The Bucks mainly grew it themselves, main 2/3 guys anyways and brought Holiday. 3 years ago the Nets didn’t have any of these guys besides Joe Harris. 

Nah, chemistry counts. Nets aren’t winning it.

The rest of the season begins tonight in Chicago.  What will happen?

Bulls & Hawks score 200 points:  Bulls 198/Hawks 2.  Capela hits 1 free throw in each half.

Bulls win 1-0 as all the Hawks, including all the coaches, are thrown out of the game before tipoff.

Do we have a chance?  What will the refs call?  Can we possibly avoid a sleepwalk?  Will our shots fall?

Is everyone except Collins 100% healthy?

We need this one....

:smug:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

The rest of the season begins tonight in Chicago.  What will happen?

Bulls & Hawks score 200 points:  Bulls 198/Hawks 2.  Capela hits 1 free throw in each half.

Bulls win 1-0 as all the Hawks, including all the coaches, are thrown out of the game before tipoff.

Do we have a chance?  What will the refs call?  Can we possibly avoid a sleepwalk?  Will our shots fall?

Is everyone except Collins 100% healthy?

We need this one....

:smug:

1. Good things will happen

2. Yes we have a chance

3. The refs are inconsistent and bad

4. We better avoid sleepwalking, this is it.

5. Our shots should fall if we pass and move, work the good shot for a great shot; cliche 101.

6. I’m guessing Hunter and Bogi a bit banged up but what’s new, at this time everyone is hurting in the NBA to some degree.

We definitely need this one and I think we go in focused and show up like last year’s team and the previous 2 games before the break.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, shakes said:

this thread has so much fantasy

It is indeed just for fun, since this whole thing is just for entertainment anyhow.

But you are among those who seem to get a special dose of dopamine merely from reading yourself be cynical.

Cynicism is easy. Sometimes it's even the most rational attitude to take.

But then, "what is rational" depends on the factoids and the integrity of the lines of reason set into the working theory that supports a given conclusion... and so, yeah... I could get it all wrong... but the substance supporting the conclusion is, on Thu 2/24/22, solid. Many of my posts have routinely centered on that substance for better than a month.

This thread, then... again... is just answering the question, "Let's assume the 21-game swoon really was an aberration, and that, once healthy and playing together again for an extended time, with their backs against the wall again in 2022 as they were the previous season and postseason... what might the end product look like?"

This is what that could look like.

44 minutes ago, swanlee said:

I think we end up missing out on the playoffs. We have been so up and down this year I doubt we don't have more pains in the last part of the season.

Miss the playoffs altogether?  Eeep.  You know how terrible we'd have to be to completely miss the playoffs at this point?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sturt said:

What is.

2022-02-23_19-58-20.png

What will be.

1. MIA 52-30

2. TOR 48-34

3. PHI 47-35

3. CHI 47-35

5. MIL 46-36

6. CLE 45-37

6. ATL 45-37

8. BOS 44-38

8. BRK 44-38

10. CHO 40-42

2022-02-23_19-58-20.png

Your predictions:

• 1. MIA 52-30 . . . 14 - 9 in next 23 games
  • 2. TOR 48-34 . . . 16 - 9 in next 25 games
  • 3. PHI  47-35 . . . 12 - 12 in next 24 games
  • 3. CHI  47-35 . . . 9 - 14 in next 23 games
  • 5. MIL  46-36 . . . 10 - 12 in next 22 games
  • 6. CLE  45-37 . . . 10 - 13 in next 23 games
  • 6. ATL  45-37 . . . 17 - 7 in next 24 games
  • 8. BOS 44-38 . . . 10 - 12 in next 22 games
  • 8. BRK 44-38 . . . 13 - 10 in next 23 games
  • 10. CHO 40-42 .  11 - 11 in next 22 games

Hawks remaining schedule at a glance:

• Home games:  11
  • Away games:  13
  • Games vs current playoff teams in both conferences ( 1 - 8 ) : 12

Hawks go 17 - 7 over the next 24 games?

Bleacher Report

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Damn . . . should've just read your post before I posted mine.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, sturt said:

Here's how it breaks down.

2022-02-23_21-47-10.png

And by the way, these aren't just made up... I did go through each team's remaining schedule and made a legit guess at each game.

Truth is, they play each other a lot. And obviously, I'm envisioning some teams coming back to earth.

LOL . . I need to read the entire thread next time.  Could've saved me 10 minutes looking all of this up.

• Haha 3

Honestly, I think 6th is out of reach. Can we get to 7th?

7th would at least give us a home game vs the 8th team, in the play-in game.   Win that game, and we're in.

Lost that game, and we get ANOTHER home game vs the 9 - 10 winner.

Here's the problem with getting to 7th.

• Boston has WON 11 of their last 13 games
  • Toronto has WON 8 of their last 9 games
  • Brooklyn has LOST 12 of their last 14, but they just got Simmons and Durant will be coming back soon
  • Charlotte has LOST 9 of their last 10

Honestly, I don't expect Boston and Toronto to stay that hot, but it would almost take an injury to a major piece of their team, in order for them to play less than .500 ball.

Going at least 3 - 1 in our next 4 games, is almost mandatory for us to be able to get to 7th.

• Like 1