• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Annnnnnnnd dowwwwnnn the stretch they commmmmmme

sturt

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Kyrie is back playing at home from Sunday.

Yeah.. but it doesn't change the fact that they suck defensively..

Did you see them lose to Memphis last night?  Memphis with no Ja.. brutalized Brooklyn...  Their perimeter defense is worse than ours.   In a one game loser goes home battle... Trae will be going for 60... we double KD.... and keep a hand on Kyrie. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm generally as optimistic as anyone but this season if we make it past the play in i'll be very surprised.   I think there is zero chance we get out of the first round.  

If we face BKN in the play in then we're toast.  

Big optimist here, but like I said the roller coaster ride this season making me

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, skimaskway23 said:

If we can get the 8 seed I like our chances vs the heat. Philly or mil idk if we have a chance

I have a quick question for you and don't take this the wrong way, but HOW THE F ARE WE GONNA GET THE 8 SEED?

Have you seen these miserable fux play basketball this season?   

• Premium Member

I think Boston is jockeying for Position...

Today they held out both Brown and Tatum for "right knee tendinopathy"

If it would have been one of them.. OK.. But Both??  Who are they jockeying to play?? hmm... everything is so tight?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think Boston is jockeying for Position...

Today they held out both Brown and Tatum for "right knee tendinopathy"

If it would have been one of them.. OK.. But Both??  Who are they jockeying to play?? hmm... everything is so tight?

They want the Bulls in the 4/5 then the winner of 1/8, they’d rather that route than  going through the Bucks or Sixers. 

It won’t matter though, Horford isn’t Robert Williams. They gonna be soft in the middle now.

• Premium Member
On 3/20/2022 at 6:11 AM, sturt said:

Anything/everything this roster achieves at this point is gravy where I'm concerned, now that it's pretty clear that JC won't be back. It's a lost season. Would love to see them beat expectations of course. But I'm now officially joining the choir singing to McM to start getting Jalen minutes. 

(Wish there were some way to hold on to Gallo... he's not done just yet... but that just doesn't seem plausible.)

• Premium Member

As we sit here on 3/29... and at the risk that someone else has already posted similar (... have I mentioned I hate this new thing where we bury 241 topics under 3 threads for a month?)....

TOR seems a lock to take #5, given the schedule they have remaining.

CHI seems a lock to take #6, except this team has been limping ever since the break, and finishes the season against 6 who will go to the post-season... yes, they won tonight, but it's still not out of the question just yet given their trajectory that they could end up with 37 or even 38 losses, and in a play-in slot.

CLE? See CHI above... essentially the same story.

BRK has 36 losses. CHO and ATL 37 each.

Of course, we have a game remaining against BRK, but if we would win that, and eventually end up tied, BRK owns the tiebreaker b/t us...

Whereas, if we end up tied with CHO, we currently own the better division record (6 losses to their 7), which gives us the nod...

And if it ended up a 3-way tie among ATL, BRK and CHO, even if we defeat BRK, we're 3rd in the pecking order, and b/c CHO has went 4-2 against the two others, they would get the nod over BRK.

Does it matter?

Sure it does.

Yogi Berra said so.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, sturt said:

CLE? See CHI above... essentially the same story.

I see Cleveland falling out of the big race.  i honestly see us getting #7 before it's all said and done.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It's very tempting

I take nothing for granted this season. Nothing. Good or bad. Think you're wise to stay away from your temptations... tho... as would @bleachkit be as well. It's not just an upside down season. It's an upside down stretch from month to month to month. Good time for growing some intellectual humility if you need some of that.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, sturt said:

I take nothing for granted this season. Nothing. Good or bad. Think you're wise to stay away from your temptations... tho... as would @bleachkit be as well. It's not just an upside down season. It's an upside down stretch from month to month to month. Good time for growing some intellectual humility if you need some of that.

This team is waaaay too unpredictable to wager anything. These guys can lose to OKC and then go on a three game winning streak against the Cavs, Nets at full strength, and  Toronto and then get ran off the court by the Wizards and I wouldn't even be surprised.