• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I think that Hunter is injured.

Wurider05

• Premium Member
On 3/2/2022 at 7:10 AM, Wurider05 said:

He doesn't have that spring in his step anymore and looks stiff overall out there. He doesn't drive like he used to and is moving like an old man. I don't think that it is lost on him that he is getting the rep as an oft injured player and that can cause him some money in contract negotiations. 

If anything, he is showing more spring lately than he has in his entire professional career. He hasn’t had spring and has been stiff up until now. Just before he injured his wrist he was showing some spring but he injured that and started being timid again. He has to start leaving it all out on the floor or he might not get that second contract he wants. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Between Hunter(knee) and Cam(injuries/disgruntled), "Wing Stop" never really panned out. I had such high hopes that they were going to be the 2-way starting wings of the future. I don't blame Schlenk because I felt they were both solid picks. I still think Hunter is legit IF he can stay healthy. Regardless, the Hawks need to go wing shopping again this offseason.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

I just realized that he didn’t play in the Pacers game. Smh. 

Why did you think that JJ got playing time?  So many Hawk players were out, that's why.

:hi:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
On 3/30/2022 at 8:51 AM, Gray Mule said:

Why did you think that JJ got playing time?  So many Hawk players were out, that's why.

:hi:

Yeah didn't even notice. I knew john and gallo were out so I just assumed Jalen started in their stead. Didn't even think about dre until I saw a replay and he was in street clothes.  It had to something like that to get Nate to put in a rookie. Lol. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/2/2022 at 6:13 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

De'Andre Hunter since March 3rd

• 16 ppg
  • 3 rpg
  • 49.7% FG
  • 38.6% 3FG
  • 80.8% FT

The shooting and scoring is back to pre-Oubre levels, so that's not the issue.  Offensively, I think he's fine now.

The big elephant in the room with De'Andre, is that he doesn't make hustle plays and work hard enough to get rebounds.  He's not an energy player.  He's a coaster. 

With the Hawks being undersized at almost every position, we need guys who can step right in and get rebounds and provide defensive energy plays, even if they're not good man defenders.  And the fact that he's one of the poorest rebounding SFs in the league, kills us defensively as well, because we give up 2nd chance points anytime Capela can't get a rebound.

The question with Hunter is does he play bigger or smaller than his size?  We're playing him, with the absence of Collins, like a hybrid 3/4.

To me, he plays like a hybrid 2/3.  Who is Hunter more like on this list?  The 2/3s or the 3/4s?

• Lebron - 3/4 
  • Durant - 3/4
  • George - 3/4
  • Tatum - 3/4
  • Ingram - 3/4
  • RJ Barrett - 3/4

• Lavine - 2/3
  • DeRozan - 2/3
  • Butler - 2/3
  • Middleton - 2/3
  • Thompson - 2/3
  • Hart - 2/3
  • Miles Bridges - 2/3
  • Keldon Johnson - 2/3
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
On 3/29/2022 at 2:01 PM, kg01 said:

Well, it's too high a hill to climb.  squd and I spent exile in the same foxhole.  And, you know what they say, once you go in the hole with @Spud2nique, you never go back.

(huh?)

:Bud: Find somebody who looks at you like kg looks at squd ..... and how I look at Kyle Korver.

:Korver: "The restraining order was very clear that you're not to contact me again, coach."

:Bud: "I love you too, Kyle"

:Korver: *sigh*

AH is all ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47nin6141jvtmqbumgth

I know this is thread necromancy but I completely missed this whole string of posts back in March and they are real.

Theyre Real And Theyre Spectacular GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

I know this is thread necromancy but I completely missed this whole string of posts back in March and they are real.

We both know the only reason you made the kg persona is to amuse yourself.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e475umsmrhdr9kwi2avbm

100.webp?cid=ecf05e478n8t386smetvkjd5tdh

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, AHF said:

Now I've got to reread some of this thread, lol