• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I think that Hunter is injured.

Wurider05

He doesn't have that spring in his step anymore and looks stiff overall out there. He doesn't drive like he used to and is moving like an old man. I don't think that it is lost on him that he is getting the rep as an oft injured player and that can cause him some money in contract negotiations. 

• Premium Member

I don't know that he's still 'injured' or he wouldn't play 35+ minutes. I would like to think he's still just struggling with the after effects of the two knee surgeries, then the wrist surgery on his shooting hand and then the take down by Oubre which affected his back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

Hunter didn't suddenly forget how to play basketball. Injuries and coaching. Stop making him a 3 point catch and shooter and get him in the post more often and the elbow.

Why? So he can turn it over?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't know that he's still 'injured' or he wouldn't play 35+ minutes. I would like to think he's still just struggling with the after effects of the two knee surgeries, then the wrist surgery on his shooting hand and then the take down by Oubre which affected his back.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I'm so ready to move on from Hunter. It's crazy how much we gave up to get him. 

We didn't give up that much.  It was worth the gamble either way.  And this is coming from a guy who was not a fan of his at all.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

He should hopefully be moved in the offseason. My fear is knowing from my source and honestly just listen to anyone who covers the Hawks is that Travis loves this guy and overvalues him.

It's ok to love the guy, but if he keeps having knee injury concerns we can't pay him the big bucks.

• Like 3