• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No Respect for DeAndre Hunter.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I have not seen Anything like it. 

Hunter gets called for Phantom Stuff.  Not even touch fouls...  notouch fouls. 

It's not just this game.  It's been a lot of games.   I have seen a lot of games where Hunter is just called for a foul when he didn't commit one. 

How do you fix that?

• Like 2

Vince Carter brought this up a few nights ago.  It's a crime.  What do you do?  He's got to play through it.  As crazy as it sounds better play on offense will help him get defensive calls.  Show the refs you are a gamer.  Right now he's getting abused by phantom calls and 50/50 calls.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Vince Carter brought this up a few nights ago.  It's a crime.  What do you do?  He's got to play through it.  As crazy as it sounds better play on offense will help him get defensive calls.  Show the refs you are a gamer.  Right now he's getting abused by phantom calls and 50/50 calls.  

I've been thinking about it and I think Hunter needs to go smooth off on a ref... I'm talking MAD.. In their face... cussing and pointing until he gets the double tech.  I mean with a full run out at the ref.    It needs to be an intimidating moment so that they would see him.  Right now, I don't think they respect him because they really don't see him. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Isn’t that the coaches job to protect his players? Nate has to have their back when dealing with refs.

Nate's handling of the refs is too soft also.  Hunter needs a full run out at the refs and be in their face...

Hunter need a Jimmy Butler moment with the refs...

or

A Draymond Green Moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Dudes on their rookie contracts don't get respect from refs unless theyre projected superstars.  Someone has to be on the other end of those superstar calls guys are getting, and it's always the young guys.  OO is a victim of this as well and it's even more egregious imo

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And I'll explain it just like I explain everything else.

I don't mind if we get no calls .... as long as no one else does.  The fkng ridiculous continuation foul calls guys get while, whenever it's us (Trae), we get the refs applying the "new" rules and pinpoint accuracy on the foul happening a nanosecond before we (Trae) went up for the shot.

The idea that Trae gets no-called when he hurls himself into the defender is perfectly fine .... as long as no one else gets that call either.

Watching guys like Siakim, Beal, Siakim, Kyrie, Siakim, rando-bench guy, Siakim, and others .. (did I mention Siakim?) flail into us then get the call+continuation because they got off balance and fell on their own? ... that I can't stand for.  If no-call is the call, then it should be the call for everyone.

Man you’re getting me worked up just thinking about how Trae gets ZERO continuation calls. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Man you’re getting me worked up just thinking about how Trae gets ZERO continuation calls. 

It would be comical if it weren't so blatantly obvious they're targeting him.

Like, are they collectively that butthurt about last year?  I'm good with pulling back the calls but don't double-down and give the stupid calls to other players.

What Siakim was doing last night was ridiculous.  Getting knocked over consistently by Bogd?  Really.  The dude is sawft as Charmin.  He couldn't knock a dude over if you gave him a sledgehammer.  But Siakim turns into that lady from the 'i've fallen and I can't get up' commercial at the slightest whiff past him?  Come on.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

.... and furthermore, how freaking robotic is the refs' eyesight that they can pinpoint the exact millisecond Trae is going from dribble-to-shot to avoid giving continuation.

No need to get robot refs.  The ones we got must be bionic men/ladies

When it comes to Trae, they're all ..

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e471eve413xkhblx0x25c

Everybody else, it's ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47gerrzbi3y6r5yotfi4

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Isn’t that the coaches job to protect his players? Nate has to have their back when dealing with refs.

Who Nate? What have you seen from him to know that he can work through refs? Nada, Zip, Zilch.

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who Nate? What have you seen from him to know that he can work through refs? Nada, Zip, Zilch.

Smells like somebody's gonna be giving Nathaniel the business from Gucci row tonite. 

:Bob: I think that young ladys been over-served, Nique.

:Nique: Blame on the alcohol, Bawb.

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Diesel said:

It's not just this game.  It's been a lot of games.   I have seen a lot of games where Hunter is just called for a foul when he didn't commit one. 

How do you fix that?

Hawks coaching staff has to make a point with the refs about it.  Hunter isn't a rookie.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 4/6/2022 at 7:19 AM, Diesel said:

How do you fix that?

This is so true. He has to say something in the post game conference. The refs don’t realize their bias. The one advantage he might have is during the playoffs where they will call fewer fouls overall and allow him to play defense. 

• Like 1