Perk standing up for our boy Trae!!!

Wurider05

Only to dis the Atlanta fans to say the Hawks fans don't show up to games.  He can kiss my ... as far as I'm concerned

The Hawks are 19th in overall home attendance, but when you consider percentage of filled seats the Hawks are 11th in the league. 

We show up for our superstar! Cut the bashing of Atlanta fans.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

No offense to anyone that’s older, but that reputation of Atlanta fans is so outdated and belongs to baby boomers and maybe some Gen X Atlantans. But the Millennial Atlantans and younger have all grown up during the most successful time period of Atlanta sports across the board. They now have purchasing power and families, and are not as jaded as their parents generation was in regards to supporting the home team.

The whole bad sports town reputation is obsolete. That’s flat out lazy journalism at this point to keep repeating it.

And WTF is a "good sports town"?  I'm so tired of that tired a**, northeastern-centric concept.

Acting like a whole a** does not make you a good sports fan.  Cursing, spitting, and being willing to throw stuff at people does not make one a good sports fan.  Fighting in the stands because someone has a different jersey than you does not make one a good sports fan.  Being willing to do anything for your team does not make one a good sports fan.

That's the stuff that goes on at all these supposed good sports towns.  Sign me up for none-a that.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And WTF is a "good sports town"?  I'm so tired of that tired a**, northeastern-centric concept.

Acting like a whole a** does not make you a good sports fan.  Cursing, spitting, and being willing to throw stuff at people does not make one a good sports fan.  Fighting in the stands because someone has a different jersey than you does not make one a good sports fan.  Being willing to do anything for your team does not make one a good sports fan.

That's the stuff that goes on at all these supposed good sports towns.  Sign me up for none-a that.

Also filling up the arena when the product on the floor is terrible to me is not a good sports town.  ESPECIALLY, when ownership is to blame.  Not suggesting you be a fair weather fan, but if we had the Knicks owner, I personally would not go to games because I wouldn't want him to profit off my hard earned money from his continued terrible decisions. 

I'd still watch every game though and that still goes to him..lol

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Also filling up the arena when the product on the floor is terrible to me is not a good sports town.  ESPECIALLY, when ownership is to blame.  Not suggesting you be a fair weather fan, but if we had the Knicks owner, I personally would not go to games because I wouldn't want him to profit off my hard earned money from his continued terrible decisions. 

I'd still watch every game though and that still goes to him..lol

I find it galling when other fanbases would cite poor attendance as evidence Atlanta's not a good sports town.

Like I'm supposed to wait in line, spend money, to go sit and boo a poor product?  That makes me a good fan?  No, that makes me an idiot with disposable income.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I find it galling when other fanbases would cite poor attendance as evidence Atlanta's not a good sports town.

Like I'm supposed to wait in line, spend money, to go sit and boo a poor product?  That makes me a good fan?  No, that makes me an idiot with disposable income.

Exactly, and Atlantans with disposable income would much rather pay a strippers rent than waste it on their team. 

Wait, whose side am I on again….lol.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Exactly, and Atlantans with disposable income would much rather pay a strippers rent than waste it on their team. 

The gif to commemorate this post was considered nsfw.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

B4T (before Trae) when we were a losing team, I was very selective in which games I paid for - I would select a not so popular road team (cheaper tickets in a great section) I know we had a chance of beating - nothing like cheering for a win.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

B4T (before Trae) when we were a losing team, I was very selective in which games I paid for - I would select a not so popular road team (cheaper tickets in a great section) I know we had a chance of beating - nothing like cheering for a win.

The crowds are just different now that we have a star! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Hey now.....those lemon pepper wings do slap....at least that's what I heard......🥷

Edited by HawksNWaffles
  • Like 1