• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I want the NETS

TheNorthCydeRises

If the Nets make it out of the play in and then Ben Simmons plays in the first round....all bets are off for the East.  The Nets instantly become a better defensive team, a better rebounding team and a better passing team.

People forget that Ben Simmons is better when he can move toward the basket. In a team where Kyrie and Durant will have the the ball in their hands most of the time, it frees up Simmons to cause havoc. I want them out before that nonsense begins.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

The Nets are problematic because of this one thing...

Kevin Durant's critical tweet leaves 13-year-old boy hurt, confused

Steve Nash is going to play him for 66 minutes... This includes Halftime...   And yes, he's going to wear down.. .(in a series) but in a game... maybe not. 

Beating Brooklyn is all about letting KD do his thing, not fouling and stopping everybody else.

The inclusion of Simmons may bring problems... but I think he's going to have issues.  I don't think it's that easy to get back into basketball shape.  Not just the physical but also the mental.   Tossing him in the playoffs could be worse case scenario. 

Let's just focus on Beating Charlotte.   That's a really tall order. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

My Knicks fan friend said if we face the Nets all the Knicks fans will be cheering for Hawks.   Hard to imagine Knicks fans cheering for Trae.

I can see them wanting to see Trae stomp the Nets into the ground if for not other reason than their Brooklyn neighbors not being able to say they slayed the dragon that owned the Knicks.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

In a season that has been a roller coaster at best, I want the Hawks to go through the ultimate challenge.

Root for Cleveland to beat the Nets.

Then of course, let's take care of business vs the Hornets on Wednesday.

I WANT THE NETS!  ONE GAME SHOWDOWN. LOSER GOES HOME!

The only way this team will get the proper respect, is if we play GIANT KILLER once again.

I fully believe that Trae is going to get snubbed from being All-NBA. So the best way to give the middle finger to everyone, is to take down The Great Pretender.

And how great it would it be to take out ANOTHER New York team in the playoffs before they even get started. His so-called villain status would grow even more in that city.

Taking out Brooooooklyyyyynnnn, but losing a tough 1st round series with the Heat, would be digestible, and not make the season so disappointing.

So, LET'S GO CAVS!

I want the Cavs and then beat the breaks off Miami.  Then Philly and waltz through Milwaukee to destroy Phoenix in the finals. 

I don't want their respect.  Take it with our championship trophy.

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

My Knicks fan friend said if we face the Nets all the Knicks fans will be cheering for Hawks.   Hard to imagine Knicks fans cheering for Trae.

They love Trae...lol

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

I want the Horcats!

Y'all know not to be lookin' ahead.  How dare y'all?  Has Atlanta sports history taught you nothing?!

ETA: Probably the most offensive thread I've seen on here all year.  @TheNorthCydeRises you owe us a hundred pushups so get down with your weak, girly arms and squeeze 'em out.  We're waiting.

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47rmpij2jvo7u5iz3jgp

Really, y'all?  We just gonna let this blatant disrespect of the 'process' go unpunished?

OP has jinxed us in more ways than I know how to count.  And I went to Georgia Tech!

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Well someone had to do it to try to reverse this mess

R.db58ceb397ce02c2d3806e846819e54e?rik=x

1st response:

2nd response:

Haven't you learned anything from your leader?  He is NOT scary. 

Of course Charlotte is objective #1.  After that objective is completed, let's go to Brooklyn. 

You all can be scary if you want.  Personally, I don't he would want it any other way.