• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

42 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

While Atlanta plans to target LaVine and Ayton in FA and want to meet with both guys, Atlanta is planning to aggressive pursuit defense + shooting and less shot creation in FA for reserves. 

This board is going to blow its fuse if they don’t land Lavine or Ayton if this is the case and is Brown from the nets not a target because he fits the description perfectly! 

yeah I wonder how Trae feels about  this. If they strike out on Ayton and Lavine improvements vary. Brogdon also may have to be a top trade target.

48 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't expect big changes but JC could be moved and he's been in trade talks for lottery picks for awhile. This is not new. This has been going on since January. Teams have done their research on JC. 

trade away JC for a high unproven pick….man oh man!….it sounds like they are almost willing to restart their core pieces from scratch while they can early in Traes new contract and maybe that’s the best option but if they do this then no playoff appearance is an guarantee. JC being a top 10 PF if you can’t get Ivey in the draft I would say that’s a failed plan waiting to happen. Sometimes even as a fan you know when a guy is going to do well in the league as long as he’s healthy at least ….I felt that way about Trae and Edwards . I was right about both and I feel strong about Jabari Smith and Ivey in this draft class over others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JTB said:

This board is going to blow its fuse if they don’t land Lavine or Ayton if this is the case and is Brown from the nets not a target because he fits the description perfectly! 

yeah I wonder how Trae feels about  this. If they strike out on Ayton and Lavine improvements vary. Brogdon also may have to be a top trade target.

trade away JC for a high unproven pick….man oh man!….it sounds like they are almost willing to restart their core pieces from scratch while they can early in Traes new contract and maybe that’s the best option but if they do this then no playoff appearance is an guarantee. JC being a top 10 PF if you can’t get Ivey in the draft I would say that’s a failed plan waiting to happen. Sometimes even as a fan you know when a guy is going to do well in the league as long as he’s healthy at least ….I felt that way about Trae and Edwards . I was right about both and I feel strong about Jabari Smith and Ivey in this draft class over others.

Brogdon was mentioned in the past but his price is a 1st and that's something Atlanta isn't interested in. 

Idk who are FA targets are outside of the Ayton and LaVine.

Atlanta isn't scared to make changes and he's Atlanta best external trade piece.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Brogdon was mentioned in the past but his price is a 1st and that's something Atlanta isn't interested in. 

good to know.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Idk who are FA targets are outside of the Ayton and LaVine.

Atlanta isn't scared to make changes and he's Atlanta best external trade piece.

It’s starting to sound like they are willing to miss the playoffs possibly.

if you strike out on Ayton and Lavine the FA Market for game changers or impact players start to become very dried up quickly in terms of guys who are or can be all stars.

If you then switch your focus to trading collins in the draft who most believe is our second best player and the FA moves made were minor and not impactful then I can’t see how they can tell our fan base they are trying to remain in playoff contention. Trading Collins for a high draft pick sounds like a backup plan if Lavine and Ayton pursuit fails.

Oh and I always liked Jonathan Issac . Who knows if he’s the same player after the injury ??? 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, JTB said:

Sometimes even as a fan you know when a guy is going to do well in the league as long as he’s healthy at least ….I felt that way about Trae and Edwards . I was right about both and I feel strong about Jabari Smith and Ivey in this draft class over others.

^This... I was right there with ya and I'm right there with ya now. Jabari and Ivey are the potential generational talents in this class IMO. I don't care for Banchero or Holmgren. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This time last year if you told us we would move both Cam and JC within the next 12 months and all we got back was 2 draft picks, Kevin Knox and Justice Winslow (or Harrison Barnes) Schlenk’s head would be at the stake.

I understand the market, and what is and isn’t available. But for all the work (and losing) we did to collect assets so that we could make a splash move to acquire a star, just to strike out and give away talent, this is not going well for the FO. 

We need to seriously think about things. I’d rather just go all in for a proven name, than sell us on more youth that will have to sit and learn, wasting a season or 2 of Trae’s prime.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I understand the market, and what is and isn’t available. But for all the work (and losing) we did to collect assets so that we could make a splash move to acquire a star, just to strike out and give away talent, this is not going well for the FO. 

If we can get #4 from SAC (assuming the 3 bigs go 1,2,3), that's acquiring a star. #7 could turn out to be a star too.... just not a guarantee like Ivey is. 

7 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

This time last year if you told us we would move both Cam and JC within the next 12 months and all we got back was 2 draft picks, Kevin Knox and Justice Winslow (or Harrison Barnes) Schlenk’s head would be at the stake.

We need to seriously think about things. I’d rather just go all in for a proven name, than sell us on more youth that will have to sit and learn, wasting a season or 2 of Trae’s prime.

Which is why I been saying for months now that a small rebuild may be in order so go all in for Ayton at all cost!
Give Phx an offer they can’t turn down and boom there’s your two all stars to build around in Trae and Ayton.

Doing this may also put us back in the lottery but it’s different when you have your two all stars in place to build around . Right now we are trying to build around Trae and find his Robin or equal all star talent and it’s not going well. So maybe force the action and gain assets while getting your 2nd main piece to the puzzle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, JTB said:

Which is why I been saying for months now that a small rebuild may be in order so go all in for Ayton at all cost!
Give Phx an offer they can’t turn down and boom there’s your two all stars to build around in Trae and Ayton.

Doing this may also put us back in the lottery but it’s different when you have your two all stars in place to build around . Right now we are trying to build around Trae and find his Robin or equal all star talent and it’s not going well. So maybe force the action and gain assets while getting your 2nd main piece to the puzzle.

Ayton has to want to go to your team first and that team works out a deal with PHX. I would imagine picks would have to go out as well a player like Capela. And no, I do not believe Ayton is a star. I see him like I see JC, a fringe all star type, the difference is, he's a center and Trae spams centers highly effectively. There is more chances he can be optimized than JC offensively even if JC is a better player than Ayton. 

I still think PHX has his role correct which is the same as JC, 3rd option on a contender. Atlanta just has the ability to spam him and that will enhance his offensive value. If others spammed him, it probably won't work as Trae offensive game is predicated on driving and PnR play from as soon as he crosses half court.

I still think paying him the max is a mistake. I see it like paying JC the max. The difference is, Atlanta is the only team in the NBA that spams the 1/5 PnR and can because of Trae Young. So there is opportunity cost. If you spam JC in his current state, he can score 25 ppg too but it's not a winning formula offensively.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, warcore said:

^This... I was right there with ya and I'm right there with ya now. Jabari and Ivey are the potential generational talents in this class IMO. I don't care for Banchero or Holmgren. 

Keegan Murray and Griffin. Book it.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, georgia said:

We use to have interest in Fultz.    Wonder if that would fit some how with Issac interest.  

That's interesting...  if we were to send Gallo for Fultz...

We'd save something like 5 Million.

He'd be a ball handler.. and a midrange scorer.  Paired with Trae, he could allow Trae to play off ball.  He doesn't have a three point shot so he's not a threat to spread the floor.  Defensively.. I think he's OK.  He stays in front of his man.  He's no Delon, but he's a much better facilitator than Wright. 

That would be an interesting turn of events.  I would think it less likely because he's due 16.5 this year and then 18.5 next season.  That's a lot of money to be tied into a guy who you don't expect to get you 15 ppg. 

43 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I'm wondering if we can push for a show me contract to Victor Oladipo?

Nah there are enough dumb teams to give him guaranteed money.. Watch the Pistons blow their space on him when they strike on Ayton.

• Like 1