• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

4 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

If we keep the pick Travis is failing at his job. We do not need to get younger especially if Gallo leaves.

That's not true. Next season isn't the final season for the NBA. Even if a rookie isn't expected to contribute much next year, that doesn't make them useless.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Hawks News

Gobert is no longer a target of the Hawks. They are not interested in Utah asking price for Gobert. While Danny isn't the GM, the asking price is hilarious. 

Atlanta has fully shifted their focus to LaVine and Ayton.

Atlanta has been in talks with several lottery teams about possible JC trades. Atlanta is clearly targeting players in the high part of the lottery with JC like they were doing last year with Cam but more aggressively and serious with JC. Portland is the most interested but there are more teams vying for JC. I am told Portland is targeting a trade around Winslow/7 for JC. I am told Indiana also has interest in JC as does Sacramento which is not new. 

I do not believe JC will be on the roster next year at this point but he could be. 

Okongwu and Hunter are off limits. The Gobert pullout closes that door in terms of Hunter.

Atlanta is looking at PFs to compete replace the lost of Gallo. Grant is a name of interest but the name I just heard that actually has legit interest to me is Jonathan Issac. Orlando has also had interest in Bogi and in Kevin Huerter. This could be something to look into.

Gallo is gone. He's either getting traded to OKC or getting cut. Either way, he is gone.

JJ, Coop, and the CP gang is good as locks to be back. 

While Atlanta plans to target LaVine and Ayton in FA and want to meet with both guys, Atlanta is planning to aggressive pursuit defense + shooting and less shot creation in FA for reserves. 

There is going to be competition for Delon Wright so Atlanta may look to a trade or at the draft to address the PG position and add more competition to the room. Atlanta is interested in bringing him back, just not sure they will. 

He hasn't heard nothing on Kevin Knox or Dieng but that doesn't mean they aren't wanted back by Atlanta. 

Atlanta had serious interest in last year's draft in Sengun, Josh Primo, and Chris Duarte. 

I don't expect big changes but JC could be moved and he's been in trade talks for lottery picks for awhile. This is not new. This has been going on since January. Teams have done their research on JC. 

You guys remember when I told @thecampster that his chart means nothing because Danny ainge was with utah and his asking price will be high regardless. Well yeah you guys said I was dumb and knew nothing LMAOOO. told ya. context matters

That being said Chris Kirschner has said all offseason collins is most likely to be traded and he wont be back. My guess is the hawks get 7 and filler from portland targeting daniels if they cannot get higher in draft (indiana, sacramento)

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That being said Chris Kirschner has said all offseason collins is most likely to be traded and he wont be back. My guess is the hawks get 7 and filler from portland targeting daniels if they cannot get higher in draft (indiana, sacramento)

The very first post of this thread from back on April 27th (the day after the Hawks season ended)......heck he has been on the trade market for what seems the past 2 years.

On 4/27/2022 at 7:36 AM, thecampster said:

Collins – Management loves John the person. Management also thinks John is a better fit next to a dominant center or elsewhere. John is not strong enough, big enough and is hurt too much to put next to Trae and Clint. They know his athleticism will fade.

If you see the Hawks make a move for either Ayton, Gobert (or even A.Davis), then that is just the first domino to fall. Clint, John, Dre, Bogi, Gallo, Cooper could all have a new address next season and we could easily not have a draft pick.  5 out, 3 in is very likely.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Chris Kirschner has said

My friend... be careful to read Kirschner's words carefully. He ordinarily has the scruples to say explicitly if he is reporting based on a source, or if he is opining.

He's been doing a lot of opining.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Kirchner has been trying to trade John for years. You hear about JC so much because he has the most trade value besides Trae.  The Hawks will always take calls to discuss JC doesn't mean they will trade him unless they are blown away.

2022-05-27_07-59-44.png

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You hear about JC so much because he has the most trade value besides Trae.  The Hawks will always take calls to discuss JC doesn't mean they will trade him unless they are blown away.

source.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

My friend... be careful to read Kirschner's words carefully. He ordinarily has the scruples to say explicitly if he is reporting based on a source, or if he is opining.

He's been doing a lot of opining.

He also does reporting. Yes this was opining but time and time again he has mentioned he likely wont be back. I dont usually understand the chris hate but then I remember a lot of people dont understand the job of journalism and think hes supposed to be the fan of the team. Chris opinon asides my point is just all signs are pointing to collins gone for a better fit. I think many hawks fans will be underwhelmed with the return (at least in the short term casue the rookie likely wont be a stud immediately)

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'd prefer the real thing sir. There is no limit on the amount likes one can give.

😂

Oh, but of course. (I just like to specify what I especially like.)

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Ayton has to want to go to your team first and that team works out a deal with PHX. I would imagine picks would have to go out as well a player like Capela. And no, I do not believe Ayton is a star. I see him like I see JC, a fringe all star type, the difference is, he's a center and Trae spams centers highly effectively. There is more chances he can be optimized than JC offensively even if JC is a better player than Ayton. 

I still think PHX has his role correct which is the same as JC, 3rd option on a contender. Atlanta just has the ability to spam him and that will enhance his offensive value. If others spammed him, it probably won't work as Trae offensive game is predicated on driving and PnR play from as soon as he crosses half court.

I still think paying him the max is a mistake. I see it like paying JC the max. The difference is, Atlanta is the only team in the NBA that spams the 1/5 PnR and can because of Trae Young. So there is opportunity cost. If you spam JC in his current state, he can score 25 ppg too but it's not a winning formula offensively.

Interesting. Ayton has a higher ceiling the John. Whether he reaches it is another thing. I would love a squad that looked something like Ayton, OO17, Dre, Olidipo, Trae. With GP2, Bogi, Kevin, JJ, Mitchel Robinson, Duece Coop, and Wesley Matthews coming off the bench.  For shits and giggles, bol bol, a championship vet, and our second rounder to fill out the roster. I know oddly specific. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He also does reporting.

Yes. Which is why I said...

8 minutes ago, sturt said:

He ordinarily has the scruples to say explicitly if he is reporting

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I dont usually understand the chris hate

Me, I'm big on calling balls and strikes... in this, or in any of the bigger things in life.

Chris didn't deserve, imo, to take all the bullets for his decision on his All-NBA voting. And I said as much.

I was probably the first generator of what may have been seen as "Chris hate"... I didn't trust him at first that he had the sources that he claimed to have had.

Over time, he's proven me wrong. He's been more right than wrong on his sourced reporting as far as I've seen.

But I've also had some other mini-issues with him.

That said, my comment is actually complimentary of him, and that if a reader is paying attention, Chris will tell you whether he's offering opinion or offering information based on substance.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

If we keep the pick Travis is failing at his job. We do not need to get younger especially if Gallo leaves.

disagree here.   You always want to prepare for a future.. even if the future pick is one that we don't need or even one that we use in a trade. 

When we trade Bogi/#16 to Detroit and Get back Bledsoe/#7,  I see this as travis doing his job in several ways. 

21 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He also does reporting. Yes this was opining but time and time again he has mentioned he likely wont be back. I dont usually understand the chris hate but then I remember a lot of people dont understand the job of journalism and think hes supposed to be the fan of the team. Chris opinon asides my point is just all signs are pointing to collins gone for a better fit. I think many hawks fans will be underwhelmed with the return (at least in the short term casue the rookie likely wont be a stud immediately)

Opining isn't journalism and that is why people have a problem with Chris. They don't like his opinions. 

Haven't seen many upset about his journalism. He is actually a good one.

Edited by marco102

9 hours ago, georgia said:

We use to have interest in Fultz.    Wonder if that would fit some how with Issac interest.  

None right now. He's making a lot of money for a backup PG. 

I honestly think he would be Gallo replacement if we made a move for him.