• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Any Ayton trade with Capela means we have to add 6.3 million in trade capital that's available. 

If we trade Hart/7 for JC/16, we can modify our Blazers deal and add the Ayton SnT which will cover for the 6.3 million we have to have available. 

If we want to trade Hart, we would ideally need to do it in that modified deal as we can package him. Whereas, once the deal is finalized, we have to wait 90 days to trade him. 

We have to be very crafty to land Ayton but its feasible which is all that matters. 

For example, look at my screenshot.

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_6-21-2022_8-06-49AM.png

I don't believe the first statement is accurate unless you are only referring to it in the context of this post. I remember reading a john holinger article that says the suns can only take on 20 million in salary for an ayton sign and trade. Capela's 18 mill would fall witin that threshold so they would not need more money (believe this is assuming he signs 5/170)

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Just out of curiosity, what is the Kings cap situation looking like?

If we were to theoretically deal JC to them for the 4 pick, what else would we have to take back? 

I wonder if there would be any interest from them in bringing Bogi back? They likely regret choosing Buddy over him. Maybe they would like a do over with him back? 

I wonder what kind of scenario might work between JC, Bogi, future picks from us and 4, Barnes, and/or Sabonis from them. 

It may be something like JC/#16/Future pick for Harrison Barnes/#4. 

Sactown is about 13.8 million under the Cap.   That means that they can pick up John but only has to give out 10 million to make a trade work.

Last night, I saw guys speculating on Barnes and others saying Holmes + Holiday.

If our plan was to free up Cap Space to make a deal for Ayton..

Then a Mitchell, Jackson combo may be the way we're looking.   But doubtful. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, AHF said:

I do think we need to be realistic on how JC is valued.  He hasn't been a 20/10 guy since CC arrived.  Since then he has been:

17.6 and 7.4

16.2 and 7.8 

That is considerably less exciting than 20/10 and what it tells a trade partner is that JC is probably not going to be close to a 20/10 guy if he has a strong partner in the frontcourt because JC's production is tied to his role and positioning on the floor.  To get him back to 20/10 means letting him operate much closer to the rim than he has been the last two years and whether that role would be waiting for him depends on the trading partner.  For his numbers to be maxed, he would ideally be paired with a strong PnR PG and a stretch center.  That isn't something every team will have.

So I'd expect that he would be valued based on numbers more on the production of the last two seasons than the one season (out of five) he had more than 20 points per game and the one season (out of five) he had more than 10 rebounds per game.

I speak of 20/10.. in reference to that time before CC because other teams may picture him as that.   Usually, the team that's trading for a player thinks of that player as a Centerpiece and will probably feed him more than we do. 

Just now, Mikey said:

I don't believe the first statement is accurate unless you are only referring to it in the context of this post. I remember reading a john holinger article that says the suns can only take on 20 million in salary for an ayton sign and trade. Capela's 18 mill would fall witin that threshold so they would not need more money (believe this is assuming he signs 5/170)

Because of the Capela unlikely incentives, Ayton for Capela works now for the Suns in a SnT. 

The issue is, Ayton 30.5 million dollar year 1. Atlanta has to clear up 6.3 million. The only way they can do that is add another trade to this one. 

• Like 4

Just now, NBASupes said:

Because of the Capela unlikely incentives, Ayton for Capela works now for the Suns in a SnT. 

The issue is, Ayton 30.5 million dollar year 1. Atlanta has to clear up 6.3 million. The only way they can do that is add another trade to this one. 

thanks for clearing up. does this operate under the assumption we have cut gallo already?

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It may be something like JC/#16/Future pick for Harrison Barnes/#4. 

Sactown is about 13.8 million under the Cap.   That means that they can pick up John but only has to give out 10 million to make a trade work.

Last night, I saw guys speculating on Barnes and others saying Holmes + Holiday.

If our plan was to free up Cap Space to make a deal for Ayton..

Then a Mitchell, Jackson combo may be the way we're looking.   But doubtful. 

Jackson is a FA. 

If Atlanta doesn't get 4 or a pick in the range of Dyson Daniels, they aren't doing a deal with Sacramento. 

Just now, Mikey said:

thanks for clearing up. does this operate under the assumption we have cut gallo already?

Yes. I have. Because we can't be hardcapped. 

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Jackson is a FA. 

If Atlanta doesn't get 4 or a pick in the range of Dyson Daniels, they aren't doing a deal with Sacramento. 

Yes. I have. Because we can't be hardcapped. 

And the expectations for Daniels are how high? I know Collins isn't the best player in the league, but how good is Daniels projected to be in 2 years? This seems like another step backwards for us with no guarantee we have a long-term pairing next to Trae.

Edited by nathan2331

Just now, ShooterSays said:

JC being "very likely" gone by the end of the week makes me think Ayton to ATL is all but done.

Losing JC only makes sense to me if you think you're definitely getting Ayton.

If we're losing JC it's because we trying to find an upgrade at SG and JC is our best asset to do it. It seems like the Hawks think he's expendable and it might set us back a lot.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Take this for what its worth but the current and 2 old sources are not returning my messages on the current media rumors. I've enjoyed radio silence for going on 3 days now.

In my experience, this is the calm before the storm. Happens often right before something goes down.

Yup… next 48 hours are critical! 

image.gif.8ac815ed116e77e2d4bcfc4fc0789814.gif

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

And the expectations for Daniels are how high? I know Collins isn't the best player in the league, but how good is Daniels projected to be in 2 years? This seems like another step backwards for us with no guarantee we have a long-term pairing next to Trae.

Idk. I can only tell you how good I think he's going to be. I think he's the next Derrick White but 6'8 with a 6'11 wingspan instead of 6'5 with a 6'8 wingspan who's built like Delon Wright whereas Daniels is built like a young Klay Thompson. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Naaah .... in my experience, just means she didn't like yer cologne.  Welcome to the friend zone.

OH. Is that what she told you? You might want to review your actual behaviors recently... no dirty socks lying around, that kind of thing.

• Like 1

Suns want #8 for Ayton.

NBA Rumors: Suns Interested in Trading Vet for No. 8 Pick to Create Ayton Cap Space

The Phoenix Suns are reportedly looking at ways to keep Deandre Ayton despite an unceremonious ending to the season.

Per ESPN's Jonathan Givony, the Suns are among the teams interested in acquiring the No. 8 pick from the New Orleans Pelicans in the 2022 NBA draft and could include "a player like Cameron Johnson in order to free up salary-cap flexibility" to re-sign Ayton.

The Suns currently have $129.2 million in payroll commitments to nine players next season. Team governor Robert Sarver has indicated a willingness to go into the luxury tax if they are in a position to "compete at the highest level" for a championship.

• Thanks 1