• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Like what, if you trade JC and Okongwu, you literally traded all of the good assets outside of Kevin who is really the one that should be in this deal as his role becomes null with Murray on board.

Trae plays through the bigs. You gotta keep one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Murray is much more exciting than Ayton or Gobert, I will admit that. 

I like Ayton a lot still but ain’t gon lie this Murray deal if it goes down would be awesome as hell. We should go get Gobert afterwards.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

San Antonio has a ton of cap space so they do not have to send out as much as they take in.

It helps the Hawks because if they do an Ayton trade they'd be hard capped.  The Hawks can send out a ton of salary with this trade and still have room to improve the roster up to the tax apron.

Good point, but then again, SAS supposedly was/is also targeting Ayton.

1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

Exactly.  When I made my Murray proposal last year, I sent Hunter and Okongwu to the Spurs for Murray.  It was predicated on the development of Johnson who is gonna be a beast.  In fact, DO NOT BE SHOCKED IF THE SPURS MOVE ON JOHNSON in this deal.

So are you the guy that made the Murray proposal last year ? 

• Haha 1

Just now, sturt said:

Good point, but then again, SAS supposedly was/is also targeting Ayton.

Ayton would have to want to choose San Antonio. That hasn't been mentioned by many.

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Still got Capela.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Thanks, and that’s kind of my point.

There are rules for a reason. SAS have to add more to the pot if they are going to try and fleece us.

The trade will be much more balanced salary wise than whats being reported. We are getting a pick and a player or 2 back in this deal too.

Actually, no, I got ahead of myself... see marco's post... SAS has cap space.

14 minutes ago, marco102 said:

But Murray's skillset next to Trae is the perfect compliment.  Murrary can guard 1 -3.  Playmake, attack the rim.  His three point shooting is the only real question, but he's a decent spot up shooter and Trae can get him those.

He's the ideal guy to allow Trae to play off the ball, something people around here have been begging Trae to do all season.   All of that doubling of Trae flat out disappears with Murray beside him.   Trae is literally a top 5 spot up shooter in this league, with very limited attempts.  If Murray is able to get him more spot up looks, Trae's efficiency skyrockets, and his turnovers go down with another ball handler in the backcourt.

To me, this is an absolute home run if we can pull this off.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Ayton would have to want to choose San Antonio. That hasn't been mentioned by many.

Not hard for me to imagine. Pops tends to attract guys to him.

5 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

So are you the guy that made the Murray proposal last year ? 

Yes.  I made the proposal for the Hawks to trade for Murray last December.  The trade parameters are almost spot on to my proposal.  The main difference is substituting Collins for Hunter.  My proposal and the Hawks then sending Murray to the Nets for a package centered around Kyrie.  Since Murray is a great defender, he would be a good fit beside Trae.

Edited by Hawkmoor

8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Exactly, you gotta keep at least one of them. 

This is what I would do

John

Kevin

Two pick swaps 2023 and 2024.

Three 1sts 2022, CHA 2022, ATL top 5 protected 2025.

For 

Murray and Richardson

Much bigger haul than New Orleans got from Milwaukee 

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_6-22-2022_10-36-32PM.png

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

Just now, Hawkmoor said:

Yes.  I made the proposal for the Hawks to trade for Murray last December.  The trade parameters are almost spot on to my proposal.  The main difference is subsituting Collins for Hunter.  My proposal and the Hawks then sending Murray to the Nets for a package centered around Kyrie.  Since Murray is a great defender, he would be a good fit beside Trae.

Oh lort hamercy

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Exactly, you gotta keep at least one of them. 

This is what I would do

John

Kevin

Two pick swaps 2023 and 2024.

Three 1sts 2022, CHA 2022, ATL top 5 protected 2025.

For 

Murray and Richardson

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_6-22-2022_10-36-32PM.png

Love that deal!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sturt said:

It's 16.57 + 5m + 100K... which comes up about 2m short. No biggie. But it becomes a biggie if you're then going to add another salary beyond John's.

A much more attractive though still disappointing deal would involve Poetl.

Poetl was my dude during fantasy basketball.  For the most part, reliable as hell and good for a double-double at least every other night.

• Like 2