• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

A major point that squawks are either forgetting or are not aware of:  Travis stacked the roster with young talent to make this very trade to get a superstar to play with Young. The Hawks knew that if they hit on all their young players that eventually they would have to move some folks because of salary. It's one of the reasons I proposed sending Hunter, Okongwu AND Reddish away back in December in a 3 team trade with the Spurs and Nets centered around Murray and Kyrie. The issues that changed are Reddish and his unhappiness, and Collins. Reddish was shipped before he could be included in a blockbuster. Collins just replaces Hunter. For the long haul, if the Hawks can get away with sending Okongwu and Collins and not touching Hunter and Johnson, they will have won this deal.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, georgia said:

So is there a strong belief this trade is about to happen??

If so, Huerter or Bogi is gone next

I don't know if it is or if it aint, but I do know that @thecampster has been posting all morning like he didn't sleep las' night.  Something's brewin' and it ain't just the coffee.

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Portis is f***ing garbage. I hate low BBIQ players like Portis and JJ Hickson of the world with a passion. I am out on Murray if it cost us Okongwu and JC. If it's just one, I am all in

I like OO but you don't balk at including him in a trade like this.  And I'm not a Portis fan either, but he's not "garbage".

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I don't know if it is or if it aint, but I do know that @thecampster has been posting all morning like he didn't sleep las' night.  Something's brewin' and it ain't just the coffee.

I like OO but you don't balk at including him in a trade like this.  And I'm not a Portis fan either, but he's not "garbage".

f*** balking, you run from it. Non negotiable 

• Confused 1

• Premium Member

Well I went to bed relaxed.

Now I'm stressed again.

I wasn't wrong to observe we had no one stepping forward to say this is legit at the time. Clearly, that's changed overnight.

These words are just reverberating in my brain right now...

“It’s not going to be a major overhaul,” Schlenk said. “I think some people have assumed some things based on some of my comments or Tony’s comments after the season.”

Right, Travis. Right.

9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If we are trading JC and OO we better have a plan to get someone at PF. 

We went 24-13 without Collins playing last year.  Gallo plus JJ works fine.  Add in a journeyman vet signing. 

Also, we would have Capela, Ayton, or Gobert at center.  We'll have options at PF.  

• Like 3

Just now, kg01 said:

This is a major overrating of a guy just because he's a Hawk, supes.  I like OO and I see really good potential for him.  He's a winning player, even.  But there will be guys drafted tonite that are just as good or better than him.

I'm putting my hand on your shoulder here because I care.

My boy campst walked into the 'Squawk office kitchen like ...

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47ekpw84w8wpc0ldlt5dc

And listen, the exec committee (yep, it's a thing) has been monitoring your posts.  You're really close to getting a call from 'management' telling you to get some sleep.

https://voca.ro/12HVmId4o1R8

• Premium Member

We're going to lose this trade if it's anything like what's being suggested it's going to be. We just are.

Murray is an up and comer, but he's not so certain that you throw allllllll  these proven and high potential assets at him. A year ago, people were wondering what SAS would do with him... he was essentially the PG/SG version of John Collins... a potential ASG player who wasn't seeming to get there, and with some notable injury history.

This isn't beyond my wildest imagination crazy, but it's pretty far out there.

*sigh*

giphy.gif

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Here, let me throw out this depth chart and then tell you what it costs.

Trae/Wright/Cooper

Murray/Huerter/Mays

Hunter/Knox

Portis/JJ

Gobert/Robin Lopez

Approximately $136 million.  Add in $5 million for Gallo's guarantee. $141 million.

You have $8 million to spend on 3 vet roster spots and still have the MLE.

That's a championship roster right there. It would suck to have to give up JC and OO to do it...but the goal isn't touchy feely, happy happy, lets all be together forever. The goal is a chip and that team can win one.

Give me Ayton and we good.

I am half way in on a Murray deal. I need to see the details. A Jrue Holiday deal is three 1sts and two pick swaps. That's insane! 

Adding JJ to that who was a 1st last year is way too rich.

I have zero interest in adding Okongwu at any cost unless JC stays.

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This is a major overrating of a guy just because he's a Hawk, supes.  I like OO and I see really good potential for him.  He's a winning player, even.  But there will be guys drafted tonite that are just as good or better than him.

Simply put Murray changes the trajectory of your franchise, OO does not.  Awesome kid, but you get the top NBA talent that fits your franchise player in Murray. 

7 minutes ago, sturt said:

We're going to lose this trade if it's anything like what's being suggested it's going to be. We just are.

Murray is an up and comer, but he's not so certain that you throw allllllll  these proven and high potential assets at him. A year ago, people were wondering what SAS would do with him... he was essentially the PG/SG version of John Collins... a potential ASG player who wasn't seeming to get there, and with some notable injury history.

This isn't beyond my wildest imagination crazy, but it's pretty far out there.

*sigh*

For real. He's very good boardering excellent. But 3 1sts and JC plus a pick swap or two, whoa! 

Yeah, he's not SGA where he's excellent already. This is where the I love bigs guys like me draw the line with the I love guards guys. 

This is too rich. Way too rich and I question that.

3 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Simply put Murray changes the trajectory of your franchise, OO does not.  Awesome kid, but you get the top NBA talent that fits your franchise player in Murray. 

Okongwu does change the trajectory of your franchise. What the f*** are you talking about? You guard loving posters are doing too much because this hits close to your dreams around Trae. We gonna have to agree to disagree. This shit ain't even gonna work.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1