• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

Just now, marco102 said:

Well you always run to stats to prove your point, like for example with OO.

But you going to ignore them when it comes to Murray.  He had freaking 7.0 WAR.  Bradely Beals best season was 7.4 WAR. 

AND Murray is younger and cheaper. 

Capela put up a 10+ WAR. I am not saying that WAR doesn't matter cause it does but Beal is universally seen as a top 20 player. Murray has just joined the top 40. Give him some time to prove himself 

3 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Why aren't we asking our star player to play defense, which would help us win?  

Why are we asking our star player to do everything on offense and play competent defense.  No other star does that.  Get him some ball handling help and he'll start playing better defense.

• Like 2

Just now, NBASupes said:

Capela put up a 10+ WAR. I am not saying that WAR doesn't matter cause it does but Beal is universally seen as a top 20 player. Murray has just joined the top 40. Give him some time to prove himself 

And he can in the next two years and once he does, he'll be unattainable. 

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Beal has proved his value in the league as a top 15-20 guy. The stats say Capela is better than Ayton but ya'll still want Ayton

Bc of age and potential. Don’t do that 

• Like 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

He has to do it and win. Beal won in big playoff games. Has Murray played in one yet?

He has not, but that's because he's been on a tanking team. 

That's like the Devin Booker debate.  Anyone with eyes could see how talented he was, but because he was surrounded by scrubs, they said he was empty stats.  Got him in the playoffs and he went off. 

What Murray brings generally doesn't break down in the playoffs.  His scoring may flounder, but that playmaking and defense will be there and those are the type of players you need with Trae Young.

10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

My source said we have been talking to SAS since before the trade deadline for a Murray deal. Deflected any other questions. Did tell me to "make sure you watch the draft, expect some fireworks"

I love it when sources think they are Rodney Dangerfield or something. Kids still know who that is, right?

So this IS the secret trade!

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Why are we asking our star player to do everything on offense and play competent defense.  No other star does that.  Get him some ball handling help and he'll start playing better defense.

When we get him some ball handling help, will he be willing to share the ball?  I have my doubts.

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

I hear a lot of squawkers Balking at the thought of losing OO in this trade. 

A minute ago, we didn't know how to define OO's position. 

I think what some are failing to see is that Murray is a 2 way player who has All NBA talent and is proven.   That's why the ask is so high. 

Also, San Antonio put his name out there for a reason.  To get good offers.   Don't think that JC + Picks is the best offer that they can get.   NY would send them the whole world.  I'm talking Randle, Cam + Picks.   I'm sure that Most teams have an offer that they would send.. even a team like Boston. 

So  let's not balk too hard. 

Pop and Cam/Randle? lol.. No way..

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

He has not, but that's because he's been on a tanking team. 

That's like the Devin Booker debate.  Anyone with eyes could see how talented he was, but because he was surrounded by scrubs, they said he was empty stats.  Got him in the playoffs and he went off. 

What Murray brings generally doesn't break down in the playoffs.  His scoring may flounder, but that playmaking and defense will be there and those are the type of players you need with Trae Young.

I mean look at Wiggins - nobody cared much for him in Minny.  Who you play with matters when it comes to perception

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Murray is not that good to me. So I disagree. He's not Kevin Durant. Two 1st and JC is a elite offer and Okongwu isn't the equivalent of a protected 1st. He's way more valuable than JC and any of those picks. This is usually when I know you don't understand or rate Okongwu clearly when he's a filler in a trade for a player like Murray 

Nobody is KD..

• Like 2

I'm still skeptical about this trade because we still haven't heard anything from Woj. or Shams so if this deal is truly legit I would be willing to give up J.C., OO, and at least 2 firsts, maybe 3. Murray is the best fit for our team and sometimes you have to overpay to get what you need. Sometimes IMO we get too attached to certain players but we have to face this fact: It's all about getting that chip. Trae is our Superstar and we have to put the best pieces around him that will give him and us success.

• Like 1