• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

How huge? (Of a fan)

People really don't like it when I blow on them as they walk by, but me, I'm a big fan... 😬

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, akay said:

Ayton is a huge upgrade offensively, downgrade defensively, upgrade availability.

Overall though, our offense is really good already outside of secondary shot creation, Ayton isn't worth the farm or the max he wants. At least not for our team, we need some hard nosed defense, and Clint can provide.

It's a hard choice, but I think I'd perhaps to JC for Ayton in a swap if contracts were the same, but Clint for near max Ayton? Nah 

They don't want JC. They want Clint.

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Yeah I know, I just don't wanna give up Clint if it's for a max Ayton, was saying I'd do JC for Ayton straight up if they were on the same $25 mil 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

we are getting together for a scrubs game! That’s a forgone conclusion no doubt.

What's this scrubs game? Dishwashing competition, or Squawk pickup game? Either way I'm down, bay area weather got me loving outside. 

Feel bad for all my GA fam, weather seems crazy lol 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Kobie Drew said:

Thank y’all for the welcome. I ain’t even gonna lie I’ve been lurking these chats for the past month or so. I’m just a huge hawks fan who found the right page. That being said I like capela but would easily rather have ayton. But I’ve been having to ask myself a tough question and maybe you guys can chime in and help. But how much of an upgrade is ayton really? And what all besides CC would you be willing to give up for him? 

Welcome @Kobie Drew

Let me take a swipe.

Ayton is an offense upgrade to Capela.  I have watched Big men and studied Big's games for a long time. Offensively, Ayton's feetwork put you in the mind of Hakeem.  He has range to midrange like Embiid.   Embiid is actually a lot better at both the midrange and the post but that's not what we're talking about.   

Defensively... Ayton is lazy.  He takes plays off.  He doesn't help with Team defense.  If he applied himself, his rebounds can be Gobert like and his defense could be a shade under Capela.  But he doesn't.

Lots of fans of moving Capela will try to say that Ayton is right there with Capela on defense but that's not true at all.   He's not the team defensive player nor does he have the anticipation like Capela.  Capela is a defensive captain.  The times that Ayton were good on defense ie because CP3 told him exactly where to go.   CP3 more than Anybody would want Capela instead of Ayton because he knows that Capela would make their defense top flight.  CP3 + Bridges + Capela...  Probably top 3 defense in the league.  Ayton doesn't care enough to do that. 

In a trade, I would give them nothing more than Capela and I would be willing to bet that they would take it.

THE PROBLEMS.

Aside from Ayton not wanting to play defense all the time...

I doubt that Ayton would want to be a PNR guy.  I can see him refusing to play PNR.  I guess this would open the door for 1-4 PNR with Ayton playing more in the midrange.   I suspect if we get Ayton, Collins would be more of a feature on offense.   

The Outcome...

Nobody talks about it... but we were a top offense in the league this year.  Our problem was defensive play on the perimeter.  CC is a partner in helping defend the wing.. Ayton wont be.  I think we'd take some losses with Ayton.  BUt he is younger and bigger.. but you will also piss off Trae.  So I can't see good coming from this deal. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Clint for Ayton is the trade that makes sense.

It makes cap sense (JC doesn't because of BYC rules).

It makes basketball sense (you can't play Clint and Ayton together but JC and Ayton work just fine; for Phoenix they will need someone to replace Ayton at C and JC is too small to fill that role).

The key questions are really whether Atlanta and Ayton can agree on price and whether Atlanta / Phoenix prefer this to other options (like keeping Capela or dealing for someone else).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

How much leverage do they have compared to Ayton?  Can he walk for nothing?  Is there another team with space willing to sign him?  It may or may not matter what Phx wants.  

They tender him so he can come back but CP3 and Monty don't want him back

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, ABH said:

I been lurking for years !!

Welcome into the room! lol Glad to see more lurkers popping in officially.  I joined back in 03/04 after lurking here for a couple of years.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I got more, Atlanta likes him at 4/100 which is the same as JCs. This is higher than his real market value but not a massive overpay like JC. 

New York and Murray. 

I was told NY made a significant offer including Cam Reddish and Randle in a package deal with SA. SA is not interested in Randle at all and Randle market is give us two 1sts for him status around the league. 

That said, that's the only bit of detail I got outside of this. They even offered Evan and Cam and some picks. 

The Spurs seem like they are playing themselves if you ask me but I don't have the full picture as SA has closed ranks. Everything he got is from NY side and you know, it can be a tad bias to the boys in Manhattan. 

I eluded to a deal like this yesterday but you laughed at me 😢

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, akay said:

Does anyone know when Gallos contract has to have a decision made by? Is it 5pm est? 

My guess is Gallo is connected to Murray. If that show drops. We know we are out of that race.