• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

9 hours ago, Diesel said:

Pull is powerful.   Let's think about Trae's Pull within the organization:

1.  Got the organization to go out and get Murray.

2.   Got the organization to not trade Clint. 

3 Got the organization to find a trade for JC?

Either way you slice it, Pull is a very powerful thing.  We are now crafting Trae's team. 

I hope to God you're wrong. Nothing is worse than having your star player be de facto GM. Trae hasn't won multiple titles or anything. Should the Wizards let Bradley Beal be the GM? Come on, this is absurd.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

Now that I'm caught up I'm realizing how great it is to relish in the news.  This is almost better than the initial reaction because you can reflect on how meaningful this transaction is.

To Sothron's point Trae successfully recruited a guy, wow.  Now we got momentum on this front.  The old guard NBA stars has to be taking note.  There could be serious and amazing trickle down impact in the coming weeks, but also years.  In some ways this is the biggest win in decades for us.  

Trace the Luka trade back now.  Yes, we got an asset to help us land Murray, but look at this another way.  Because Cam disappointed the Knicks, they are desperately trying to throw everything at Brunson which would leave Dallas in a bind.  So all these years later the asset is a boon to us, but a detriment to Dallas.  It becomes Trae plus Murray vs. Luka minus Brunson.  How do you like dem apples?

There's more.  I see another layer of importance to this move; keeping Trae on board, motivated and engaged.  If it's true that we slightly overpaid for Murray, it may have been necessary to pay it and keep Trae but also get the most out of him.  That pressure from Trae and his father to get him some help is gone.  Imagine if after striking out at the trade deadline, striking out again this off season.  Tony Ressler hates losing, but so do the Youngs.  This could have got ugly, but it's all a celebration now.  

See sturt, I can be long winded, too.  Got more to say at the moment.  

Very good post.

1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

He makes a good living being the heel.  It's kind of smart in a way because he wouldn't be on TV otherwise.  It's no different than the top pro wrestlers who make the crowd angry and bring them to their feet.  He and the producers know it's scripted, but some fans don't realize that it's fake like wrestling.  They just want clicks.  

I stopped watching the "dumb down the public" antics of First Take and Undisputed years ago. Scripted trash.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

So is Delon officially OUT for the Hawks?  We have his Bird Rights so I figured they can still circle back around to him if they are OK with the huge tax bill.  

If the objective is to be 'a better' team overall, I don't think Cooper will be the slotted as the backup PG even with the Murray trade.  You still need good vets on this team.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

then there was no need to tag me 3 times in one post.

I tagged you so that you were aware on what I was saying to the other guy.  If I said I have no beef with you, believe me, I don't.  Did I once ever get upset with you in the thread that I mentioned and take it personal? No.  This is a basketball board.  I took exception to that poster trying to make it something personal which was wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

In 2 years

Trae $41 mil

Ayton $36 mil

Murray max $40 mil plus

Okongwu has to be paid

Hunter will still be on the team at $20 mil plus

How can you do it?

Atlanta like Ayton that 25 million range. 

The cap is going up a lot and the new TV deal is coming. The NBA also looking at adding teams. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If the objective is to be 'a better' team overall, I don't think Cooper will be the slotted as the backup PG even with the Murray trade.  You still need good vets on this team.

Murray will be the back up point guard

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The cap is going up a lot and the new TV deal is coming. The NBA also looking at adding teams. 

That ain't happening

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Thats the second time I've seen that (adding new teams).  What markets are they looking at?