The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member

Ben Simmons is Medusa. It cannot be said enough. Nice to look at from afar, but them are snakes, and those eyes will turn you to a rock. I cannot imagine a worse trade idea than one that would bring Ben to the Hawks, and it could be as little as Sherife Cooper sent to BRK. It's insanity. The best way I can make sense of it is the owner, too, loves the limelight and shiny new toys, and it doesn't really matter. He just wants what he wants. He's been the owner just long enough now, and having sat in on FO meetings, to believe he has a credible voice. I don't know that. I just suspect it.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Will Ben accept that role? You know he has a max deal right?

He was going to play PF at BK this year. He will be a PF/C for us. So will OO. I don't see the difference between this and what he was going to do in BK this year. If anything he will get more scoring opportunities with the Hawks if he wants them.

5 minutes ago, GameTime said:

He was going to play PF at BK this year. He will be a PF/C for us. So will OO. I don't see the difference between this and what he was going to do in BK this year. If anything he will get more scoring opportunities with the Hawks if he wants them.

You can find a way to use Simmons.  Its that salary that would make me hesitate.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

he has lost so much value.  

If JC has lost so much value, he's not gonna get traded.

TS isn't just gonna trade him for nothing, so either keep JC, or we upgrade. Those are our current timelines from what I can tell

1 minute ago, GameTime said:

I do believe Schlenk and Trae would try to sell it to Simmons on the “positionless basketball era” ….in other words tell him that center position in the nba doesn’t exist anymore or the difference between guard positions. I can see Schlenk saying that the depth chart in Atlanta would read as….

Guard, Guard, Forward, Forward, Forward

Trae, Murray, Hunter, ????, Simmons

Just now, akay said:

If JC has lost so much value, he's not gonna get traded.

TS isn't just gonna trade him for nothing, so either keep JC, or we upgrade. Those are our current timelines from what I can tell

I hope you right. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, DawsonsCreek said:

Kuzma is bad you guys. No.

Kuzma is definitely an ok player. He's solid, nothing special, not worth JC in a straight up trade

• Like 1

Just now, JTB said:

I do believe Schlenk and Trae would try to sell it to Simmons on the “positionless basketball era” ….in other words tell him that center position in the nba doesn’t exist anymore or the difference between guard positions. I can see Schlenk saying that the depth chart in Atlanta would read as….

Guard, Guard, Forward, Forward, Forward

Trae, Murray, Hunter, ????, Simmons

Put OO in there and we are the worst shooting team in the NBA.  Teams will just pack the paint on us.  Trae will lose much of his effectiveness without shooters to spread the floor.

• Like 1

It’s very clear that TS sees Simmons as his Draymond green type player but a better version. The fact that Trae loves the move too makes me think Simmons is being targeted just as much as KD if not more.

im expecting a hard push for Simmons now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I dunno... I know Supes is upset that SpursTalk dragged him but Carmichael isn't much better (low grade non-source). Maybe the WIZ-ARDS want us to take their trash out?

Edited by theheroatl

1 minute ago, AtLaS said:

Put OO in there and we are the worst shooting team in the NBA.  Teams will just pack the paint on us.  Trae will lose much of his effectiveness without shooters to spread the floor.

Honestly I think OO will develop a jumper as time goes on but the plan that I thought was the plan was to get Ayton to keep the floor somewhat spreaded.

I honestly don’t believe OO and Simmons will start but I wouldn’t rule it out either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

I dunno... I know Supes is upset that SpursTalk dragged him but Carmichael isn't much better (low grade non-source). Maybe the WIZ-ARDS want us to take their trash out?

Both rosters players stink. Rui is decent that’s about it saltines don’t match.

• Like 1