• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Media Manipulation? (Long)

TRW

8 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Do you agree or not? 

No I don't agree with that opinion. But one person's hot take is not an indictment on the media, and it's not clear that this even came from a reputable media member. 

Edited by bleachkit

Just now, bleachkit said:

No I don't agree with that opinion. But one person's hot take is not an indictment on the media, and it's not clear that this even came from a reputable media member. 

Then maybe it would have been better for you to say that instead of calling us all homers and acting like you're better than the average fan.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Then maybe it would have been better for you to say that instead of calling us all homers and acting like you're better than the average fan

Can you be a fan without clinging to the assertion that media has it in for the Hawks? I have seen this theme time and time again. Let go of the victimhood. 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Can you be a fan without clinging to the assertion that media has it in for the Hawks? I have seen this theme time and time again. Let go of the victimhood. 

Don't forget about the refs!

24 minutes ago, AHF said:

The people shoved into the spotlight are the ones who generate attention rather than insight and thoughtfulness.

:huh: What do you mean?

image.gif.782d83f284529ee400a0f54acda73e0c.gif

25 minutes ago, AHF said:

Firing David Aldridge to bring in Stephen A Smith is emblematic of this to me.  

😂 saw this 2 seconds later. 😂 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member

Back before the press had virtue.  This press is more about shock value and ratings and being the news than about virtue and truth.  For that reason, I suggest that these offseason awards be taking away from the press.   I think players ought to vote for their choice of MVP, ALL NBA, and Coach of the year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Back before the press had virtue.  This press is more about shock value and ratings and being the news than about virtue and truth.  For that reason, I suggest that these offseason awards be taking away from the press.   I think players ought to vote for their choice of MVP, ALL NBA, and Coach of the year. 

Players voting is worse.  I just think they shouldn't tie money and legacy to awards anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1