• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022-23 NBA Season Has Officially Started: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

That was weird. They gave the ball to the Warriors then pointed a timeout for the Mavs. My question is why weren’t the Mavs at least lined up on DEFENSE OR OFFENSE, like why weren’t they on the court? I don’t get what happened. Strange.

Either way, the refs really stink. 

I rarely complain about refs or calls in the last 40 years but this is horrible. I honestly think Adam Silver thinks it’s extra drama, I hate that dude.

exactly.   they were all on the other end.   I can't see complaining that it was supposed to be your ball when no one went to inbound it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

That was weird. They gave the ball to the Warriors then pointed a timeout for the Mavs. My question is why weren’t the Mavs at least lined up on DEFENSE OR OFFENSE, like why weren’t they on the court? I don’t get what happened. Strange.

I rarely complain about refs or calls in the last 40 years but this is horrible. I honestly think Adam Silver thinks it’s extra drama, I hate that dude.

They had a glorious brain fart of epic proportions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Although, once they saw the mavs were on the wrong side of the floor, the refs probably should've taken a sec to say "Aye, it's their ball down here."  They're not required to do so.

Plus, the mavs saw where it went out.  And it sure wasn't on the other end of the floor.  Blame is on them.  This looked like DAL tryna big-boy the refs like, "I know it's our ball so we gonna stay down here."  And it backfired.

To be clear, the refs suck.  But this wasn't their fault.  Adam Sliver's NBA folks.  Trash commissioner.  I'm cool with being in on all the social initiatives, but that ain't his job.  I feel like he's too focused on that end of things, to the absolute and total detriment of the product.

And, don't get me wrong, I truly GAF about players' mental health and empowerment.  But if you put too much focus on that, you lose sight of why we (the fans that are footing the bill) are here.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

This looked like DAL tryna big-boy the refs like, "I know it's our ball so we gonna stay down here."  And it backfired.

Texas schwag, doesn’t work anywhere outside of Texas.. not even there sometimes. We can bash States here right? 

• Like 1

@kg01 whatchu think about the Don? The true Don in Mitch Cav land. 

A couple guys that I slept on as a Hawks fan and looked for reasons not to acquire them and somewhat rethinking/regretting.

1. Jrue Holiday. Always thought he didn’t have IT for whatever reason. I remember a few dudes on FakeGM asking why I didn’t want him a few years back I’m not sure what I responded to that.

2. Don Mitch. Too short to have next to Trae… that’s what I thought. I dunno anymore. I forget dude is that short I always think he’s like 6’4” and he plays like he’s 6’6”. Oh, and the defense thing. TBD though I’m gonna wait till the playoffs Dejounte could still outshine him.

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

@kg01 whatchu think about the Don? The true Don in Mitch Cav land. 

A couple guys that I slept on as a Hawks fan and looked for reasons not to acquire them and somewhat rethinking/regretting.

1. Jrue Holiday. Always thought he didn’t have IT for whatever reason. I remember a few dudes on FakeGM asking why I didn’t want him a few years back I’m not sure what I responded to that.

2. Don Mitch. Too short to have next to Trae… that’s what I thought. I dunno anymore. I forget dude is that short I always think he’s like 6’4” and he plays like he’s 6’6”. Oh, and the defense thing. TBD though I’m gonna wait till the playoffs Dejounte could still outshine him.

I think most of us wanted Jrue to put next to Trae, just didn't like the cost.

On Mitchell, eh you ain't wrong.  He would've been the better add for us.  But I do want to see how things go for them in the playoffs too. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Do I wanna watch this, burd?  Is the info worth the 6 seconds I can stand having Shams on my screen before I start throwing rocks at it?  Have you ever tried to hit a smartphone screen with a rock?  Not easy.