• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022-23 NBA Season Has Officially Started: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

11 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

One of my top choices for us.

Early in his career you could see it, I don’t know what the holdup is.  Maybe him and Doc have just grown to be super tight and joined at the hip now.  One of the most communicative rookies/ sophomores I’d ever seen.  But then again he did look like he was about 50 as a rookie lol.

• Haha 1

Ooh boy @shakes, I got one for ya today.

Kam and AD update on your fav Ja...

Kamla: My level of concern with Ja is very low.

AD: I just don't see a reason to have a high level of concern.

I guess they wanna wait for him to kill somebody before they raise an eyebrow?

:shoulder-shrug emoji

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Early in his career you could see it, I don’t know what the holdup is.  Maybe him and Doc have just grown to be super tight and joined at the hip now.  One of the most communicative rookies/ sophomores I’d ever seen.  But then again he did look like he was about 50 as a rookie lol.

Yes the alien 👽 ET. He was one of the older lookin rooks and came and straight vetted the Rocket 🚀 to a couple championships. Floor general and saw the game very well as a baller early on and I think it will equate to the coaching. Ya him, Greg Oden, Pippen, Yinka Dare, they all looked 40 before 25. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Yes the alien 👽 ET. He was one of the older lookin rooks and came and straight vetted the Rocket 🚀 to a couple championships. Floor general and saw the game very well as a baller early on and I think it will equate to the coaching. Ya him, Greg Oden, Pippen, Yinka Dare, they all looked 40 before 25. 

I didn’t know how Yinka Dare looked so I did a bing image search, my default internet browser.  My safe search feature is off (I’m sure yours is too) so I’ll just leave it at that lol.  

I’m sure you wouldn’t bat an eye if you saw Greg Oden rocking an argyle sweater vest, the Velcro two strap joints, and an oxygen tank by now.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

Tell them how you really feel FVV! :laugh1:

After being asked about the calls in the recent games, VanVleet initial said it's on the Raptors then paused before responding, “I don't mind, I’ll take a fine, I don’t really care.”

VanVleet then stayed calm and poised, but didn't hold back with his thoughts.

“I thought Ben Taylor was f-----g terrible tonight,” VanVleet said. “I think that most nights, you know out of the three [referees] there’s one or two that just f--k the game up. It’s been like that a couple of games in a row. Denver was tough, obviously.”

VanVleet tried to be measured and fair, but continued by saying, “Most of the refs are trying hard, I like a lot of the refs, they’re trying hard, they’re pretty fair, and communicate well. And then you got the other ones who just want to be d--s and just kind of f--k up the game. And no one’s coming to see that s--t. They come to see the players. And I think we're losing a little bit of the fabric of what the NBA is and was and it's been disappointing this season. You can look it up: Most of my techs this year have been with Ben Taylor officiating. So at a certain point as a player you feel it’s personal and it's never a good place to be.”

How big is his fine going to be?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

Dame Lillard 2 days ago:

"I feel like this was the worst officiating crew we’ve had all season," said Lillard, who was sporting a visible knot on his forehead after their win at at Little Caesars Arena.

Lillard said Pistons defenders were "reaching in, not in legal guarding position" and that he finished the game with a "knot on my head, knee bleeding, elbow bleeding."

"I'm telling (the referees) that we're playing to try to be in the postseason and we're putting our best effort out there and you're looking at me like I'm crazy when somebody is smacking me in the face or hitting me in the arm," Lillard said. "And when we respond wrong, you want to tee somebody up. It was bad, man."

You know teams are going to try their hardest to stop you. They are going to be physical. They are going to give you attention," Lillard said. "When I have the ball in my hands as much as I do, its impossible for me to go three quarters and not go to the line when I’m attacking. That’s when it gets frustrating.""You know teams are going to try their hardest to stop you. They are going to be physical. They are going to give you attention," Lillard said. "When I have the ball in my hands as much as I do, its impossible for me to go three quarters and not go to the line when I’m attacking. That’s when it gets frustrating.""You know teams are going to try their hardest to stop you. They are going to be physical. They are going to give you attention," Lillard said. "When I have the ball in my hands as much as I do, its impossible for me to go three quarters and not go to the line when I’m attacking. That’s when it gets frustrating."Lillard said Pistons defenders were "reaching in, not in legal guarding position" and that he finished the game with a "knot on my head, knee bleeding, elbow bleeding."

"I'm telling (the referees) that we're playing to try to be in the postseason and we're putting our best effort out there and you're looking at me like I'm crazy when somebody is smacking me in the face or hitting me in the arm," Lillard said. "And when we respond wrong, you want to tee somebody up. It was bad, man."

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Tell them how you really feel FVV! :laugh1:

How big is his fine going to be?

Should be yuge.  FVV gets too big for his britches, imho.  Who is he to be targeted by a ref?

That said, he ain't wrong.  Some-a these new refs are .... well let's just say they're trying to get better. 🤓

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Should be yuge.  FVV gets too big for his britches, imho.  Who is he to be targeted by a ref?

That said, he ain't wrong.  Some-a these new refs are .... well let's just say they're trying to get better. 🤓

He's had 8 techs this year...5 by Ben Taylor.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Let me know when this technology can call all the moving screens that Miami us allowed to get away with.

NBA using Hawk-eye technology, so-named as it will primarily be used to find more opportunities to screw the Hawks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Let me know when this technology can call all the moving screens that Miami us allowed to get away with.

All for this! I'm also completely on board with AI refs replacing human refs in the future, but only if (pipe dream):

1. Biased-parties (anyone financially tied to the league or its games [including the association]) do not control the AI and it is managed/monitored by a non-partisan 3rd party.
  2. AI performances/settings are recorded and transparent to the public (like settings in a video game). For example, fans/players will know how much contact would be allowed before a foul is called. 
  3. AI ref calls are universal across all teams/games/players. Allow for true superstars to shine.

Surely refs would use AI as a tool at first. However I believe as AI gets smarter/more accurate, it'll quickly highlight how poorly refs call games and AI refs will be welcomed with open arms to all that value the NBA as a sport and not as entertainment. Unfortunately, as long as the NBA can ride the entertainment cash cow (money is king), they likely won't allow the game to be pure until the product is so far degraded that fans have lost all trust/interest in it and all financially-beneficial parties start to see a negative impact in their profit margins.

As a side note, basketball is my favorite sport and I love the NBA, but I hate its current product. Do you think more or less fans across the league would watch/enjoy games that were called more fairly? I know I'd certainly watch/enjoy more.

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Shawn Kemp out here sliding on opps allegedly. What kinda world we living in?  Mfers fighting WW2 style and sh!t I’m done 

I've seen no evidence this wasn't Morant in a Kemp jersey tryna get moar street cred. 

• Haha 2

Just now, kg01 said:

Thanks but ... man where's that gif from.  Must be a movie I never seen. 

I SWEAR TO… not on a day where I just want a foot rub ok cagey! :huh: Huerter>

image.gif.c10910d6a5402f2e228aeaf74125943b.gif

Go Kangzzzzz!! Doin it for 91 Spud baby!

• Haha 1