• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022-23 NBA Season Has Officially Started: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

17 minutes ago, sturt said:

I'm not his boss. Nor anyone else's. Free country. But what the shallow people don't get is that taking advantage of your rights in a way that pisses and poops on others is its own reflection on the shallow people, as it should be. Free country does have consequences. People sometimes make it pretty easy for others to be a judge of character. Society is better because people aspire to not be shallow. As someone famous (?) once said, "I don't make the rules, I just know what they are, and don't pretend they don't exist."

At the risk of betraying my laissez faire personna, I must say this is the most salient post you've made maybe ever.

20 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

One thing other NBA superstars could learn from Giannis. Being positive, being likeable goes a long way with fans. Constantly claiming to be the victim, claiming to be disrespected, claiming to have gotten a raw deal, it becomes old and stale after awhile. Try being more like Giannis. 

I dont agree with your specifics w.r.t. the victim-playing stuff, but I think we agree that there needs to be a massive increase in self-awareness among nba players.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

At the risk of betraying my laissez faire personna, I must say this is the most salient post you've made maybe ever.

Yikes.

Should I be concerned about my coherence? And/or maybe about my competence? Because it feels like maybe I should be concerned now. 😄

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, sturt said:

2023-02-28_10-42-12.png

2023-02-28_10-42-55.png2023-02-28_10-42-55.png2023-02-28_10-42-55.png

That’s all I need to hear to know we are in good hands. 

You need someone with vision, and who can see beyond the here and now.

Jalen has game. Just find a way for him to contribute little by little as he puts it together and you may look up one day at a dang good NBA player that helps you win games.

If everyone on the roster just gets marginally better by Quinn being here, you are talking about a top 4 team in the East. No overhaul, no rebuilding. The pieces are already here in more places than what the lazy outsiders care to research and talk about.

• Like 3

On 2/27/2023 at 6:40 PM, kg01 said:

Lets play a game of 'who am I'.

Just heard on nbaradio, from @Spud2nique guy Sam Mitchell:

"If I have a bad team, I take (this player) because he's gonna keep fan interest.  Hes gonna put up some numbers.  He's gonna win me some games but he's not gonna win you a championship."

Who was he talking about?

Hint: Rhymes with Duka Loncic

😲

Westbrook?

• Premium Member

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/the-atlanta-hawks-have-a-trae-young-problem-quin-snyder-is-there-to-fix-it-one-way-or-the-other/

Interesting article.  Some musings of what I have been wondering myself -- was Quin convinced to come now to assess key roster decisions -- including if Trae is a part of the teams future.

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

LAL is screwed with James being out.  Good thing they have another top 75 all time guy on the roster to carry the load while he's .....

Ah, nevermind, he ded.

LOL.  A few thoughts here though

- Man do i not want AD.  I know he's good but is he though at this point when you add all the missed games?

- JJJ is way better than i thought he'd be (yeah i know a lot of you KNEW he would be.  i get it)

- Not that i want them to call it because that's exciting as hell but that's a foul.  Pushed on AD's shoulder to elevate like that.   I mean that would be a flag on an attempted field goal in the nfl. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, kg01 said:

LAL is screwed with James being out.  Good thing they have another top 75 all time guy on the roster to carry the load while he's .....

Ah, nevermind, he ded.

• Haha 4

• Premium Member

Dude, :blanky:

New allegations against Ja Morant, including punching teenager, brandishing gun at him

Last summer, in an encounter that has not been previously reported, the head of security at a Memphis mall told police that Ja Morant “threatened” him during an altercation in the parking lot, leaving him alarmed enough that he filed a police report. A member of Morant’s group shoved the director in the head, he told police. No arrests were made, records show.

via Washington Post
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I had no idea when I posted that....

😉

25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Dude, :blanky:

New allegations against Ja Morant, including punching teenager, brandishing gun at him

Last summer, in an encounter that has not been previously reported, the head of security at a Memphis mall told police that Ja Morant “threatened” him during an altercation in the parking lot, leaving him alarmed enough that he filed a police report. A member of Morant’s group shoved the director in the head, he told police. No arrests were made, records show.

via Washington Post

Suburban pseudo-thug strikes again.  He's gonna end up in a situation he won't be able to take back.  Somebody's gotta get ahold of him before it's too late. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/the-atlanta-hawks-have-a-trae-young-problem-quin-snyder-is-there-to-fix-it-one-way-or-the-other/

Interesting article.  Some musings of what I have been wondering myself -- was Quin convinced to come now to assess key roster decisions -- including if Trae is a part of the teams future.

This can go sooo many ways.  I wanted Quinn in Atlanta because he has the cache to determine if the Hawks are gonna keep or trade Young.  The article verifies that.  What I'm surprised about, and really shouldn't be surprised about because I did question it, is how Fields didn't want Synder.  Makes sense because the way the power dynamics are being reported, what exactly is Fields job if the Resslers and Korver are as big in conversation as they are? Now you add Synder to the dynamics. I guarantee you if Synder says Trae has to go, its gonna be Atlanta Spirit 2.0 lmao

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1