• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022-23 NBA Season Has Officially Started: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

I'm ok with this.

NBA, NBPA in talks to establish minimum games required to win postseason awards

The NBA and the National Basketball Players Association have held talks about tying the league’s postseason awards to how many games players appear in during the course of that season, sources with knowledge of the talks told The Athletic. Those discussions have come during the current collective bargaining agreement negotiations between the two sides.

– via Mike Vorkunov @ The Athletic

Top Rumors, Awards, CBA, CBA Talks, Load Management, NBPA

The possibility of tethering awards to appearances would not only have an impact on who gets recognized by the league, with its most prestigious honors serving as an incentive structure, but it would also be an attempt by the NBA to solve one of its most nettlesome issues — load management. The league has sought ways to get its best players to play more games in recent years as the practice of limiting time on the court has increased.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm ok with this.

The NBA and the National Basketball Players Association have held talks about tying the league’s postseason awards to how many games players appear in during the course of that season, sources with knowledge of the talks told The Athletic. Those discussions have come during the current collective bargaining agreement negotiations between the two sides.

The possibility of tethering awards to appearances would not only have an impact on who gets recognized by the league, with its most prestigious honors serving as an incentive structure, but it would also be an attempt by the NBA to solve one of its most nettlesome issues — load management. The league has sought ways to get its best players to play more games in recent years as the practice of limiting time on the court has increased.

And they should also start using totals instead of averages for league leaders.

• Like 2

• Moderators
15 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm ok with this.

Depends where they draw the line.  Nobody gets all-nba or anything playing 40 games.  So where do you put that cutoff?  60 games?  70 games?  I can see some high emotions with this from the Union.

• Like 1

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Sothron said:

I wish we could have kept Kevin and traded Bogi but no one wanted Bogi when that trade happened with Kevin. Tony Ressler's refusal to pay the LT when a full third of the NBA *IS* paying the LT really hurt us. We simply can't afford any injuries to our starters literally ANY OF THEM without it exposing the bench's inability to play defense. 

Here's the thing though.  We could have kept Kevin and very easily have traded Bogi at the deadline.   Only reason we didn't trade him is we needed him.  But with Kevin and AJ here we wouldn't have.   So not only are we avoiding the LT, we are avoiding even the possibility of it no matter how small.   

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Here's the thing though.  We could have kept Kevin and very easily have traded Bogi at the deadline.   Only reason we didn't trade him is we needed him.  But with Kevin and AJ here we wouldn't have.   So not only are we avoiding the LT, we are avoiding even the possibility of it no matter how small.   

This exactly. They made the determination to not pay the tax before even playing one game. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This exactly. They made the determination to not pay the tax before even playing one game. 

And they even went a step further.  They could have avoided the tax by trading Bogi in a cap saving deal but there was uncertainty about what that would look like since he was hurt to start the year.  So they wanted to be so sure they would not pay the tax that they locked in the deal with Huerter right then and there when they could have done a deal to get under the cap at any point this season.  I.e., they were willing to dump that much talent to have absolute certainty on this issue rather than take a risk balanced approach where they make the deal during the season based on how the season progressed.  I'd be pretty certain to say if Huerter played this year like he did in Sacramento that we would have been better and we could have actually gotten a better return if we decided to trade him at the deadline.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

He's so right about that.  Here come Perk!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=16015849

:laugh1: Pick up ball a few years back I got hit by a dude size of Perk, shouldn’t have been playing basketball. Think a bigger uncoordinated Tractor 🚜 Traylor.. (traded for Dirk f the Mavs doh) on the loose in the open court Lebron’d me in the chest plate, no joke it cracked through my back, couldn’t breath normal for 2 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

:laugh1: Pick up ball a few years back I got hit by a dude size of Perk, shouldn’t have been playing basketball. Think a bigger uncoordinated Tractor 🚜 Traylor.. (traded for Dirk f the Mavs doh) on the loose in the open court Lebron’d me in the chest plate, no joke it cracked through my back, couldn’t breath normal for 2 weeks.

bet you didn't try your 'too tall' with him :laugh1:.  That still makes me giggle imagining you too talling a dude. lololololol.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

bet you didn't try your 'too tall' with him :laugh1:.  That still makes me giggle imagining you too talling a dude. lololololol.

:laugh1: Oh hewwwwllll nah that dude was looking to throw his body around everywhere at everyone. He needed a hug :er:

Then this other dude who looked like one of the classic bball characters from the 80’s lil bald fast dude (think Jerome Junkyard dog) Williams of the Pistons but shorter…

Loose ball im going for it and dude slides like the cable guy head first at my knees trying to make a play.. I bunny hopped to avoid and looked back at him like wtffffff it’s pickup and YOU AINT AUPPOSE TO DO DAT!! Dummy didn’t even know it happened. :huh: I’m like… umm :er:

BASKETBALL ETIQUETTE!

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Anybody wanna see @JayBirdHawk crack a guilty smile?  Stay tuned ...

Her all-time favorite punch-face, Alan Anderson, just got sent to the hole .....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/two-ex-nba-players-sentenced-to-prison-for-their-roles-in-4m-fraudulent-benefits-scheme-231418474.html

Screenshot_20230218_191454_Gallery.jpg

• Haha 3