2022-23 NBA Season Has Officially Started: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, marco102 said:

LOL seems like everyone ignores all of this when they are winning. 

Maybe this is a league wide problem, though. 

Hawks always seem to have a clock management problem, soooo........don't want anyone digging into those Shenanigans 😆 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

LOL seems like everyone ignores all of this when they are winning. 

Maybe this is a league wide problem, though. 

We're gonna look back on this year and realize the Grizzlies are literally a made up team.  Not figuratively.  Like there's not even a team in Tennessee.  Everything about them is manufactured.  It's all made up.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We're gonna look back on this year and realize the Grizzlies are literally a made up team.  Not figuratively.  Like there's not even a team in Tennessee.  Everything about them is manufactured.  It's all made up.

I never thought I could despise a team I semi-rooted for before. 

Maybe it's the Ja vs Trae debate that has me hating them?....Yeah, it is!..lol

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, marco102 said:

I never thought I could despise a team I semi-rooted for before. 

Maybe it's the Ja vs Trae debate that has me hating them?....Yeah, it is!..lol

Memphis is a team that is feeling themselves for no reason.  The other day, I found a new reason to not like Ja.

They were talking about Steven Adams protecting Ja... and Ja said "As he Should".   Like a little girl.

I don't understand the mathematics of Ja believing that Steven Adams is his own personal bodyguard.   He said "I would do the same for him"...  I don't see it.  It's just another case of a pampered individual...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Memphis is a team that is feeling themselves for no reason.  The other day, I found a new reason to not like Ja.

They were talking about Steven Adams protecting Ja... and Ja said "As he Should".   Like a little girl.

I don't understand the mathematics of Ja believing that Steven Adams is his own personal bodyguard.   He said "I would do the same for him"...  I don't see it.  It's just another case of a pampered individual...

In fairness, the big man is supposed to protect his guard.

• Premium Member
Just now, marco102 said:

In fairness, the big man is supposed to protect his guard.

Adams is not a bodyguard.   Ja should have been thankful and glad to have Adams as a teammate. 

Steph Curry doesn't say that Draymond should take up his fights. 

Trae didn't say that Solomon Hill should take up his fights.

It's unstated but the smaller guy should be appreciative and not "as he should"... sounds like a woman.

Trae had no expectation that Hill would take up his fight.   

Whereas as soon a Ja saw Adams on the scene, he wants to push the ball in Bradley's face like a little girl..

Ja has bitchlike ways. 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
On 1/28/2023 at 11:01 AM, Diesel said:

LOL this is such a stupid take.

Star players should always be protected by their tough teammates.  Last thing you want is your star getting baited into a physical confrontation and possibly ejected.

Ja's awesome.  You guys who don't like him are just haters.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, shakes said:

LOL this is such a stupid take.

Star players should always be protected by their tough teammates.  Last thing you want is your star getting baited into a physical confrontation and possibly ejected.

Ja's awesome.  You guys who don't like him are just haters.

I've got nothing against Ja.  I just don't like the overrating of him by well almost everyone.   Folks saying he should be in the mvp conversation and then in the next sentence say Trae is playing poorly this year.  

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, macdaddy said:

I've got nothing against Ja.  I just don't like the overrating of him by well almost everyone.   Folks saying he should be in the mvp conversation and then in the next sentence say Trae is playing poorly this year.  

image.png

I totally agree with that and when I wasn't banned at RGM I was always posting how Trae was better than Ja despite RGM rating him about 10 places lower in the total league.

But that's not Ja's fault.  Unless he posts at RGM...

Ripping on Ja because he said his big massive tough guy center was doing his job when he stuck up for Ja is beyond silly and idiotic.

3 minutes ago, shakes said:

Ripping on Ja because he said his big massive tough guy center was doing his job when he stuck up for Ja is beyond silly and idiotic.

Im not the one who was ripping him, but it was definitely a silly, fake tough guy moment.