• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022-23 NBA Season Has Officially Started: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

20 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Doesn’t even matter (until the playoffs). He still drives that team with JJJ:3498FC3F-5DA7-47AF-BC59-D03157CCE2CB.thumb.jpeg.cba401202dcfe55b2f8f7ae77ca3ca4f.jpeg

Bane showing out too though.

No surprise in Shannon’s little statement he made no mention of Steve lol.

Here’s Steve’s on/ off for his career:78FFA86C-FDEA-49AD-909F-8D7AA5411B26.thumb.jpeg.16bae75b22c5f792338c6edefd218557.jpeg

Most people don’t know he was nearly as important to OKC as Westbrook tearing up and down the floor like a madman redefining and cheapening the triple double.  My man straight dogged it to get out of New Orleans though lol.

His fit with their lack of shooting and playmaking drove him out of NO

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, marco102 said:

Here it is again. 

If we can put in some effort on defense and play strong defenses in stretches, rebound the ball, and stop turning the ball over like we don't want it.... we will be able to beat most teams.  The Numbers are not lying. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Here it is again. 

If we can put in some effort on defense and play strong defenses in stretches, rebound the ball, and stop turning the ball over like we don't want it.... we will be able to beat most teams.  The Numbers are not lying. 

That's a lot of ifs. The Hawks can't seem to do any of those things consistently enough. I'm not sure of the last time they played a "complete" game where they were hitting on all cylinders. Even during the winning streak they had issues. I know as fans we see every flaw, but these guys are doing things good teams don't do. The 4th quarter execution still looks like the "tank" seasons. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, hawkman said:

That's a lot of ifs. The Hawks can't seem to do any of those things consistently enough. I'm not sure of the last time they played a "complete" game where they were hitting on all cylinders. Even during the winning streak they had issues. I know as fans we see every flaw, but these guys are doing things good teams don't do. The 4th quarter execution still looks like the "tank" seasons. 

If the Hawks have a consistent effort and energy (the things they can control themselves) -that would go along way with consistency.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, hawkman said:

I would say... a lot of our issues now is more mental focus and energy related than talent related.   That's the problem.   We definitely have the talent to do what we seek to do...  but we're a tired team.  Tired makes you lazy.  Lazy makes you make bad passes and look for the refs to bail you out.   Tired and Lazy makes you not box out everytime. 

It's unfortunate, that the one time in the last three weeks where we get 2 days to rest.. that we have to come back to a healhty Clipper team.  Even though this game is in Atlanta, right now, the Clipps are dangerous.  But I'm looking forward to seeing how we play with more rest. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is impressive - it's hard to win on the road.  We just need to stop losing to the worse teams.

Glad to see them getting back to this.  This is what made that ECF run so special.  That team had no fear of going into a hostile environment and shutting the crowd up! 

• Like 3

Oh man, todays AD/Kam update brings us the rare @shakes and @Spud2nique mash-up ....

The guy Kam is currently on a segment-long rant about how Curry's ejection was bad for the game.  Tha moufpiece didn't hit anybody! It didn't even go into the stands!

Squd's favorite is on today (Amin).  Says "duh, the rule is the rule.  Doesn't matter he didn't hit anyone".

Kam is undaunted.... NBA sawft!  He wasn't even mad at the refs.  Thanks for ruining the game, nba!

Enjoy, gentlemen. I'll be on the lookout for your heads exploding. 😄

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Oh man, todays AD/Kam update brings us the rare @shakes and @Spud2nique mash-up ....

The guy Kam is currently on a segment-long rant about how Curry's ejection was bad for the game.  Tha moufpiece didn't hit anybody! It didn't even go into the stands!

Squd's favorite is on today (Amin).  Says "duh, the rule is the rule.  Doesn't matter he didn't hit anyone".

Kam is undaunted.... NBA sawft!  He wasn't even mad at the refs.  Thanks for ruining the game, nba!

Enjoy, gentlemen. I'll be on the lookout for your heads exploding. 😄

it's balanced out by Amino Acid  being there.  Amino is great and won't yes man NBA co-hosts like Kam does.

Edited by shakes

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sean Deveney on 92.9 The Game talks Hawks: Trae, Nate, Trade Deadline etc......listen from the 15 minute mark

https://omny.fm/shows/92-9-the-game-morning-show-w-john-and-hugh/could-hawks-have-the-wrong-plan-to-support-trae-yo

I hope somewhere in the middle of this, somebody in our front office are reassuring all of our players that everything is fine.   Because if you listen to the media, you would think that Trae is a diva supreme who is hard to work with and you would think that Trae and Murray can't fit.... and you would think that John is getting Traded and that Nate will be fired by the AS break.

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sean Deveney on 92.9 The Game talks Hawks: Trae, Nate, Trade Deadline etc......listen from the 15 minute mark

https://omny.fm/shows/92-9-the-game-morning-show-w-john-and-hugh/could-hawks-have-the-wrong-plan-to-support-trae-yo

The main reason Trae is "difficult" is that folks still want to say he's not a star.  Luka is more moody, whiny, difficult than Trae but folks are like "but he's a superstar"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Might be the first time I agree with him. Actually that’s not true I’ve prolly agreed with him in the past but he’s really annoying.

Curry definitely should have been ejected that BABY! Also Draymond gets away with a$$ checking people and refs don’t care. A foul down low is still a foul. Draymond bullying refs and that’s ok with Silver because of the money that rolls in.

Ya, my head is blowing up. #fishtankstank

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Curry definitely should have been ejected that BABY! Also Draymond gets away with a$$ checking people and refs don’t care. A foul down low is still a foul. Draymond bullying refs and that’s ok with Silver

For the record, it was the first time I’ve watched even more than a minute of warriors ball. Maaaaan have they become even more entitled. 

There was also a weird altercation between Ja and Draymond before Draymond shot two free throws towards the end. Really super weird.. like almost a big brother to little brother look.. and Ja usually cocky but he looked scared… unless that’s the new “cool kid” look… when I was young it was cool to look “confused” it was sexy, right @kg01, confused and careless. Lol.

ps GET OFF MY LAWN :angry2:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Might be the first time I agree with him. Actually that’s not true I’ve prolly agreed with him in the past but he’s really annoying.

Curry definitely should have been ejected that BABY! Also Draymond gets away with a$$ checking people and refs don’t care. A foul down low is still a foul. Draymond bullying refs and that’s ok with Silver because of the money that rolls in.

Ya, my head is blowing up. #fishtankstank

Bruh, what happened to that cute baby pfp? 

I was about to tell you, you can't say anything mean with that adorable picture. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Anybody see the voting results of the all-stars?  Players really think Trae is only the 12th best guard in the east???  DJ got no love either.. friggin tied with Grayson Allen on the player vote... gtfo

image.png.6e7e497695e9a0a6ae2aaf86add6adcb.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Phunkabilly said:

Anybody see the voting results of the all-stars?  Players really think Trae is only the 12th best guard in the east???  DJ got no love either.. friggin tied with Grayson Allen on the player vote... gtfo

image.png.6e7e497695e9a0a6ae2aaf86add6adcb.png

You know players are 'funning' when you see Derrick Rose at #17 but no DJ. Smh, what a waste.

• Like 3