• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022-23 NBA Season Has Officially Started: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

I'm not Catholic, but we need a virtual confession booth for those who have the intellectual humility and sobriety to salve their guilty conscience and seek repentance... ie, awhile after pounding the table for [insert desired player here], only to find that that likely would have ended tragically for our Atlanta Hawks.

How can we set one of those up?

Mind you, there's a context to everything, of course. It altogether could be that Gobert would make a great addition for half the teams in the league, but not in the other half, and he just happened to get dealt to one of the teams in the latter category.

(In the interest of full disclosure, been racking my brain for a few minutes here, trying to recall players who would have cost us a big price, but that I was persuaded we should pay that price to acquire... I'm sure there's got to be a few, if not some, if not many, but nothing's leaping to mind for now... feel welcome to remind me if you happen to recall one.)

• Thanks 3

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If I remember all who I wanted and they sucked and those who I didn't want that turned out good for us...would be a long list.

I'll start with Capela - called him a by product of CP3.

LOL.  Yeah i wanted Adams who can't catch a lob.  Glad someone knew what Trae needed in a center. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Three centers that we discussed were Adams, Capela and Drummond.

I definitely didn't want Drummond.

I was team Adams out of those 3. I talked crap about Clint :sarcastic:and didn’t want Drummond either, too expensive and wearing down, the latter definitely took place fast.

13 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I wanted Cam Reddish. 🤭

Loser. :ph34r:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This would have been a $40+ million dollar mistake by the Hawks. Glad we didn't make this Goberated trade. What a disaster.

I got talked into Gobert by some of our "experts" who are wrong like 90% of the time.  His stats looked really good though.  

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Good lord you again?

That's my line. Stop taking my lines.

And but do take ... your complaint to, not me, but Merriam and Webster. Or maybe I can just buy their publication for you and have it sent to your home as a late Christmas gift (?). That publication... they call it a dictionary... is great for helping with both definitions and with spelling. I swear.

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This would have been a $40+ million dollar mistake by the Hawks. Glad we didn't make this Goberated trade. What a disaster.

Because playing against playoff teams is a lot harder than playing against non playoff teams. We gotta stop doing this when we are defensive as hell when people do this to Trae 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Because playing against playoff teams is a lot harder than playing against non playoff teams. We gotta stop doing this when we are defensive as hell when people do this to Trae 

These last 2 posts are funny since the Luka games you posted came against the RocketsX2, Minny, and the Knicks w/o Brunson and Barrett. 

• Haha 4