• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022-23 NBA Season Has Officially Started: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

No Tyrese against us on Friday. We need to win this Fckin game lol. 

Tyrese Haliburton hurts left knee

i_ad_26_8e_tyrese-haliburton.png?w=190

Indiana Pacers star Tyrese Haliburton left Madison Square Garden using crutches after hurting his left knee in a 119-113 victory for the New York Knicks on Wednesday night. “He’ll get looked at tomorrow closely,” Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said, adding that while he hoped it wasn’t anything serious, he assumed Haliburton would be unlikely to play either Friday or Saturday at home against the Atlanta Hawks or Memphis Grizzlies.

Spud, you ain't new here.  You know good and well opponent's absences mean absolutely nothing to us.  IND could be missing their top 8 players and we'd still find a way to sleepwalk into a big, fast, juicy, smelly L. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Spud, you ain't new here.  You know good and well opponent's absences mean absolutely nothing to us.  IND could be missing their top 8 players and we'd still find a way to sleepwalk into a big, fast, juicy, smelly L. 

Agreed and noted but… if we lose this game then I might be on the “no hope” train. Home or road, no Hali, I mean, we drop this and I can’t even root against tanking cuz we aren’t good enough to compete. 

I’m sorry this is absolutely on Nate, he isn’t a good coach anymore. Was he a good coach? Sure. With the Sonics a bit and the Blazers. When he hit Indy he was coasting on accolades and building up his win totals. Dude has 0 strategy in a game.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

How did the Hawks miss out on this opportunity with Delta over the years.

Jazz arena to be re-named again as Delta Center

The Utah Jazz announced Saturday that they have entered into a long-term naming rights deal with Delta Air Lines, the Atlanta-based airline with a hub at Salt Lake City International Airport. The arena will continue to be referred to as Vivint Arena until July 1, 2023, when the changeover will officially take place.

via Salt Lake Tribune

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How did the Hawks miss out on this opportunity with Delta over the years.

Jazz arena to be re-named again as Delta Center

The Utah Jazz announced Saturday that they have entered into a long-term naming rights deal with Delta Air Lines, the Atlanta-based airline with a hub at Salt Lake City International Airport. The arena will continue to be referred to as Vivint Arena until July 1, 2023, when the changeover will officially take place.

via Salt Lake Tribune

Eh, I would've been more partial to the 'Coke Center'.  But, then again, I could see that name going places ... in a bad way. 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What in the world.....

Shannon is feeling the pressure of being emasculated at work.. twice... by Skip Bayless and Not being able to give him "Dat Smoke" because he don't want to give up his job/livlihood.    So now, everytime he is tested when the Foxsports cameras are not on him, he's ready to deal that smoke.  In his mind, he feels like people feel like he's a punk because he didn't address Skip with Physicality.  And in some corners, some people do.   But this is an old game.   And old game that has been played a million times.   Shannon is a "Sharpe" guy and he has a lot of good people around him.   I hope he doesn't fall for it. 

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I sincerely doubt Shannon Sharpe's geriatric, 40lbs overweight self wants anything to do with Steven Adams.

Don't let the homeless sweater fool you...

Phil Heath Leads NFL Hall of Famer Shannon Sharpe Through Bodybuilding  Training Session

I'm not saying he can take Adams.. Adams was looking really big.  But 40 lbs overweight...  You must not keep up. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

Don't let the homeless sweater fool you...

Phil Heath Leads NFL Hall of Famer Shannon Sharpe Through Bodybuilding  Training Session

I'm not saying he can take Adams.. Adams was looking really big.  But 40 lbs overweight...  You must not keep up. 

Adams may not even be from this planet.  I don't fear many people, but I would never start anything with that cat. He's built different.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/16/2023 at 12:27 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Completely off topic - Steven Adams is shooting 34% from the FREETHROW line. What fresh hell is this. WOW!!!!

Doesn’t even matter (until the playoffs). He still drives that team with JJJ:3498FC3F-5DA7-47AF-BC59-D03157CCE2CB.thumb.jpeg.cba401202dcfe55b2f8f7ae77ca3ca4f.jpeg

Bane showing out too though.

No surprise in Shannon’s little statement he made no mention of Steve lol.

Here’s Steve’s on/ off for his career:78FFA86C-FDEA-49AD-909F-8D7AA5411B26.thumb.jpeg.16bae75b22c5f792338c6edefd218557.jpeg

Most people don’t know he was nearly as important to OKC as Westbrook tearing up and down the floor like a madman redefining and cheapening the triple double.  My man straight dogged it to get out of New Orleans though lol.

Edited by benhillboy