• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022-23 NBA Season Has Officially Started: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Im not the one who was ripping him, but it was definitely a silly, fake tough guy moment.

how is it a fake tough guy moment?  All he said is that teammates should stick up for each other when things get physical.  He even said h doesn't get involved in the pushing and shoving and thsoe two things are the very definition of fake tough guy stuff.

Ur blinded by  your hate.  Or maybe it's just cause I'm a lifetime hockey player and the idea of sticking up for teammates is ingrained in us from a very young age.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, shakes said:

how is it a fake tough guy moment?  All he said is that teammates should stick up for each other when things get physical.  He even said h doesn't get involved in the pushing and shoving and thsoe two things are the very definition of fake tough guy stuff.

Ur blinded by  your hate.  Or maybe it's just cause I'm a lifetime hockey player and the idea of sticking up for teammates is ingrained in us from a very young age.

Hockey?   Well then it's time for the greatest snl skit in the last 10 years. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, shakes said:

Permission to treat the witness as hostile? 

Granted

It (sticking up for teammates) is a thing you do, but shouldn't feel the need to talk about or elaborate on.

And sure, he didn't walk in the scrum and start fake-jostling.  But he certainly went into the scrum to looky-loo and wait for someone else to fight for him rather than diffuse the situation to do the very thing you claim is at issue here .... *pause for effect*

.... Stick up for his teammate by doing HIS job, which is to get Adam's outta there before he's suspended, fined, or worse.

See, as the star, you're supposed to protect the guys that protect you.  That's not what happened here.  What happened here was a guy wearing sunglasses inside (fugazy-ing).

No further questions for this ... witness(sic), Your Honor.  I rest my case

🤓

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Permission to treat the witness as hostile? 

Granted

It (sticking up for teammates) is a thing you do, but shouldn't feel the need to talk about or elaborate on.

And sure, he didn't walk in the scrum and start fake-jostling.  But he certainly went into the scrum to looky-loo and wait for someone else to fight for him rather than diffuse the situation to do the very thing you claim is at issue here .... *pause for effect*

.... Stick up for his teammate by doing HIS job, which is to get Adam's outta there before he's suspended, fined, or worse.

See, as the star, you're supposed to protect the guys that protect you.  That's not what happened here.  What happened here was a guy wearing sunglasses inside (fugazy-ing).

No further questions for this ... witness(sic), Your Honor.  I rest my case

🤓

Feel the need to talk about it?    So is he supposed to say  "no comment' when the reporter asks him a question?

And why you singling out Ja for acting the same way that literally 99% of the players in the NBA act in that exact same situation.  They're all fake tough guys.  Except for the Morris brothers and James Johnson.   

And you really gonna say Ja ain't tough as he throws himself into body after body while 5 feet up in the air 10x per game?  The guy seeks out contact more times in one game than a guy like Kevin Huerter has felt in his entire life.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, shakes said:

Feel the need to talk about it?    So is he supposed to say  "no comment' when the reporter asks him a question?

And why you singling out Ja for acting the same way that literally 99% of the players in the NBA act in that exact same situation.  They're all fake tough guys.  Except for the Morris brothers and James Johnson.   

And you really gonna say Ja ain't tough as he throws himself into body after body while 5 feet up in the air 10x per game?  The guy seeks out contact more times in one game than a guy like Kevin Huerter has felt in his entire life.

If I need to walk down a dark alley, best believe I'm taking Kevin H.  Not sunglasses inside guy. 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, AHF said:

Ja is a good player and exciting young talent.  Like others, my only frustration is how he gets elevated over Trae when he is clearly not deserving of that.  Like how is he second team All-NBA last year and Trae is 3rd team?

Trae scored more points per game

Trae assisted a ton more per game

image.png

Trae crushed him in Win Shares and also beat him in WS/48

Trae beat him in PER

Trae beat him in VORP

Trae scored way more efficiently 

image.png

Note also that Trae played a ton more games because Ja missed 1/3 of the season.  (Which is why Trae's edge in per minute metrics like PER and WS/48 are relevant because even if Ja played a full season he wasn't as good in the average game)

But somehow Ja's dunks and the deeper roster (that put up a better winning % without Ja than with him last year) make him the choice over Trae.  And it has been happening consistently over the last few years.  Like this year Trae sucks because he is scoring at a pathetic .566% TS%.  But Ja is amazing because he is scoring at a .556% TS%.  Ja takes one more shot to score the same amount of points per game and that is evidence he is a true star and Trae needs to ask LeMelo Ball for scoring tips.

123014a0-6242-0133-0c1d-0e34a4cc753d.gif

so maybe you guys need to direct your frustration at the actual people who voted for him to be 2nd team all NBA vs the guy who's just out there playing?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, shakes said:

so maybe you guys need to direct your frustration at the actual people who voted for him to be 2nd team all NBA vs the guy who's just out there playing?

Where have you seen me venting at Ja?  I've just made the point over the years that he has been better than Ja at everything on offense other than rebounding.  Better passer.  Better scorer by volume.  Better scorer by efficiency.  Better leader.  Tougher / more resilient.  Just better in pretty much every way.

Again, I'm not someone who bashes Ja.  He is very good and I'd be a fan if he was a Hawk.  But he isn't so I'll call out the unreasonable elevation of Ja over Trae by the media, fans, etc.

(By way of example, I disagreed with some Squawkers last year who made the case that Ja wasn't really that good because the team had a better record without him.  I agreed that this was a valid point in opposition to someone arguing that Memphis's better team record meant that Ja was better but not a valid criticism of Ja as an individual talent.  Again, bottomline was Ja is an exciting young star on the rise but not in Trae's class through 2021-22.)

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, AHF said:

Where have you seen me venting at Ja?  I've just made the point over the years that he has been better than Ja at everything on offense other than rebounding.  Better passer.  Better scorer by volume.  Better scorer by efficiency.  Better leader.  Tougher / more resilient.  Just better in pretty much every way.

Again, I'm not someone who bashes Ja.  He is very good and I'd be a fan if he was a Hawk.  But he isn't so I'll call out the unreasonable elevation of Ja over Trae by the media, fans, etc.

(By way of example, I disagreed with some Squawkers last year who made the case that Ja wasn't really that good because the team had a better record without him.  I agreed that this was a valid point in opposition to someone arguing that Memphis's better team record meant that Ja was better but not a valid criticism of Ja as an individual talent.  Again, bottomline was Ja is an exciting young star on the rise but not in Trae's class through 2021-22.)

Sorry, grouped you in with @kg01      Never go full @kg01

16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Snakes 'n snitches on the staff, huh?  Players are supposed to be able to vent to the asst coaches.  The asst coach is supposed to help steer the player back onto the path.  I'm on team Reddish here.  That's not cool. 

Maybe not, but shouldn't Cam do something to salvage his career, show that he belongs instead of venting his frustrations ALL the time? It got out in Atlanta and now NY, screams of Cam's Camp is putting out info? No?

• Like 3

• Moderators

Pretty crazy that you play a guy 20+ minutes a game and then just one day decide he's never going to play again.  He's not even getting garbage time.  And what's it say about your org that you gave up a 1st round pick to just park a guy on the bench. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

12 hours ago, deester11 said:

Maybe not, but shouldn't Cam do something to salvage his career, show that he belongs instead of venting his frustrations ALL the time? It got out in Atlanta and now NY, screams of Cam's Camp is putting out info? No?

Both things are true.

• Like 1

72 days ago the Hawks’ total point differential was 0.  Today it is 0.  

When Mark Jackson said that Nate has always been remarkably even-keeled and “never got too high or too low” he had no idea just how accurate he was lol.  He’s the coaching equivalent of adaptive radar cruise control set at the speed limit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1