• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022-23 NBA Season Has Officially Started: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

One interesting note from nbaradio last week was scalabrine asked to describe Tatum and Browns relationship.  Sound like they have a Trae/Collins sitch. 

Said they're not 'boys', dont hang out, et,.  They just respect each other's game..... but Brown thinks he's just as good.

Isola went on to explain that Tatum was given everything Brown has worked for.  He's from Duke, high profile, gets all the attention, etc.  But they're now basically equal players - suggested theres probably resentment there.

Just sharing for discussion sake.  Today I'll be listening for @shakes daily Kam/AD update since I know he loves those.

Guys don't need to be buddy buddy off court. Just need to have a healthy respect for each other and not let it affect them.on court.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Guys don't need to be buddy buddy off court. Just need to have a healthy respect for each other and not let it affect them.on court.

It depends on the maturity of the players.  The players coming in to today's NBA are more and more self centered than ever.   I get that from Trae, Ja, Luka... as I survey them vs. Older stars like Isaiah, Magic, Stockton.   I believe Ja is the Height of disillusionment.   And I believe Trae is most disrespected.   It's a hard road for Trae.   He is clearly disrespected and he has to wear that.   For a guy who has a continual Chip on his shoulder, the amount of disrespect he receives could send him all Dillon Brooks.   Luka is just a diva.   Playing with Kyrie will be funny.  I got my popcorn. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Maybe it is too long at this point but Bird and McHale did not like each other. McHale got along great with every other teammate but Bird. Bird and McHale respected each other and won three titles together. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Maybe it is too long at this point but Bird and McHale did not like each other. McHale got along great with every other teammate but Bird. Bird and McHale respected each other and won three titles together. 

Did anyone like Bird?  Guy seemed like an asshole back in the day. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm insulted you thought I hadn't already seen and posted that.  Do you hate me? 

I actually thought of posting that you probably already saw it, but forgot.

• Haha 2