• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022-23 NBA Season Has Officially Started: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, shakes said:

Happy Lebron's injury is worse than anyone thought day!!!!

Man, I don't know how others think about this, but my takeaway is you're in big need to check yourself.

There's funny, and there's not funny. This isn't funny. Have some scruples. Seriously. That's not okay. If you have any humanity, you'll walk that back.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, sturt said:

Man, I don't know how others think about this, but my takeaway is you're in big need to check yourself.

There's funny, and there's not funny. This isn't funny. Have some scruples. Seriously. That's not okay. If you have any humanity, you'll walk that back.

naw, I'm good.  Too busy celebrating Lebron's injury and absence from the game to let you spoil my mood.   Maybe Lebron can use this time to finally read the second page of a book?

Also, you are far from a good judge of what's funny and what's not.  Leave that stuff to the experts.

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, shakes said:

naw, I'm good.  Too busy celebrating Lebron's injury and absence from the game to let you spoil my mood.   Maybe Lebron can use this time to finally read the second page of a book?

Also, you are far from a good judge of what's funny and what's not.  Leave that stuff to the experts.

Seriously, shakes. This isn't a video game. These are actual real people. We don't celebrate peoples' demise, unless we're just that void of any soul ourselves. Be funny. But there's a limit to what's funny.

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, sturt said:

Seriously, shakes. This isn't a video game. These are actual real people. We don't celebrate peoples' demise, unless we're just that void of any soul ourselves. Be funny. But there's a limit to what's funny.

Speak for yourself.  I'm clearly celebrating Lebron's demise.

If they say it's career ending I'm bringing in a DJ and smoke machine.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, shakes said:

Speak for yourself.  I'm clearly celebrating Lebron's demise.

If they say it's career ending I'm bringing in a DJ and smoke machine.

I'm not your boss, so if you're getting some dopamine rushes purely out of feeling so contrarian to decency, there's that.

You have a right to react however you want, no question.

And we all have to admit, I think, that when we learn that some star player is out for a game against our team, we breathe a little easier, in light of the perceived advantage.

But... speaking for myself, as you say...

That's as far as my morality allows me to go... because, after that line, I start infringing on the golden rule, and step on to the slippery slope toward actually hating on people for my own perceived gain... which ironically enough, is stupid counterproductive self-deception since I actually lose a lot of my value as a human being to the degree that I so flippantly embrace others' misfortune/demise.

Or, if all that is too many words for you, or maybe you just prefer the less reasoned way of expressing it...  in other words, grow the hell up.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

just let him keep getting away with it

I'm not his boss. Nor anyone else's. Free country. But what the shallow people don't get is that taking advantage of your rights in a way that pisses and poops on others is its own reflection on the shallow people, as it should be. Free country does have consequences. People sometimes make it pretty easy for others to be a judge of character. Society is better because people aspire to not be shallow. As someone famous (?) once said, "I don't make the rules, I just know what they are, and don't pretend they don't exist."

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Per my sources, aka my intermittent interaction(s) with the mods, this is truth. 🤓

I think I’m pretty funny. The mods don’t love me, but then again who does? :er: Wait a sec.. may have wondered down a bad road here..

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Giannis can't even pretend to hate.   Dude is a legend already.

One thing other NBA superstars could learn from Giannis. Being positive, being likeable goes a long way with fans. Constantly claiming to be the victim, claiming to be disrespected, claiming to have gotten a raw deal, it becomes old and stale after awhile. Try being more like Giannis. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

One thing other NBA superstars could learn from Giannis. Being positive, being likeable goes a long way with fans. Constantly claiming to be the victim, claiming to be disrespected, claiming to have gotten a raw deal, it becomes old and stale after awhile. Try being more like Giannis. 

To which, you say @shakes?

(... as sturt points to the shovel beside him.)

(Note: I checked, we don't have any more scheduled games with MIL. Then again, we don't have any more scheduled games with LAL either.)