2022-23 NBA Season Has Officially Started: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I've seen a lot of explanations but it's hard to make the case that that's not super weird. 

AD, Ben Simmons, Kyrie… I don’t get these kids anymore. I’m from the old school, I just don’t get it.

• Like 2

Trade deadline has passed.  Hawks have the same starters.  Hawks have some new players for the bench!

Time to turn over a new leaf.  Open the next part of the season.  Hope we can get above .500 for the remainder of this season.  Can we really be a better team?  Please stay healthy!

GO ATL HAWKS !!

:peanut-butter-jelly-time:

• Premium Member

https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/status/1623522016409313281

Don't know how to post twitter links properly, but this one of Jalen Brunson finding out that his college teammate Josh Hart is joining the knicks is fantastic.

I'm a huge JB fan since he's from the town next to mine and went to my wife's high school.  Followed his whole career at Villanova.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Denver and Golden State lead the league.  We're first in the east by a lot with 137 points, almost double Philadelphia in second with 70.  Also, I used a filter and it shows we are 19-10 in games when all of our actual starters have played.  

Going with the EvenSteven mode, that is exactly half of our games.  So we are 10-19 when we don't have all of our starters.  Since our points are exactly even again, all of our non starter lineups combined must total -137.  

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

it took the trade deadline deals just to get an average NBA bench...half way through the season. Actually a little more than halfway. 

We still lack a real backup PG on the roster. Holiday can defend and actually isn't a bad shooter but he can't run an offense. Bogi can't defend. AJ seems to have hit the rookie wall. Jalen is good and getting better but he's basically a rookie and you can see it on defense. Bey just got here but he looks like he is far better off playing backup 4 and guarding 4's than trying to guard SF. 

We have four good defensive starters, one good defensive bench player (OO) and one average/above average defender in Holiday. I would include Forrest in this but Nate never plays him. Our defense is better than last year as a team but when the bench has so many bad or young defensive players it really throws everything off. That 137 rating when we are fully healthy with the starters just shows that in spades. 

I wish we would have kept Delon Wright. I wish we could have kept Kevin and traded Bogi but no one wanted Bogi when that trade happened with Kevin. Tony Ressler's refusal to pay the LT when a full third of the NBA *IS* paying the LT really hurt us. We simply can't afford any injuries to our starters literally ANY OF THEM without it exposing the bench's inability to play defense. 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2023 at 9:56 AM, Gray Mule said:

Keeping track of ex-Hawks.  Cam Reddish moves to the west coast.

:smug:

Last night / 02-13 / Reddish started for the game winning Trail Blazers!  Way to go Cam!

:smug:

• Like 2