• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Take the 25 game pledge (... or if not, modify it to suit your own convictions... )

sturt

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

How about bashing other teams about how they had to cheat to beat us. Lol. 

There ya go.

4 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

I am down for this. Observations but no firm conclusions. 

Bingo. Exactly.

Talk in terms of working theories based on the evidence... but drawing no firm conclusions.

Great for one's blood pressure if it's not otherwise controlled by medication, lemmee tell ya.

• Like 3

These are our next 14 games.  Lots of road games, lots of playoff teams. If we can come out at .500 or better I will feel pretty good.

Wed, Oct 26 7:00 PM   Tickets as low as $15 
Fri, Oct 28 7:00 PM   Tickets as low as $22 
Sat, Oct 29 8:00 PM   Tickets as low as $19 
Mon, Oct 31 7:30 PM   Tickets as low as $34 
Wed, Nov 2 7:30 PM   Tickets as low as $84 
Sat, Nov 5 7:30 PM   Tickets as low as $37 
Mon, Nov 7 8:15 PM   Tickets as low as $19 
Wed, Nov 9
vsUtahUtah
7:30 PM   Tickets as low as $16 
Thu, Nov 10 7:30 PM
NBA TV
Tickets as low as $33 
Sat, Nov 12 7:30 PM   Tickets as low as $36 
Mon, Nov 14 8:00 PM   Tickets as low as $16 
Wed, Nov 16
vsBostonBoston
7:30 PM

espn-red@2x.png
Tickets as low as $30 
Sat, Nov 19 6:00 PM   Tickets as low as $34 
Mon, Nov 21 7:00 PM   Tickets as low as $14 
  • Thanks 1

We lost a LOT of depth.  Murray was a huge upgrade but we lost Gallo/Lou/Delon/Huerter and Bogi is currently hurt.  The good news is we will always have Murray or Trae on the floor to create so hopefully they can elevate the bench unit enough.  But with any serious injuries we are going to be in trouble.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

We lost a LOT of depth.  Murray was a huge upgrade but we lost Gallo/Lou/Delon/Huerter and Bogi is currently hurt.  The good news is we will always have Murray or Trae on the floor to create so hopefully they can elevate the bench unit enough.  But with any serious injuries we are going to be in trouble.

how do we have a lot of depth?  Right now our bench is led by  2 brothers who aren't good enough to be in any playoff team's rotation plus another guy who spent the entire season in the G league and looks like he still belongs there.  

Where is this so called depth????

3 minutes ago, shakes said:

how do we have a lot of depth?  Right now our bench is led by  2 brothers who aren't good enough to be in any playoff team's rotation plus another guy who spent the entire season in the G league and looks like he still belongs there.  

Where is this so called depth????

I think you misread.  I said we lost a lot of depth. 

• Haha 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

so if we do this then what the hell we going to talk about around here?

I don't think that changes anything.  Comment on what happens in a game.  Comment on early season patterns.  Etc.  Just bear in mind that you don't start reaching firm conclusions until you've got enough data.  

Like if you flip a coin 4 times and get heads every time you can certainly call that out and wonder if we are seeing evidence of the coin being unevenly weighted.  But don't finalize a conclusion on that because we know that we need more flips to reach a meaningful conclusion.  Human beings are much more complicated than coin flips so there is more to discuss and more variables that could affect future performance as well.

To me, it is the difference between saying "boy, this rookie Trae Young guy is really struggling as a scorer early in the season.  If he keeps this up and can't find a solution, he and the team are really going to struggle" and "Trae Young sucks.  We blew the pick and need to get rid of him for a better player like that great rookie Michael Carter-Williams who is obviously a star in the making given his success as a rookie."

One is talking about what is happening, patterns, consequences of conditionals, etc. and the other is leaping to a firm conclusion.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Talk bad about Nate.

Nothing personal... But Nate needs to be thanked for his service and then asked to move on.....as most of us stated yesterday long before the 4th qtr....Why in God's name  isAJ Griffin not playing despite being the only shooter on the team....(other than Bogi who's hurt and Trae at times)....8 points in 6 minutes along with 2 steals!!!!!! Let that sink in folks.....the Hawks have a HC problem.... bring someone in who's innovative & can coach....all this allegiance BS to the Holidays etc.... Enough. 2 years ago we exceed expectations mostly because of Trae and CC playing out of thier minds ... Not Nate!!!  Rant over.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Or GMs for not getting us a bench?

The bench was bad against Charlotte no questions about that but so were the starters!  In fact the only plus starters on the season are John Collins and Dejaunte Murray.  Our highest paid player is shooting 32% from the field and 25% from 3.  None of this has anything to do with the bench.

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, terrell said:

Nothing personal... But Nate needs to be thanked for his service and then asked to move on.....as most of us stated yesterday long before the 4th qtr....Why in God's name  isAJ Griffin not playing despite being the only shooter on the team....(other than Bogi who's hurt and Trae at times)....8 points in 6 minutes along with 2 steals!!!!!! Let that sink in folks.....the Hawks have a HC problem.... bring someone in who's innovative & can coach....all this allegiance BS to the Holidays etc.... Enough. 2 years ago we exceed expectations mostly because of Trae and CC playing like Stars ... Not Nate!!!  Rant over.. lol

The fact that Nate is the second winningest coach in Hawks history tells me that Nate knows more than we do.   Think about it.. Second winningest coach in the History of the Atlanta Hawks... and you say we should thank him and ask him to move on because he's not playing a player you think he should play??

03/18 - Fullmetal Friday! | MTurk Crowd | Mechanical Turk Community Forum

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

The fact that Nate is the second winningest coach in Hawks history tells me that Nate knows more than we do.   Think about it.. Second winningest coach in the History of the Atlanta Hawks... and you say we should thank him and ask him to move on because he's not playing a player you think he should play??

He won with LP scheme.. Ever since he installed his own, well................................

And this isnt just about AJ.. smh

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, terrell said:

He won with LP scheme.. Ever since he installed his own, well................................

I don't care if he won with butterflies and butterfingers.  He won.   Let's let him build a credible losing streak before we talk about moving on.   Even with the injury  & disaster latent year that was last year, he's still second winningest coach in Hawks history. 

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, terrell said:

Nothing personal... But Nate needs to be thanked for his service and then asked to move on.....as most of us stated yesterday long before the 4th qtr....Why in God's name  isAJ Griffin not playing despite being the only shooter on the team....(other than Bogi who's hurt and Trae at times)....8 points in 6 minutes along with 2 steals!!!!!! Let that sink in folks.....the Hawks have a HC problem.... bring someone in who's innovative & can coach....all this allegiance BS to the Holidays etc.... Enough. 2 years ago we exceed expectations mostly because of Trae and CC playing out of thier minds ... Not Nate!!!  Rant over.. lol

What is the difference between a reflex action and a conscious response? -  Quora

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Diesel said:

JayBird said we could talk bad about Nate... lol

Most of that was conjecture..Like not serious...YET

I know they arent firing a coach after 3 games.. Good grief..

Hes still a stubborn fool at times though..

Edited by terrell

54 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The bench was bad against Charlotte no questions about that but so were the starters!  In fact the only plus starters on the season are John Collins and Dejaunte Murray.  Our highest paid player is shooting 32% from the field and 25% from 3.  None of this has anything to do with the bench.

adams-basketball.gif.1f821b3bf5da5a5f9d6381dc608acb93.gif

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, terrell said:

JayBird said we could talk bad about Nate... lol

Most of that was conjecture..Like not serious...YET

I know they arent firing a coach after 3 games.. Good grief..

Hes still a stubborn fool at times though..

Don’t back down, you’re right.  Nate sucks and gotz to go.   It was obvious last year and it’s obvious 3 games in.   Playing President’s Day and Arbor Day over AJ is inexcusable, I don’t care if it’s 3 games or 30.

Edited by shakes
  • Haha 2