• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Take the 25 game pledge (... or if not, modify it to suit your own convictions... )

sturt

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

When is Bogi returning? We need his shooting badly. I’d take Jimmer Fredette right now :laugh: Notice not JJ Redick :er:

I bet you there's folks here that would take Jimmer instead of Trae 'cause of their aNAlySis(sic). 😄

But yeah, I want my Bogi back, Bogi back, Bogi back, Bogi back, Bogi back, Bogi back ... Bogi's shooting back, ple-eease.  Bogi's shootin' back, please ... barbecue sauce.

What?  I'm the only one that remembers the Applebee's song?

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Just making note (since I'm almost at my halfway pledge point).

any everyone laughed at me when I said the first 5 games would make or break the season.   went 4-1 and now look at us.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, shakes said:

any everyone laughed at me when I said the first 5 games would make or break the season.   went 4-1 and now look at us.

I'm not going to say I laughed but I still think it is ridiculous to think that a 5 game sample at the beginning of the season will make or break the year.  (Likewise, I'm not ready to declare victory after 10 games.)  Miami, Milwaukee and Washington are among the NBA teams that had losing records in their first 5 games and then went on to win the NBA championship.  Even your Michael Jordan led Chicago Bulls lost their first three games of the season before they went on to win their first ring.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 10/24/2022 at 12:26 PM, Wretch said:

I, Sir Wretched Wretch Wretchington IV, will resist with all my mental muscle, arriving at any firm conclusions about this roster until this team has completed 25 20 or so games of the new season.

And further, I will resist doing that for any individual player until that player has 25 20 or so games under his belt.

I'm definitely a wait-and-see kind of person.  However, I think I've reached the limits of my "mental muscle" lol  I'm good for next 4-5 games, but I've seen enough through 16 games (and the preseason) to observe some patterns and likely correlations thereof.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

20 games in.

11-9

5 games to go before we can start panicking. 

🤦‍♀️ 

Did you look for this thread after 20 games thinking it was a 20 game pledge?  Because that's why I'm here.  Guess I'll wait another week and a half before I post my essay

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

Did you look for this thread after 20 games thinking it was a 20 game pledge?  Because that's why I'm here.  Guess I'll wait another week and a half before I post my essay

Work on it now. This talented team is gonna go WLWLWLL..wait that’s not 5’is it? 🥔 🥔 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

I pledged 21 games, 1/4 of the season - so I'm ready to go tonight.

• Haha 2