• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Take the 25 game pledge (... or if not, modify it to suit your own convictions... )

sturt

• Premium Member

nope, no way, absolutely not, hell to the no, GTFO, no thanks, 

I've already declared this season over if they don't sweep Detroit.  Not going back on that now.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators

I'm on board for it, sturt!  Consider me signed up.  Will react to each game in due course but you need time to get a meaningful sample size of games let alone give the team time to learn to play with one another and make adjustments during their first games on the floor together.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I'm somewhere in between Shakes and Sturt on this one.  Closer to Sturt, but I think you can make SOME conclusions before 25 games are up.  

Same.  There's a few patterns I'm noticing that are affecting our game.

• Premium Member

25 = about 30% of the season

That equates to about 6 games in the NFL, and about 50 MLB games (... assuming they still play baseball these days, but I think I heard they do.)

Seems about right.

But like I said...

"... or if not, modify it to suit your own convictions..."

For me, the minimum I could give credence is probably 20% of the games... and I've seen enough teams take a convincing turn in January (see 2021-22 Boston Celtics, see 2020-21 Atlanta Hawks) to give credence to something closer to 50%.

• Premium Member

I, Sir Wretched Wretch Wretchington IV, will resist with all my mental muscle, arriving at any firm conclusions about this roster until this team has completed 25 games of the new season.

And further, I will resist doing that for any individual player until that player has 25 games under his belt.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I'm up for 20 games.  So even if we're like 2-18, I will withhold my grievance. 

Too many of the fanbase believe it's like Playstation.   You just put guys on a team together and they magically understand role and fit.   Nah.  It was ability that got us through our first two wins.   We have to build more chemistry. 

• Like 4

I'm all in!  (I notice there are no restrictions on being critical of Nate.)

Any player can go thru a rough patch and almost all do.  Right now, watching the Hawks with my son, I hear, "Pitiful!  They couldn't hit a bull in the butt with a base fiddle!"  Shots that now miss will soon begin to fall.  Nate might slip up again and, without thinking, insert AJ Griffin into a game! 🚶‍♂️

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, shakes said:

nope, no way, absolutely not, hell to the no, GTFO, no thanks, 

I've already declared this season over if they don't sweep Detroit.  Not going back on that now.

(I'd laugh... but I think he means it.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1