• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JC is becoming Smoove

Spud2nique

9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@marco102 days are numbered for JC. Apologies to his stans but we are running a team here not a fan club.

https://www.si.com/fannation/nba/fastbreak/.amp/rumors/atlanta-hawks-john-collins-trade-rumors

That's good and all as long as they find a better replacement. 

He's playing terribly offensively right now.  Slumps happen. I just believe the average JC is better than what we can get back in a trade for him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

JC better than Smoove when he exited Atlanta but JC is less impactful for sure. 

Both athletic with very little basketball skills. It’s a waste of talent. I don’t get it. Why not add dimensions to your game. He’s been in the league long enough.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Utah won’t give us Lauri for JC. Lauri has basketball skills. He can DRIBBLE and SHOOT, and make himself useful.

JC is as useful as a coat hanger right now.

Yeah, but Lauri is still not a good defender and putting him next to Trae may be a nightmare on the defensive end.

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, but Lauri is still not a good defender and putting him next to Trae may be a nightmare on the defensive end.

And JC is a good defender? I’m sorry but prove to me that JC is better than Lauri on D. Lauri isn’t good on D but JC isn’t what people think.

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Collins better than Smoove?

I don't know about all of that.

Ok I’m a little emotional. But JC needs to show up. We are better than our record indicates if he just did something. His fit as far as Nate is drawing it up is horrible. 

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

And JC is a good defender? I’m sorry but prove to me that JC is better than Lauri on D. Lauri isn’t good on D but JC isn’t what people think.

Net neutral so far this season and Lauri is a slight negative.  Lauri's impact has been much greater on the offensive end though.

image.thumb.png.5ad375642a836b0b9914c5e517cceec1.png

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

@marco102 days are numbered for JC. Apologies to his stans but we are running a team here not a fan club.

https://www.si.com/fannation/nba/fastbreak/.amp/rumors/atlanta-hawks-john-collins-trade-rumors

There's a quote that's befitting this situation...  The great Philosopher Andre'  wrote these words...

You Cant Be The King In The Parkin Lot-- Forever
Not Sayin I'm The Best But Till They Find Sumthin Better
I Am Here No Fear Right Me A Letter 'till Then

This is my viewpoint of JC...  I have seen JC's name appear in a lot of trades and most of those trades were trash. `   Until we can find something better, JC is here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JC is playing below his own standards. Whether that’s due to coaching or his finger, IDK. 
I do know he will get better, and it would be dumb to trade him while his value is at an all time low. I’d try to get him back on track this season and trade him over the summer. We aren’t going to win it all this year, so push in some chips for next year (hopefully with a better coach).

A little off topic yet related, but if Bogi comes back guns blazing, I’d be tempted to trade him by the deadline while he’s hot & before he gets hurt again. We’d do so much better than this past offseason when we would’ve had to give up assets to get rid of him. Keep developing AJ for his place.