• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

30 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The Hawks eventually offered 5 years $136 million which was short of the full 5 year max.   He took the 4 year max from Boston which was a lot less total money.  He just wanted the 'max'.  Which is fine.  Get what you want but facts remain that he took less money to go to Boston.   We didn't fail to 'pay him' by any means. 

And 'clown' or not, Horford's camp whined constantly about him being forced 'out of position' with the Hawks at center.  So far none of the dozen coaches he's had has played him any significant time at PF though. 

The only coach that's ever played him at the 4 was in PHI and that failed spectacularly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

Why does Horford still get so much mention here?

It’s like the psycho ex that can’t let it go and is way over infatuated. @NBASupes please move on, for all of us.  Sheesh. 

So, everyone has their favorite players and their standards...  Some people feel that specific players don't get enough credit or recognition for what they do.  For me, that player was Rip Hamilton when he played and to this day, I'll argue with people all day about how underrated he is. Supes isn't really any different in that regard, except how highly he rates Horford.

• Like 3

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Wretch said:

So, everyone has their favorite players and their standards...  Some people feel that specific players don't get enough credit or recognition for what they do.  For me, that player was Rip Hamilton when he played and to this day, I'll argue with people all day about how underrated he is. Supes isn't really any different in that regard, except how highly he rates Horford.

Rip was amazing.  Just couldn't keep it going in his 30s.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wretch said:

Sure, I have mine too.  I hold Joe Johnson in high regard, higher than most logical folks would I'm sure but there is a healthy limit to this lol.

How many times have you posted about Rip compared to the number of times we have heard Al's name here?

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, macdaddy said:

The Hawks eventually offered 5 years $136 million which was short of the full 5 year max.   He took the 4 year max from Boston which was a lot less total money.  He just wanted the 'max'.  Which is fine.  Get what you want but facts remain that he took less money to go to Boston.   We didn't fail to 'pay him' by any means. 

And 'clown' or not, Horford's camp whined constantly about him being forced 'out of position' with the Hawks at center.  So far none of the dozen coaches he's had has played him any significant time at PF though. 

We never offered that 5th year. Ask Robby or Kris who were press for the Hawks. 

His dad did bitch about it playing the 5 but he didn't want to play with Dwight the same way Trae didn't want to play with Ayton. 

I used to directly speak to Al. He was fine with playing the 5. Especially the way we were using him with Bud. Maybe that's a different story from how we used him with LD and Woody. 

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

Sure, I have mine too.  I hold Joe Johnson in high regard, higher than most logical folks would I'm sure but there is a healthy limit to this lol.

How many times have you posted about Rip compared to the number of times we have heard Al's name here?

Well...😅

Lucille Ball Shoulder Shrug GIF | GIFDB.com

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We never offered that 5th year. Ask Robby or Kris who were press for the Hawks. 

More...$6 million apart, then he still look less to sign with Boston.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes we did. He wanted a max 5 year deal. Hawks offered 5yrs/$136, max was about 5yr/$142ish.

The Hawks did want to resign him, but the offer they made topped out at $136 million. Al felt as though he was deserving of getting the max, and found that unacceptable. 

Per NBA league source, Hawks have upped their offer to Al Horford & added a 5th yr. Not 5-yr Max though

— Zach Klein (@ZachKleinWSB) July 2, 2016

Once again, he never got offered that 5th year. If you offer a 4 year max, that's not a 5th year max. I don't know how hard it is to understand. He didn't get the 5th year. That was 7 years ago, Al just led the entire series v. the Hawks in WAR in 2023. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Once again, he never got offered that 5th year. If you offer a 4 year max, that's not a 5th year max. I don't know how hard it is to understand. He didn't get the 5th year. That was 7 years ago, Al just led the entire series v. the Hawks in WAR in 2023. 

It's right there in print for you. Al wanted a 5 year max, the Hawks offered a 5yr less than the max. 

Per NBA league source, Hawks have upped their offer to Al Horford & added a 5th yr. Not 5-yr Max though

• Like 3

In other news, Jaylen Brown front doesn't look good for the Hawks right now. He got All NBA 😞

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

It's right there in print for you. Al wanted a 5 year max, the Hawks offered a 5yr less than the max. 

And guess who didn't resign. We lost our best player in Atlanta's history because we didn't want to pay the max. 

• Haha 1