• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JTB said:

Correct me if I’m wrong. I understand he’s eligible for the supermax but doesn’t the Celtics still have to offer him the supermax ?

Yes and Yes. 5years/$295 million

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Wretch said:

Exactly.  There's a lot to like about Jaylen Brown and I really like him too.  However, a lot of people are in love with his game in a vacuum and are ignoring the bigger picture.  He's already on a team with a better offense, better defense, better veteran depth, and a consensus top 10 All-NBA player...and they needed 7 games to get to the ECF's that they're about to get swept in.  He's not going to make us magically better and certainly not if we gut the team to get him...if this is even a thing.

While I agree with you in principle....

I will say this...

We don't know what he becomes playing next to Trae and we don't know what Trae becomes playing with him.

It's like arguing Shaq leaving the Magic for the Lakers.   You could use your very same argument but it would be wrong.  Shaq had a better team with all the fixings in Orlando.. but won 2 chips playing in LAL.

The second part.. him making us magically better?  I can't say that he won't.   He's a better fit with Trae.  A bigger version of DJ that knows how to drive and create fouls.   A true 26 ppg player.  A better perimeter defender. 

But the real question is.. how good are we under Snyder?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Diesel said:

how good are we under Snyder?

I will go out on a limb and say we win 50+ games for the next 3+ seasons (hopefully more) but Quin sets the system and generally his teams win, specially in the regular season, his next challenge is much like when Bud got a gig with the Bucks, the next level of getting over the playoff hump. He has gone through a lot experience wise as a head man with the Jazz so, he’s ready to take that step I believe.

• Like 1

I don’t think the Lakers are following the necessary steps for grief. Sadness is on the list they lost less than 12 hours ago.

Calm down and take it first. :mellow: 

Then try to attempt to be ridiculous in trade aspirations.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

The Lakers can suck a ******* ****

I'm pretty sure there is another way of making your point Supes.
Love your posts... just not this one.
Thanks. 

The issue with awful Laker rumors is the other awful rumors that will come from teams like, we want to r@*e Atlanta too. Even if it's means nothing at the end of the day, we are trying to build a contender, we need good press to land good players in addition to what we already have

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The issue with awful Laker rumors is the other awful rumors that will come from teams like, we want to r@*e Atlanta too. Even if it's means nothing at the end of the day, we are trying to build a contender, we need good press to land good players in addition to what we already have

And trying to explain to people, not on this forum, who casually follow the Hawks that Trae Young is not going to the Lakers and having to explain why 100 times. 

2 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

And trying to explain to people, not on this forum, who casually follow the Hawks that Trae Young is not going to the Lakers and having to explain why 100 times. 

Well, doesn't he not get alone with his teammates. He's empty stats. Etc etc. 

If hes all of this, why do you want him. Here's JC instead and give us your best player