• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

14 hours ago, Sothron said:

Would you do this trade?

Jalen Brown  for:

Collins

AJ

Jalen Johnson

Kings first and Hawks later first

I would not.  I care less about the picks than I do AJ and JJ.  I just can't part with both, even as good as JB is.  If this is the celtics "Asking Price" and we can negotiate it down to something that makes more sense for the Hawks, then I'd be on board.  But not for that.  

I'd prefer to trade Clint over JC and I'd be willing to give up AJ OR JJ but not both. 

So the trade would be something like:

Jalen Brown and filler for:

Clint

AJ or JJ

Hunter?

Picks 

Would give us:

Trae / DJM

DJM / Bogie

JB / Bey

OO / JJ

JC / OO

Would need to fill out the bench with depth. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, Sothron said:

Would you do this trade?

Jalen Brown  for:

Collins

AJ

Jalen Johnson

Kings first and Hawks later first

I would hate to lose AJ and Jalen, but we are HOPING they become what we KNOW Jaylen already is, so it's a yes for me. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Seems Everybody is worth 20+ million dollars 🤨

Immanuel Quickley's extension range $80-100 million?

Michael Scotto: The Knicks are going to have to make a decision on Immanuel Quickley if they’re going to extend him or put him as part of a bigger trade package? He’s certainly increased his trade value after being a finalist for the Sixth Man of the Year award. In talking with people around the league, this is what I’ve gathered as far as looking at his value. At worst, his floor would be four years, $80 million. Then, you’re getting into a conversation of, to make sense for Quickley, is it in the four-year, $100 range? When Quickley started 21 games, he played well. He averaged 22.6 points on 47 percent shooting from the field and 40 percent from three, 5.4 rebounds, and 5.1 assists. I get the sense Quickley enjoys his time in New York and wants to be there.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, AHF said:

This is actually a situation where I agree with Scotto's comments.

Quickley ranked #44 in the NBA in Win Shares this season.  His 6.7 Win Shares ranks above players like JJJ, Fred VanVleet, Chris Paul, Ja Morant, and even Al Horford.  His 6.7 WS equals the combined WS totals of JC and Dre last year.  Add in the fact that he is only 23 years old and you are going to get some serious interest from teams.  Compare that against our 23 year old Bey and you see 6.7 vs 1.6 and we've seen some pretty high potential salary numbers thrown out for Bey.

Using RAPTOR, he ranks #36 just above JJJ, Jamal Murray, Sabonis, Fox, etc. and substantially above guys like Paul and Horford.  

Using WAR, he ranks #34 above Paul George, DeRozan, Fox, Mikal Bridges, etc. and once again substantially above guys like Paul and Horford.

He is going to get a nice new contract unless he does something to really tank his value in the near term.

100%.  I always check out salary by player ranked top to bottom and see where people would fit in.  You start to realize guys like Collins, Hunter, and others are just paid ...market.  People here often have a lagging view of salaries as the cap continues to increase and combine that with the urge to get guys on value contracts and it leads to that type of sentiment.  Quickley will definitely get $20+ per year imo

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Saw a Laker fan I know in the gym today. He said, “you’re a Hawks fan right?”… 

Ya, you know who I am damnit.

This made me crack up.

"You know my dayum naim!" - squd

And, no, you're not a robot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

100%.  I always check out salary by player ranked top to bottom and see where people would fit in.  You start to realize guys like Collins, Hunter, and others are just paid ...market.  People here often have a lagging view of salaries as the cap continues to increase and combine that with the urge to get guys on value contracts and it leads to that type of sentiment.  Quickley will definitely get $20+ per year imo

I agree Qickley (down under) will get $20mil per.  But fanbases will immediately become thankful their team doesn't have to pay Quickley (down under) $20mil per. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, sturt said:

To be fair to Koonin, he said as much. In fact, your words here are a very close paraphrase as far as I recall.

I think he went on to be more precise that he believes we need a bad ass who has a bigger frame, and as I took it, meaning someone who could be a brute as situations call for it.

@sturtWho did you mention previously as our big frame bad ass that we should go after? I can't find it via search

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, akay said:

@sturtWho did you mention previously as our big frame bad ass that we should go after? I can't find it via search

Thanks for asking... here's that... and also, the last couple of pages of the "wishlist" thread has some thoughts in that vein, fwiw.

• Thanks 1