• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

18 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I could see us...  Going with a DJM+ OO for Brown trade. 

Then turning around and using 15 + Hunter to Bring in another big. 

I will have a would you do it for today later.  But I could see it.

What I gather from the general buzz of information, and to be honest I don't always remember exact sources, but DJM is on the keeper list.  I think Collins or Hunter are much more likely to be moved for JB as the primary salaries going out. 

It could also be Capela if there is a third team involved.  Boston has a killer center rotation right now, so Capela would be swung to another team if he is in the deal.  

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Sothron said:

So my sources have told me the FO is all in on Jaylen Brown. Jaylen has started recently following several Hawks players on social media and he was not doing that before. There is motivation from Jaylen and the Hawks side to bring him to Atlanta. 

So I guess we are tampering? 🤓 if this happens, I suspect the NBA will now be imposing heavier fines instead of a slap on the wrist. :er:

If it's a trade this summer, then he's declining his super max extension from Boston. He will then have to wait 6 months to sign an extension with us (non supermax).

If he signs that super max extension then he cannot be traded for 6 months, then he'll be even more costly not just players and picks but the salary we'll have to send out.

@bleachkit I don't see the cost going down.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, sturt said:

Spud has never brought any proof to back up his suggestions in this way. He just thinks he's getting laughs. In the contest between getting laughs and crapping on someone else's character, his priority is clear. *sigh*

Mahjong 🀄️? That’s a hobby. Or just remain entranced with me, that’s a hobby too. :mellow:

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, sturt said:

......but I believe you should read into anything Jay posts the presumption that Peter Antony is not going to pay tax... and therefore, she automatically starts from the square that says any trade as camp has suggested will require one of our larger salaries going out.

Camp said...

17 hours ago, thecampster said:

Hawks are interested in trading out of the 15th pick to combine with a vet for a roster upgrade.

14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

#15 plus one of the vets to me means: CC, JC Dre and Bogi....based on number of seasons.

I don't consider guys still on rookie contracts and who haven't sign rookie extensions 'vets'.  That's just me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Obviously it's all about the details, but if we are sending out JJ/AJ/OO, multiple draft picks etc. I'm not sure that's worth it.

2 of the 3 and fewer draft pix and maybe it's a 'go' for me tho.  Maybe.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

What I gather from the general buzz of information, and to be honest I don't always remember exact sources, but DJM is on the keeper list.  I think Collins or Hunter are much more likely to be moved for JB as the primary salaries going out. 

It could also be Capela if there is a third team involved.  Boston has a killer center rotation right now, so Capela would be swung to another team if he is in the deal.  

You got to think about Boston.   They may want Collins, but giving up an all NBA talent, they don't want to bring back players who have not been allstars. 

• Premium Member

I think that there needs to be an understanding that there's a difference in calling somebody a LIAR and questioning their character vs.  Questioning the validity of the rumor. 

Originally, I joked about it but now I see that there are people in their real feelings based on what @Spud2nique said.  I went back and read it and basically, he said that anybody could have come up with this conclusion.   That's not a shot at the poster.   That's a questioning of the validity of the rumor. 

I have long felt that there was no real reason for somebody in the know to give out information unless it served a purpose for them.  This is not discussing watergate at the local bar, this is somebody sharing information that they know will end up on a heavily read messageboard.  The posters have said as much because they say they have to be cautious of what they share.

For that reason, I can see the value of using that "mechanism" as a way to do all sorts of things in the media...  Including put out false rumors to test the waters.   
Does that mean that the character of the people sharing the rumor is up for judgement? 
No.    Anybody can say that that rumor is BS and in doing so they are not calling the poster a liar. 

I said it tongue and cheek, but I will say it here for real... the information that is received is just for entertainment value.  It may be totally real, it may be 100% fake.. However, it doesn't mean that the poster is a liar.  And calling it out is not calling the poster a liar either. 

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

:no2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Obviously it's all about the details, but if we are sending out JJ/AJ/OO, multiple draft picks etc. I'm not sure that's worth it.

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

2 of the 3 and fewer draft pix and maybe it's a 'go' for me tho.  Maybe.

We don't have many draft picks to trade: 2023, one of the two in 2024 and 2029.

There has to be some patience involved in this...this is reminding me of the Melo trade from Denver where they gutted the team for him when he could have waited a year, signed as a FA and have a much better team around him. But Melo wanted his max money (the loophole has been closed though).

A SnT next offseason is more palatable: Hawks will still have a lot of work to do to clear salary to sign him has a FA if Boston refuses to pay ball in a SnT. If this is the case then Bey and OO should not be early extended this offseason to keep their capholds as small as possible.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We don't have many draft picks to trade: 2023, one of the two in 2024 and 2029.

There has to be some patience involved in this...this is reminding me of the Melo trade from Denver where they gutted the team for him when he could have waited a year, signed as a FA and have a much better team around him. But Melo wanted his max money (the loophole has been closed though).

A SnT next offseason is more palatable: Hawks will still have a lot of work to do to clear salary to sign him has a FA if Boston refuses to pay ball in a SnT. If this is the case then Bey and OO should not be early extended this offseason to keep their capholds as small as possible.

I think this is more about the money than anything.   Those first rounders are guaranteed money for players that doesn't always pan out.  If true, I think the powers that be would rather go for somebody who is already developed  than to pay for the development of a player that will take time.   Mainly because we have a good nucleus of young guys already. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think this is more about the money than anything.   Those first rounders are guaranteed money for players that doesn't always pan out.  If true, I think the powers that be would rather go for somebody who is already developed  than to pay for the development of a player that will take time.   Mainly because we have a good nucleus of young guys already. 

I was only speaking to the number of draft picks we have avaible to send to trade since they may want more. 

I've already noted I'm not worried about the 25/27 picks owed to SAS - we have very young guys on the bench that need real development over the next 4 years when the last pick is owed. They need to pan out to either keep or trade for real value, similar to how we acquired DJ.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So I guess we are tampering? 🤓 if this happens, I suspect the NBA will now be imposing heavier fines instead of a slap on the wrist. :er:

If it's a trade this summer, then he's declining his super max extension from Boston. He will then have to wait 6 months to sign an extension with us (non supermax).

If he signs that super max extension then he cannot be traded for 6 months, then he'll be even more costly not just players and picks but the salary we'll have to send out.

@bleachkit I don't see the cost going down.

This is pretty big.

If Boston wants to trade him and not deal with the supermax... Does that make them bad guys?

How much does he want to play in Atlanta?  Will he turn down 10s of Millions to be here?

Can he, Trae, and DJ be a big three?

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I was only speaking to the number of draft picks we have avaible to send to trade since they may want more. 

I've already noted I'm not worried about the 25/27 picks owed to SAS - we have very young guys on the bench that need real development over the next 4 years when the last pick is owed. They need to pan out to either keep or trade for real value, similar to how we acquired DJ.

People with draft day parties cry about us trading picks. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

I'm not an insider, but I have a bold prediction...

If Boston loses tonight, we're getting Jaylen Brown via Trade.

Here's my reasoning. 

Boston is like most teams, trying to win but not trying to break the bank to do it.   Last year could have been a fluke.   A lot of unexpected things happened and Boston was in the finals.  This year they have stumbled their way to the ECF game 6 and even though you could argue that Brown has been their best player,  they haven't been a dominant team.  Again a lot of unusual things have happened.  They are playing the 8th Seed in the ECFs and were down 3-0. 

Brown made the All NBA team.. because of Ja Morant.  Now, he has outpriced himself.  in their heart of hearts, I believe that Boston doesn't want to pay the supermax to Brown.  Tatum yes.. but Brown no...  if you look at him statistically, he just doesn't  match up to Supermax because of his efficiency.  So rather than be the bad guys and tell Brown no, they will trade him and say that they wanted the compensation from Atlanta. 

What is the compensation?   OO, JC, and #15 in the draft.   WYDI -5-27 #2.

If they trade JB, they can move Tatum back to his natural position.  SF.  JC is not a slouch, we just make him look like one.  Al Horford is old.  Even though he's still giving you good stuff, his days are coming to a close.   He's 2 classes behind Lebron and everybody Bron came out with is long gone.  Horf is in VC territory.  Getting OO would be getting somebody who can easily share time with Robert Williams and improve their defensive front.   Mazzulla would drool having that combination.  An Actually, I believe that OO would be the part of the deal that is not  negotiable. 

While we love OO, to get JB, I believe Landry and company wouldn't blink on this deal.  I don't know why the rumor is that our FO wants JB just as badly as JB wants to come here.  From a coaching standpt, he's a good perimeter defender and he's a 27 ppg player who gets to the Line.  His age falls in line with Trae and DJ and they would be the new big three. 

That big three should put us in the top echelon of the East.  With Philly coming down.  Boston rebuilding. Cleveland not getting it.  And Brooklyn not there yet, it gives us a very solid chance at going deep into the playoffs and possibly winning a chip. 

It’s so rare that all NBA caliber players become available. Even rarer when that player is from your team’s home city and all indications are he wants to be here. You have to give up what you need to in order to pair him with Trae. We may never get another chance at a player of JB’s caliber who WANTS to be here in Trae’s career.

Look at Melo in NY. They were never able to pair a superstar next to him…and that’s a BIG market. THE market.

Same goes for Dame in Portland. Luka so far in Dallas. AI in Philly.

If we can get a true #2 next to Trae, then we need to do it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I think that there needs to be an understanding that there's a difference in calling somebody a LIAR and questioning their character vs.  Questioning the validity of the rumor. 

Originally, I joked about it but now I see that there are people in their real feelings based on what @Spud2nique said.  I went back and read it and basically, he said that anybody could have come up with this conclusion.   That's not a shot at the poster.   That's a questioning of the validity of the rumor. 

I have long felt that there was no real reason for somebody in the know to give out information unless it served a purpose for them.  This is not discussing watergate at the local bar, this is somebody sharing information that they know will end up on a heavily read messageboard.  The posters have said as much because they say they have to be cautious of what they share.

For that reason, I can see the value of using that "mechanism" as a way to do all sorts of things in the media...  Including put out false rumors to test the waters.   
Does that mean that the character of the people sharing the rumor is up for judgement? 
No.    Anybody can say that that rumor is BS and in doing so they are not calling the poster a liar. 

I said it tongue and cheek, but I will say it here for real... the information that is received is just for entertainment value.  It may be totally real, it may be 100% fake.. However, it doesn't mean that the poster is a liar.  And calling it out is not calling the poster a liar either. 

Thanks 🙏🏿 I mean, the other post the other day I congratulated @Sothronfor his Nuggets getting to the finals. I dunno, it’s like a 60’s classroom in here sometimes with a lot of Karen’s still around. Like why you tryin to start trouble between me and Soth guy? 🦫 (beaver).